• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online II TV Anime to Launch in 2014

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
I, for one, am not here to upset anyone, I am here because I am upset..
And..

There is genuinely enjoying a show, and then there's being a mindless zombie fanboy/girl of a shitty show who then goes on to wrongfully spread how amazing the show is when everyone knows that it's a bad show.

You understand how immature you sound getting upset that not everyone likes exactly what you like, right? You know people have these things called "opinions", correct? Someone may like a show you don't like, but it doesn't mean they're wrong! It means they're interested in different things then you.
Nayu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
Nayu wrote:
flackenstien wrote:
Nayu wrote:
flackenstien wrote:
Oh great...

This shit is back..

No one is pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to watch it. Or to post your opinion on it. You could have just wandered past but, hey, did it make you feel better?

So you're telling me I can't just simply post a reply here? [EDIT: Inappropriate comment deleted. - Key]

And, not watching it isn't going to make all the fanboys & fangirls stop posting everywhere about how great the series is.. (PS, it isn't great, Sword Art is bad.)
The series being back is an inconvenience to anyone with a worthwhile set of anime taste buds.

Exactly how does a show you won't watch inconvenience you at all? Seriously. Please post in detail how this affects you, who won't be watching it, in any way. Please.

I just told you why in the post you just quoted..

RyanSaotome wrote:
I'd say all the people who swamp SAO topics talking about how terrible it is to try to upset the fans are worse then the people who genuinely enjoy a show.

No, please don't assume things.
I, for one, am not here to upset anyone, I am here because I am upset..
And..

There is genuinely enjoying a show, and then there's being a mindless zombie fanboy/girl of a shitty show who then goes on to wrongfully spread how amazing the show is when everyone knows that it's a bad show.

So its "the fanboys" fault you can't ignore them and find yourself responding to things that you really should just be ignoring cause they have no actual impact on you? Got it.
EspressoTibbs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
EspressoTibbs wrote:
Question to anyone who has read this Gun Gale Online arc.. Does it involve any of the following: spoiler[Incest, waifu bait, damsel in distress, ridiculously overpowered main character, or completely unnecessary tentacle rape]?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

From memory: spoiler[No, most would say yes, depends on your definition of damsel in distress, if you're asking this the answer is probably yes for you, and no]

I mean it in more of an Asuna sense, as in spoiler[starting off with a really great strong female lead whose character is completely degraded by getting locked away by the bad guy as a prize for kirito to rescue.]

I legitimately enjoyed (most) of the first half of SAO, but boy that second half just burnt me out. I'm not sure if i can handle another spoiler[super kirito saves the damsel] kind of thing again.

That said, i am a bit curious about the new MMO world, so i'll probably check out at least a few episodes.

EDIT: If anything i'll at least check it out to hear Miyuki Sawashiro's voice.

Last edited by EspressoTibbs on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
terminus24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:

Really? It is also possible to genuinely enjoy an absolutely awful show, I know plenty people who do. Plus "awful" is still an opinion, everyone has different tastes and expectations.

And nothing is worse than someone who states their opinion like fact, IMO.
Himeko90

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
JTDR wrote:
I`ve watched over 13000 episode, specials, movies and ovas from 310 different anime. SAO S1 is one of the most terrible anime ever. No matter what you will hope, this anime won`t be different. Actually, if you try to do it on purpose, you won`t be able to do an anime this bad. From one episode to another, it was a big disappointment.

flackenstien wrote:
Oh great...

This shit is back..

Haters are going to keep on hating.

flackenstien wrote:

The series being back is an inconvenience to anyone with a worthwhile set of anime taste buds.

Quote:

Oh look, someone who believes that his tastes in anime are superior to others..........

Time to get off of your condescending and pretentious high horse pal. Rolling Eyes
Leebo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
And nothing is worse than someone who states their opinion like fact, IMO.

At the same time, assuming that someone is declaring something to be a fact simply because they didn't say "in my opinion" every time is also silly.
YumeHunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
I don't know that will I watch this. Probably I will because I want to see is this any better than the first season. The first season was a prime example of a missused potential. But props at having Miyuki Sawashiro doing the main females voice.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
So it looks like Kirito, despite having a wife already, is going to add yet another girl into his harem.

Sigh.

Knew that the second season would undoubtedly be made because the first season was so massively popular, but it is still sad to see.
JTDR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
I never tought you guys would go this far. To the peoples who are sending me private messages with dead wishes, please stop. I only said my opinion. If you guys can`t have a serious chat, that`s fine by me. ANN is a serious site, but some people here are not. My comments are my own opinions. If you don`t like it, we can discuss it. But stop being childish.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
JTDR wrote:
I never tought you guys would go this far. To the peoples who are sending me private messages with dead wishes, please stop. I only said my opinion. If you guys can`t have a serious chat, that`s fine by me. ANN is a serious site, but some people here are not. My comments are my own opinions. If you don`t like it, we can discuss it. But stop being childish.

Wait, they're sending you abusive PMs? Make sure you let the mods know about that.

Also, FTR: I am not going to watch this and as such I have no opinion on the second season other than "I'm not going to watch it"
Nayu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
JTDR wrote:

Did you get angry on a message board and start PM-ing people who hold differing opinions than your own? Cause ya know, stalking people is serious chat, dude.
JTDR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:04 pm Reply with quote
47 pm. Not only yours guy.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Good news to wake up to.
Leebo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
JTDR wrote:

I find it hard to believe you got 47 PMs because of your initial post.

EDIT: Oh, apparently he's the one PMing people, and it sounds like he's trolling. And then getting flamed. And then playing the victim.

Last edited by Leebo on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nayu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
JTDR wrote:

You PMed 47 people cause they don't hold the same opinion of an anime as you. Seriously man, don't follow people into PMs when you have a difference of opinion. It is stalker-iffic and getting negative responses is only natural.

(For the record, he PMed me. I replied back with "Thank you for your response. Please kindly DIAF." I don't like being followed off a discussion thread and get protective.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 21