• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recently, my sister is unusual. (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:53 am Reply with quote
One thing that's really been bugging me is that stupid gauge that shows up whenever the ghost starts molesting Mitsuki.

It's pretty much saying "This isn't rape because she's actually enjoying it!" >.>

It just makes me facepalm everytime. We are well aware that Mitsuki is being violated against her will. Don't freaking try to cover it up with that stupid BS. I skimmed through the manga and i don't recall seeing that showing up there. So i'm just going to guess that this is them showing us something because we aren't allowed to see whats ACTUALLY happening unless we buy the BD/DVD. But there are SO many other things that could have been shown instead of that annoying thing. All it does is sour things up for me.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:01 am Reply with quote
We all know those scenes are meant to be parodies of such scenes from H games, right?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
I'm still willing to bet it's just for show because they are censoring the scene.

If it is a parody it's a terrible and annoying one that doesn't transition properly into the anime.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote
yeah, I agree, that text bar is unnecessary
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
We all know those scenes are meant to be parodies of such scenes from H games, right?

My guess is that the narration boxes weren't enough clue.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
This show has moved from the perverted to the seriously sadistic.

The comments from the ghost girl: If you don't work with me to fill the locket and get me to heaven you get to wear that for the rest of your life. If you do nothing and the locket dries out you die. Essentially the belt prevents actual sex but requires regular sexual activity short of intercourse. She has two choices, ruin her life or die.

Also Mitsuki is an innocent. Both in the sense that she is not sexually active and that as far as the show has revealed she has done nothing to warrant this shit. As far as I can tell her only sin is to be living with a step brother who may have some unspecified relation to the idiot ghost.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
ep.3

spoiler[
brother give swather to step-sister to cover up give happy to have another female family member since his birth mom died can't remember her yet step-sister her birth dad left both her & mom due to gamble & young women.

then someone on door call in for help & ta-da it childhood friend of brother give ghost girl got jealous so cake meet doobi yet try slip brother meet doobi so lead refer big or small doobi yet brother pick both.

then after drunk aunt & cause wet pantsu give wind blow in school yet bad timing by brother here come childhood friend help step-sister give wind blown but brother fall down yet can't remember it.

& oh step-sister got give of pantsy from "someone"?]

& yet mention of live action of this yet seeing those pics oh my FACEPALM why japan again?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
So she doesn't need an orgasm for the gauge to get filled. It was kind of strange seeing his male friend be with him in the nurse office. It is usually always the love interest/family member in that position.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Ep 3.

This farce would be a bit more fun if I didn't feel so badly for Mitsuki. Not only is she in an unreasonable predicament not of her own making but her whole backstory sucks big time. To top it off it looks to me like her situation amounts to being sexually exploited and she has absolutely no way to fight back. What's she going to do, "tell an adult?"

So it seems that Yuu-senpai spoiler[can see the ghost.] I'm glad something is taking the wind out of her sails for the reasons stated above.

I wish someone would explain that creepy-ass doll-like figure in the ending credits. Other than having the same hair color as the ghost it doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the story.
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:16 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Ep 3.
I wish someone would explain that creepy-ass doll-like figure in the ending credits. Other than having the same hair color as the ghost it doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the story.

I think it's supposed to be the ghost. It does get hit by a truck and die at the end of the ending sequence.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Mitsuki's backstory is a bit of a bummer, she and spoiler[her mother beaten by her father and abandoned, her mother than going from guy to guy looking for companionship]. Seems a little unfair for her to be presented as a normal happy person earlier, her spoiler[mother that is].

If Mitsuki gets some help to finish the situation it would be good, but that would finish the series.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
I think it's supposed to be the ghost. It does get hit by a truck and die at the end of the ending sequence.

I can't believe I missed that. You're right but then I have to conclude what we are looking at is Hiyori's self image of her live self. None too flattering. She couldn't have been that ugly for real because some guy fell in love with her. In any case that's a hell of a makeover for the afterlife.

It would seem she has some guilt about rejecting that guy. Then she was so fixated on Yuu that when she sees him she runs out in front of a truck.

Now what I don't get is what the point of the chastity belt is. It is amusing to see each character react to it in the opening credits but if the desire of the afterlife spirits is for Hiyori/Mitsuki to get it on with someone it seems a bit counter-purpose. Mitsuki out to be looking at it as protection, not restraint.
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, I think that Hiyori spoiler[might not have all the facts straight and is trying to speed up the process via the quick and dirty method. It appeared that the belt's meter gained a hell of a lot of "liquid" when Mitsuki and the boy bonded as family rather than "zomg lewd!" actions were taken. I don't know if Hiyori's doing this on purpose or just has her facts jumbled.]

And Yuu-sempai spoiler[totally can see them both when they're ethereal.]

Also: spoiler[congratulations to Mitsuki for making it through an entire episode without pissing herself. Rofl. I never thought I'd need to say that....]
dlm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Call on me...

Call me!

This show could be a lot better but this had me rolling. Looks like they aren't afraid to pander to Internet memes.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
ep.4

spoiler[step-sister bit "hmm" give recent happen yet ghost girl really need to be the little sister so in way ghost girl take control of step-sister body to show it how it done.

give cooking, supermarket, rock tossing yet step-sister hear a "voice" don't be seperated too long yet when brother mention of person her recall from his years ago step-sister trying get body back til barrier happen with "someone" watching them.

give step-sister plan finally do it with brother yet he assume his step-sister got split personality issues give whole nap in same room doing til brother go like don't force it type speech.

manage get ghost girl let step-sister have body everything back to normal. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7