• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (TV + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
You're not ready for episode 3.

You're...you're just not. You think you are, but you're not.

Excuse me, I....I need to comprehend what I just witnessed....*big sigh*
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
HOLY CRAP WHAT THE FRICK DID I JUST WATCH WHAT UH I...?!!?

As of episode 3, I don't know what to expect any more.

Awesome.

This series blows all the rest this season out of the water. Damn, I want a blu-ray of this.

And the ED was so creepy good. (Was that Homura's outline reaching out for Madoka?)

I wonder how many episodes this series is going to run.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
And the ED was so creepy good. (Was that Homura's outline reaching out for Madoka?)

Yes it was.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:00 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
You're not ready for episode 3.

I am definitely not ready since I haven't watched Episode 2 :X, I just randomly put this on hold. I should get back to watching this series, and see if I will be amazed more. Judging from the comments, it seems like this series is taking an unique turn from the Mahou Shojo genre (or my opinion of it).
12skippy21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I got to admit I kind of saw that coming (considering all her warnings to Madoka) but I had no idea they would actually go down that route, at least this early in the show. Plus the crazy visuals are stunning as always. Definitely worth seeing where this show may go.

P.S. spoiler[Would be amusing if she came back as a witch.]
vastoceans

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I am loving this show more and more with every episode. The visuals here are just as slick; if not more because the witch design was way better than episode 2 (imo); had the otherworldly feel paired with some creepy ass clown from the Ren & Stimpy show. The music is of course fantastic still.

I really have no idea where this series is going and I don't care as long as it stays this awesome. Too bad the chances of a show like this getting licensed are probably next to none. Sad

spoiler[I feel kinda bad about doubting Mami now but I also get the feeling that this was too simple and straight-forward for her death... venture to guess that she'll be back in one form or another before the show ends (witch or otherwise). ]
tigertora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
that was heavy, and there's much to think about we get some idea of how the senior became a magical girl [/spoiler] there was little time to think and the same thing happens again! spoiler[ man this is a great show but wow at epi three and its heavy.

]
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
willag wrote:

Yes it was.

I wonder who the second person Madoka walked by was?

Sayaka, someone, Mami, Homura... (was it Hitomi? another Magical Girl not yet introduced?)

I also wonder what role Hitomi will eventually fill in the series. I immediately noticed the chromatic arrangement between the three friends in the first episode (Madoka - red/pink, Sayaka - blue, Hitomi - green). And then Mami brought in the yellow. So I kind of wonder what will happen with Hitomi. The mentor? The jealous friend who gets manipulated to fight against her friends? Another Magical Girl?

Or, considering the way the series is going, I might not even be able to predict it.

Oh well, looking forward to next week (man, this waiting thing is gonna suck - that's why I prefer marathoning).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote
man episode 3 was crazy, i kind of have a slight of idea of whats going to happen next episode but i can't be too sure since this show has pretty much been surprising me alot so far.
Hikikomori Safari

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:16 am Reply with quote
Uh.... Wow. spoiler[ I just really didn't see that coming. I really didn't expect this series to actually go that dark, I had always thought it was just posing. I didn't see it straying far enough away from the standard magical girl genre in the first two episodes so this came as quite a surprise when mami done got her head bit off by the scary clown worm. ]

I just hope they don't undo all the awesome that was in this episode through a wish.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:02 am Reply with quote
With this episode, we're left with the question: spoiler[can wishes raise the dead? Kyuubi said they could wish for anything, but logically there must be some limits, or Mami would have just said "could you do me a favor and wish that all witches disappear and no further witches ever come into being?"]

One thing that pleases me about this episode is that with Mami's inner monologue that we saw a little bit of, spoiler[it seems very unlikely that she is evil or has sinister intentions. Like many, I suspected that Mami might be holding back secrets and that they would do the old "she looks kind on the outside but is really evil all along" thing. I didn't want them to do that twist, though, as it seemed fairly predictable. Hopefully this means that won't happen, regardless of whether Mami stays dead or not.]
killmyself

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:08 am Reply with quote
Hikikomori Safari wrote:
Uh.... Wow. spoiler[ I just really didn't see that coming. I really didn't expect this series to actually go that dark, I had always thought it was just posing. I didn't see it straying far enough away from the standard magical girl genre in the first two episodes so this came as quite a surprise when mami done got her head bit off by the scary clown worm. ]

I just hope they don't undo all the awesome that was in this episode through a wish.

That is what I am thinking happens and I agree I didn't expect them to take it that far but SHAFT will be SHAFT I suppose. Still proving why they are the best.

Just noticed they are doing Katte Ni Kaizou; hopefully Kumeta gives them a real ending or SHAFT just changes it to a better one. I've always wanted that to be turned into an anime.
child of Lilith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:34 am Reply with quote
I now official hate clown-worms. . .
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:55 am Reply with quote
OTL i watched episode 3 before going to bed, it blew my mind and gave me insomnia... I actually was a little creeped out when i turned off the light because What happened to spoiler[ Mami ] was really shocking, rather incredibly horrifying and creepy. I felt really bad for her though, I think I kinda understand why what happened happened. spoiler[ She was thinking along the lines of she's not alone any more happy happy, so she lost focus and became some what over confident(Example: when she was talking about how light she felt). Thus she was surprised by a surprise attack. While in Episode two when it looked like the witch had the upper hand she was still calm and focus on winning. And of course the Witch in Episode Three was clearly a level up from Episode the blob-y witch in episode 2. So anyway I felt really sad for Mami, she wasn't alone any more but that threw off her game and she died.] Or maybe I'm the only one who saw it that way, and thus felt sad for her. \( ' 3 ' )/

Last edited by Sakura-Alchemist on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:32 am Reply with quote
I for one saw something along those lines hapening, spoiler[when they said the story of why Mami became one and that they split up I thought that one character will die or something forceing someone to contract. That it might be Kyube is an opertunist and the egg was placed there, kind of convenient place to find one.] Well if it is possible to spoiler[wish somone back alive Madoka was likely to do it as she had no likely wish.]

Another thing is that if it is not possible, it means that the spoiler[OP is quite possibly meant to mislead us into the wrong direction as Mami is featured quite heavily in it. Also of note is that there is a monsterous toothed monster in it, but is done in way as to be comic.]

I really don't trust Kyube, he keeps asking to make a contract, and we know that he chose Madoka and is following her around. Also why did he choose to spoiler[send Madoka to get Mami and stay with Sayaka when Sayaka probably the more athletic one, and Kyube up to now has stayed with Madoka.] Although it could just be for plot purposes, but there are a lot of people that share my suspicions.

@ Sakura-Alchemist - That sounds like a likely explanation of wjat hapend, I think I saw the change in spoiler[Mami being overconfident.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 61