• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
ep.3

spoiler[raku had dream of girl & story book give by on way from chitoge got wasted due to asked about the date yet raku want talk to with onodera.

yet school everyone is talking about them give pretend act keep on going with claude is watching them give school over raku have talk with onodera give wonder to say oops a key yet wonder give she ran & got nervous.

next day give no claude watching them well seem normal that raku had talk with shu about something notice chitoge never had talk with other peoples.

so raku check on chitoge reveal notebook on how make friends give raku listen in give had same thing as well before give with yakuza & mob life with no friends yet help each others get pals.

give also perform act as a couple but same onodera with outside hearing there sayings?! ]
TehDarkPrince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know who did the ending eyecatch for episode 3?
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
By all accounts I should be in love with this show. It's my favourite genre, features one of my favourite seiyuu and is by my favourite animation studio. On paper, it should be a favourite, right?

But it's not, not by a long shot. Everything aside from the art seems generic, I don't buy the humour and I don't like the characters. I watched up to ep 2 out of loyalty to SHAFT, but it's not enough to keep me going.

I'm quite happy to be proven wrong, and you guys who'll continue watching it will find the characters fully developed and actually funny, and the premise will offer a fresh twist on the 'lame guy, many love interests' angle that's been done to death. I'd be glad if I was proven wrong in this case. Sadly, I won't be continuing to find out.
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:51 am Reply with quote
dirkusbirkus wrote:
By all accounts I should be in love with this show. It's my favourite genre, features one of my favourite seiyuu and is by my favourite animation studio. On paper, it should be a favourite, right?

But it's not, not by a long shot. Everything aside from the art seems generic, I don't buy the humour and I don't like the characters. I watched up to ep 2 out of loyalty to SHAFT, but it's not enough to keep me going.

I'm quite happy to be proven wrong, and you guys who'll continue watching it will find the characters fully developed and actually funny, and the premise will offer a fresh twist on the 'lame guy, many love interests' angle that's been done to death. I'd be glad if I was proven wrong in this case. Sadly, I won't be continuing to find out.

That's really too bad. Yes, the story took a bit to revv up, but episode 3 was brilliant. And if you think Raku is a lame guy, you haven't paid attention. He's in a lousy position, but if you pay attention to him, you'll see there's more there than say "Tenchi-clone XLIII". The third episode really does go a long ways to fleshing out the three primary characters and it finally introduces my favorite character, Ruri.

It's also so deliciously Shaft.

This might be my favorite work of theirs since Natsu no Arashi! (Which got absolutely no love sadly enough.)
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
I like the show but I have no opinion of the third episode. What meaning that actually has, I'm still trying to figure out.

It was cute, it was funny but I guess it was pointless? We had a "possibly true" dream sequence followed by a show that can be only summed up as "as we were saying...". Fake relationship? Check. Misunderstanding between friends? Check. Suspicious guy still suspicious? Check. So the only distance made from the first episode/premise is the episode count?

Quote:
Nisekoi: Airing from January 11 for two cours

You don't say. Alright, this is going to take awhile...

I liked all the stuff with the school's zoo but that had no bearing on the plot, not even on a "look, they're bonding!" level. Plotwise, we're not going to be picking up steam until about episode 6 with a cliffhanger around 12, complications around 16-18 with no ending at 24. Wow, that was fast, what else is on?
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:

And if you think Raku is a lame guy, you haven't paid attention. He's in a lousy position, but if you pay attention to him, you'll see there's more there than say "Tenchi-clone XLIII".

That's pretty dismissive of you (I don't see what you see, so clearly I'm not paying attention?) but that's cool, I'm pretty dismissive with my criticism of the show as well. I would, however, love to know what redeeming features Raku has that distinguishes him from the countless other male protagonists in countless other romcoms. The only thing I can think of is that he doesn't appear to be a pervert. He still gets beat up by girls and beats himself up because he can't tell girls how he feels. You've honestly never seen this before? He's actually a really deep character with many dimensions?

Please, enlighten me. I mustn't have been paying attention Wink
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
dirkusbirkus wrote:
Nayu wrote:

And if you think Raku is a lame guy, you haven't paid attention. He's in a lousy position, but if you pay attention to him, you'll see there's more there than say "Tenchi-clone XLIII".

That's pretty dismissive of you (I don't see what you see, so clearly I'm not paying attention?) but that's cool, I'm pretty dismissive with my criticism of the show as well. I would, however, love to know what redeeming features Raku has that distinguishes him from the countless other male protagonists in countless other romcoms. The only thing I can think of is that he doesn't appear to be a pervert. He still gets beat up by girls and beats himself up because he can't tell girls how he feels. You've honestly never seen this before? He's actually a really deep character with many dimensions?

Please, enlighten me. I mustn't have been paying attention Wink

He wears a hair clip!
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

He wears a hair clip!

/thread

Very Happy
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote
The notebook thing was precious.

I bet Raku and Chitoge are going to fall for each other through a "omg look at all the stuff we have in common!" formula.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I also really liked the touch with the notebooks. It seems only natural that the two of them would have a fair number of similarities, given their families. I think the chemistry between the two of them is developing really naturally and it's refreshing to see the show take the time for that.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

"Stupid bean sprout"

Well, that was some nice progressive movement for both Raku and Chitoge. One thing I noticed is that both of them are spoiler[ starting to feel more conscious of each other despite their constant bickering].

Anyways, seems like more spoiler[characters knows that they are a fake couple] but it wasn't hard to figure out in the first place anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
the girls in this anime are so damn cute. I like this mangaka's character design.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:33 pm Reply with quote
ep.4

spoiler[give chitoge now talking other girl having friends give usual he said vs she said doing on raku yet onodera bit worry wonder so ruri had study group at raku place to drag in onodera, chitoge, & shu.

give study time seem hmm til lead whole bunch talk on from raku & chitoge realtionship, onodera type of guy, raku concern want onodera, etc til shu mention something give raku need talk to shu.

give raku confess to shu about pretend with chitoge give that shu knew whole time they were faking so give etc doing yakuza guy wonder to do lock raku & chitoge in same room.

give alone time from he said vs she said talk, saying onodera is type girl that every girl want to be, etc chitoge got bit scared being in locked room to point oops slip feel on top of raku?

cue claude open the door going like full blast mode with onodera saw this panic run yet chitoge see raku as bean sprout yet sense he got good side.

etc doing with shu & ruri mention from did ruri got kiss to even talk on raku & chitoge dating issue. ]
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 4:

Anyways, seems like more spoiler[characters knows that they are a fake couple] but it wasn't hard to figure out in the first place anyways.

Unless you happen to be yakuza, a position that should depend on being observant of your surroundings and other people. Must be one of those stupid plot devices things...

Speaking of observant, it took Raku four episodes to realize Chitoge was "hot". Since he doesn't even see Onodera that way, his feelings for that girl could be called, let's see, inuchankoi? Cute and innocent feelings those two share while he was moments away from spoiler[making out with another girl within his own home]. Puberty, the great leveler.

Good thing they were interrupted or this series would have reached its climax early. Nisekoi is no match for the power of hormones.
Ghost_Wheel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:25 am Reply with quote
I mean the fake relationship is holding off the gang war, which I think is a ridiculous enough conceit anyway that I'm taking the Yakuza behavior with a grain of salt.

That said, the visual style is interesting, the jokes are sometimes funny, and 26 episodes is probably too long for what it is, especially if we're going to continue to move at this slow pace. Once a week goggles mean I'll probably keep watching it, but the choice between the submissive girl and the submissive girl who's acting like she isn't one isn't really the greatest in female leads.

I do always enjoy when people from outside the triangle start helping/trolling, though. That should be fun to see in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 24