• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Discs of Steel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Greed:
Quote:
If awareness is an issue, and word of mouth doesn't cut it, sometimes you're not left with much choice other than to rely on someone with more recognition, even if it means having to give a cut to them.

Or sometimes, you just have to threaten to leave the biz entirely, and then no one else will pick up those shows.

Quote:
Going onto Kickstarter probably means that they'd have to up the goal to cover that particular cost, but if it's choice between asking for more and succeeding on one site and asking for less and failing on another, maybe it's not such an abhorrent notion.

If they ask for more money, then the fans will complain it about it being too expensive for an old-ass show, and won't jump in.

Quote:
And, unfortunately, I think you're expecting too much out of people to expect that they go and spread the word about something that they don't personally care about. Sure, it's possible that their efforts will be rewarded by something coming along that they do care about, but that is a pretty ephemeral reward that I doubt too many people will find enticing.

That's how most businesses are run. WOM. What's ephemeral thinking is expecting fans who would snub these shows in the first place to suddenly change their tune if it was on Kickstarter.

Quote:
If that means the difference between meeting a funding goal and not meeting it, I'm not sure how it is relevant why those people gave money.

It's relevant if the person behind the Kickstarter lies or reneges on fulfilling their end of the crowdfunder.

Quote:
After all, somebody might really want Creamy Mami to come out, but that doesn't mean they'll care about the next thing,

True, but then that goes for Kickstarter, too. As someone else noted, Santa Company barely made its goal.

Quote:
but if refusing to work with the big guys means you can't do something at all, you might have to bite the bullet from time to time.

Or just don't do anything, since it's better not to lose money on flakes.

Firewire:
Quote:
it still doesn't affect those people who are looking for something to own,

Actually, it does affect it for those people, if the show gets cut off, due to low sales. [Once again, Kodocha and Full Moon O Sagashite.]

Quote:
the entire show is already available for streaming on their site and if all you wanted to do was see the show, you wouldn't be someone to buy that show on DVD anyways.

Yes, but if you're the type of douche who pirates, and then demands a company put that show on DVD, anyway, then it does impact the licensor.

Quote:
(One example in gaming is GOG.com where they sell old games digitally that have already been "pirated to hell and back" and yet the company was still able to sell what many considered 'far expired or past their prime' to an audience looking for anything from Nostalgia to just being interested in old games.)

That's because gamers are more reliable and loyal consumers than anime fans. It's also why so many recent anime are based off video games.

Bamble:
Quote:
Although a fan of classic anime, as I unfortunately live in the "wrong" part of the world, Anime Sols do not want my money for any of their series.

What part of "They are not legally allowed to sell it to your country?" do you not understand? But if you've got the money to spend on a Sols show and international shipping fees, then move here, and then everyone will be happy.

Quote:
On the other hand, as geo-restrictions were not in place, I was able to successfully pledge support for AnimEigo's forthcoming release of Bubblegum Crisis using Kickstarter,

Actually, there were geo-restrictions put in place for BGC. They can't sell it to Asian territories, for example. And Animeigo's been in the same situation as Sols for the last 25 years, and no one complained about them.

Meanwhile, $3,300 to go for Mami.
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:56 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Here's my question: Studio Pierrot has already made money off of the series because 3 of the boxes have been funded. Are they out any money if they don't get box 4 funded? (Hopefully it will get funded.) It seems a shame for them not to take another chance because 3/4 failed. I could be totally wrong, but doesn't Anime Sols do all the work for them? Or is it a pride thing?

Any profit Sols may have made from the first set was effectively wiped out when Sam had to reprint disc 2.

Greed1914 wrote:
Which is entirely the point FlamingFirewire was making. If awareness is an issue, and word of mouth doesn't cut it, sometimes you're not left with much choice other than to rely on someone with more recognition, even if it means having to give a cut to them. Given that Anime Sols obviously doesn't have a budget for a marketing campaign, putting funding campaigns where more people are more likely to see them isn't such a terrible idea. If Anime Sols prefers not to do that, that is fine, but making it less visible is the obvious price to pay. Going onto Kickstarter probably means that they'd have to up the goal to cover that particular cost, but if it's choice between asking for more and succeeding on one site and asking for less and failing on another, maybe it's not such an abhorrent notion.

While I believe the overhead for a KS was one of the reasons the site wasn't chosen, it wasn't the only reason. While I haven't double-checked, I don't think there have been many successful KSs for continual, multi-part releases like, say, Creamy Mami, and it would be difficult to generate, get approval for, and manufacture the expected stretch goals for, again, a show like Creamy Mami. KS also isn't set up for hosting multiple videos, so you would have to direct users to another site, like YouTube, and involving that many entities, you can lose a little control over the property. The Sols website also allows for fans of a show to gather in one place to create a community, but I think that has been one of the less successful goals of Anime Sols.*

I'm pretty sure that BGC is one of the few non-new anime properties to get successfully kickstarted, but the CrowdProduction™ has turned in to a kind of bad joke.

* - These are solely my thoughts, and I still hope that Sols can find a sufficient audience and succeed.

Last edited by EyeOfPain on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
gravediggernalk wrote:
It's just wishful thinking, but it'd be nice if someone would sub-license all the Macross anime (and Southern Cross and Mospeada for that matter) from HG-USA and put out new, remastered sets.

This is what you might call tl;dr. Hopefully you and others read it anyway. I'm sure some of you are tired of seeing me rehash here whenever Macross licensing gets mentioned. For which I apologize.

Anyway.

Sadly, it's not even that simple (i.e., studios wanting to license it but just not wanting to pay Harmony Gold). If it were, someone probably would've actually bit the bullet and done it by now. There are several problems.

1) Harmony Gold does not actually hold any Macross franchise licenses beyond the original series. They only hold trademarks based on the original series. Things such as the name "Macross" and its usage and appearance in text form.

So, basically, a studio like FUNimation or Sentai would have to go to the Japanese, try to license something like Macross Frontier, and then also have to negotiate a contract with Harmony Gold.

That, or, in theory, have a dub script wherein no one says "Macross," alter the Japanese audio so that no one says "Macross," put overlays over the title logo and any other appearance of the word "Macross," and call the show "Frontier Space Saga" or something of that sort. Doing all that means avoiding using any of Harmony Gold's trademarks, and thus not having to deal with them or pay them.

2) There's something that my semi-facetious suggestion there is vaguely getting at, which is basically that as a result of lawsuits you may or may not have heard of (including on this very site), the Japanese company which originally licensed the original Macross to Harmony Gold back when they wanted to make Robotech, legally wasn't actually able to do so, because they didn't have the right to.

Harmony Gold claims that those court rulings don't affect their standing, but that is a claim that rings hollow yet can be made because no interested parties are in a position (monetarily) to challenge it.

If this were an IP that was actually worth money in Hollywood, someone likely would've taken Harmony Gold to court and had their trademarks and other specious claims to the Macross franchise rendered wholly invalid by now.

The most telling thing is the fact that Harmony Gold has only set out to do things like making one original Robotech sequel and a mere handful of merchandise items. If they were in as good a position as they claim to be, they would've already licensed Macross Frontier, beaten it up to become a new Robotech chapter, and released it on disc. They certainly would have been allowing more merchandise to be released.

But they can't do any of that. And they know it. And so they're basically just trying to stay barely off the radar of the Japanese while still exploiting what they can of the franchise in order to justify their trademarks. And that's a really big problem. Because now it's really just a whiny child doing the whole "if I can't have it, you can't either" thing.

Probably no surprise that their owner, Frank Agrama, was tried and convicted of fraud in Italy, along with Silvio Berlusconi (who, if you Google him, you will find to be a fine and upstanding citizen... not), in relation to, what else, media licensing. Yet Italy's amazingly stupid justice system (see also: Amanda Knox) said Agrama was guilty, due to serve jail time, needed to pay fines... but basically didn't have to suffer from any of that because he wasn't quite criminal enough, and away he walked scott free. So, if you didn't know that, maybe that should help Harmony Gold's general idiocy make a tiny bit more sense.

There are also some claims that Harmony Gold, in its primary capacity as a real estate company (!), has been involved in money-laundering in China. Nothing much has come of that to date, but you never know.

3) Because of the wretched history of debated ownership in Japan and oddly questionable licensing here, there's no guarantee that even if Harmony Gold were to vanish tomorrow (which is a nice thought, don't get me wrong), FUNimation or whomever would be able to go to Bandai Visual and Big West and get a Macross Frontier license, or a Macross Plus license, or whatever.

Japanese studios are notoriously controlling and gunshy already, in certain situations. Even more so when they have a history of being burned, with respect to a particular franchise.

4) There are pricing and ownership issues with the music rights. Basically, Macross 7 uses music from Macross Plus and the red-headed stepchild known as Macross II. Macross Frontier uses music from Macross Zero, Macross 7 and Macross: Do You Remember Love. To license either of those installments, at least, would require extra money and extra headaches.
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Bummer that a big name like JS would not recommend the Macross Plus box. I will have to go through the subtitles to check for these issues. Things like that don't bother me because they aren't necessary. The major selling point for myself was the new 5.1ch audio and remastered video, not the English options.

Bandai Visual and Big West either never acquired or didn't want the subtitles that Manga Entertainment had created for the movie's domestic VHS release, as part of the same kerfuffle over the OVA episode 4 dub, so they commissioned their own.

I have no idea who they hired, but whoever it was should be ashamed of the work, or happy because they succeeded in trolling Bandai Visual and getting paid to do it.

The subtitles as a batch can be separated into thirds, roughly. One third is fine. One third is looser than ideal, translation-wise, with some questionable grammar decisions and some errors that may just be bad typos, but still okay in a pinch. One third is awful and awkward, and almost feels like a completely different person who had no idea what they were doing and poor knowledge of English was allowed to write random lines.

It's really weird. You'll get one line which has perfect grammar, and the very next line is Engrish-y. Occasionally you get random colloquialisms like "bromance" thrown in there, as if some insane helper person who learned English as a second language by watching our stupidest reality TV shows took over for a second.
Bamble

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
What part of "They are not legally allowed to sell it to your country?" do you not understand?

I'm... not sure what you mean here - I think everyone else here understands the licensing restrictions for Anime Sols. Some people are merely pointing out that if it were opened up (with appropriate legal measures having been put into place) it might help series that fall short of the original goals.

GATSU wrote:
But if you've got the money to spend on a Sols show and international shipping fees, then move here, and then everyone will be happy.

An entirely reasonable, and dare I say it, fool-proof suggestion.

GATSU wrote:
Actually, there were geo-restrictions put in place for BGC. They can't sell it to Asian territories, for example. And Animeigo's been in the same situation as Sols for the last 25 years, and no one complained about them.

Yes, one of those three Asian territories was Japan, where it has already been released on blu-ray. So in this instance two countries who do not have the series in the same format as AnimEigo are offering do not have the opportunity to pledge. I think that still leaves the vast majority of the rest of the world, perhaps explaining the fewer complaints here?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Greed:
Quote:
If awareness is an issue, and word of mouth doesn't cut it, sometimes you're not left with much choice other than to rely on someone with more recognition, even if it means having to give a cut to them.

Or sometimes, you just have to threaten to leave the biz entirely, and then no one else will pick up those shows.

Quote:
Going onto Kickstarter probably means that they'd have to up the goal to cover that particular cost, but if it's choice between asking for more and succeeding on one site and asking for less and failing on another, maybe it's not such an abhorrent notion.

If they ask for more money, then the fans will complain it about it being too expensive for an old-ass show, and won't jump in.

Quote:
And, unfortunately, I think you're expecting too much out of people to expect that they go and spread the word about something that they don't personally care about. Sure, it's possible that their efforts will be rewarded by something coming along that they do care about, but that is a pretty ephemeral reward that I doubt too many people will find enticing.

That's how most businesses are run. WOM. What's ephemeral thinking is expecting fans who would snub these shows in the first place to suddenly change their tune if it was on Kickstarter.

Quote:
If that means the difference between meeting a funding goal and not meeting it, I'm not sure how it is relevant why those people gave money.

It's relevant if the person behind the Kickstarter lies or reneges on fulfilling their end of the crowdfunder.

Quote:
After all, somebody might really want Creamy Mami to come out, but that doesn't mean they'll care about the next thing,

True, but then that goes for Kickstarter, too. As someone else noted, Santa Company barely made its goal.

Quote:
but if refusing to work with the big guys means you can't do something at all, you might have to bite the bullet from time to time.

Or just don't do anything, since it's better not to lose money on flakes.

1. I don't think threatening to leave entirely is that much of a threat for most people. The idea of "if we don't make money we'll close" is always there. It is always the risk of doing business, so it's nothing new here. And even if it does work, it would only work on people that care about that particular show. Given that Anime Sols looks at shows that basically everyone else has already passed on, that seems like a sign that the prospect of never getting an official release won't be much of a spark.

2. Some might not jump in because of the added cost of KS, but if being on there means enough other people do go in, who cares? Besides, if somebody was only ever going to give a certain amount, it won't matter what the total goal is.

3. No, businesses run on offering something that someone wants at that time and word of mouth flows from people enjoying/hating what is offered enough to tell others about it. It's pretty rare for someone to say, "I'll go out of my way to tell others about this thing that I don't care about myself on the off chance that maybe one of them cares about it." They'll probably mention it if asked about it, but they won't go out of their way. And it's not ephemeral at all to think that being on a well-known site would make a difference. People want something they feel like they can trust to some degree. Obviously, any crowdfunding depends on the person behind the project, but being on a well-known crowdfunding site adds at least the perception of legitimacy in many people's minds.

4. If what you're saying is that it's relevant because the person actually conducting the project, in this case Anime Sols, could lie/renege, then it still isn't relevant because that is a possibility of any crowdfunding. What I'm saying is the reasons of the person giving money don't matter because money is money, and based on what you've pointed out repeatedly, reneging by people who said they'd give money was already a big problem on Anime Sol's own website, so they aren't taking much of a risk there by using KS.

5. Again, if you make your goal, who cares whether or not it was due to repeat donors or not? Santa Company might have barely made its goal, but it still made it regardless of why people gave it money. That is just something that comes with crowdfunding. Are you really going to say, "Some of those pledges came from usernames I don't recognize, so I'm just going to assume I didn't actually meet the goal and shut it down?" No, you're going to keep going forward because the whole concept works on the assumption is people pledging care at least enough to follow through.

6. Sure, you could throw in the towel and hope the next one works out, but how many times can you do that before people stop believing you'll actually come through this time? Running a business always carries the risk of losing money, and you won't make any money if you refuse to go forward every time things didn't quite turn out as you hoped.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Something I want to clarify about the Santa Company kickstarter - I was mentioning general ballpark numbers for animation kickstarters that have succeeded. The main goal for the Santa company was $50,000 - the final amount they raised was $72,270 USD with 836 backers. That is in to way "barely" making your funding.

EDIT: For anyone who doesn't know where this figure came from:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/itoso-tag/santa-company

Last edited by FlamingFirewire on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
EyeOfPain wrote:
The Sols website also allows for fans of a show to gather in one place to create a community, but I think that has been one of the less successful goals of Anime Sols.

The forum "coming soon" since day 1 hasn't materialized, so there's just no platform for something like that. You're not going to generate any self-sustaining activity with just comment threads for videos.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I think crowdfunding will work long term as a way to encourage the development of sequels or expansions for existing content. Re-releases or international releases too. Anything where people more or less know what they'll be getting. In terms of actual new IP though, I doubt it will last. Crowdfunding is ultimately a bit of a fad right now. It's the new, cool thing to do and the idea of directly influencing what gets made is very novel. Eventually though, a lot of people are going to start losing interest. The environment will become over-saturated. Plus people will get burnt a few times, fund something that doesn't turn out the way they hoped, and become a lot more apprehensive about committing money to something that only exists in concept.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Firewire:
Quote:
it still doesn't affect those people who are looking for something to own,

Actually, it does affect it for those people, if the show gets cut off, due to low sales. [Once again, Kodocha and Full Moon O Sagashite.]

It might affect the fans wanting to collect the show, but piracy usually doesn't affect the decision to buy or not. For shows easily available to stream or see without paying money, I'd say the chances for someone willing to shell out money for what they really enjoyed go up - but that changes from person to person and what they consider reasonable price, how much their into the fandom, etc.

From the lack of sales for those series and many others (includ. Case Closed), that just makes it obvious that there are not ENOUGH fans who are willing to buy the DVDs/BDs for those shows to succeed. (Which is a bummer, because I was really hoping to continue collecting Case Closed Sad)

If you want the physical product, you'll pay the money.

If you don't want the physical product, you won't pay the money.
(If you don't have the money, or are a cheapskate, you won't have bought anything in the end anyways.)

GATSU wrote:

Quote:
(One example in gaming is GOG.com where they sell old games digitally that have already been "pirated to hell and back" and yet the company was still able to sell what many considered 'far expired or past their prime' to an audience looking for anything from Nostalgia to just being interested in old games.)

That's because gamers are more reliable and loyal consumers than anime fans. It's also why so many recent anime are based off video games.

While that be true with many gamers, that's not really the prevailing attitude "in the Industry". Most large game publishers and better known game devs consistently blame piracy for why something they make doesn't sell well, stuffing most of their major releases with varying forms of DRM (some WAY more intrusive than others).

I would agree that it seems GOG.com customers are generally more reliable and loyal though.

PC gaming is generally far cheaper and more available than anime - constant sales through Steam, GOG.com, and other online retailers selling their games for ridiculously low prices that promote mass and impulse buying during constant sales. The only retailer beyond rightstuf that sells anime for cheap that I can think of is Amazon - and neither have new titles available for 80%-90% off throughout the year.

Also, with the exception of visual novels, I honestly can't think of many anime adaptations recently that have been from games, usually that's more LNs, manga, and the like. What are some recent ones you had in mind?
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
EyeofPain:
Quote:
Any profit Sols may have made from the first set was effectively wiped out when Sam had to reprint disc 2.

Not necessarily. They still have the extras on Right Stuf they can sell.

Sakura:
Quote:
If this were an IP that was actually worth money in Hollywood, someone likely would've taken Harmony Gold to court and had their trademarks and other specious claims to the Macross franchise rendered wholly invalid by now.

If that live-action Robotech movie actually gets off the ground, I can't imagine something like that not happening. Unless they deliberately avoid touching the Macross universe.

Quote:
If they were in as good a position as they claim to be, they would've already licensed Macross Frontier, beaten it up to become a new Robotech chapter, and released it on disc. They certainly would have been allowing more merchandise to be released.

The thing is Macross Frontier is for otaku who only want "Macross" to be an incidental part of the story. So, even if there were no problems bringing it over, the fan demand would probably be lower than expected.

Quote:
There are pricing and ownership issues with the music rights. Basically, Macross 7 uses music from Macross Plus and the red-headed stepchild known as Macross II.

That's not the reason. The Fire Bombers are popular, so their record company is extorting potential licensors for music fees. See also: Johnnys and Kodocha. Or, if you want an American equivalent, WKRP.

Bamble:
Quote:
Some people are merely pointing out that if it were opened up (with appropriate legal measures having been put into place)

And how do you expect them to do that, outside of buying out those contracts?

Quote:
I think that still leaves the vast majority of the rest of the world, perhaps explaining the fewer complaints here?

I think Australia's out, too. But I'm not 100% certain.

Greed:
Quote:
I don't think threatening to leave entirely is that much of a threat for most people.

It is, if they already bought 3/4 of a show. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
And even if it does work, it would only work on people that care about that particular show.

Well, again, that's the biz in general.

Quote:
Given that Anime Sols looks at shows that basically everyone else has already passed on, that seems like a sign that the prospect of never getting an official release won't be much of a spark.

Again, the more recent stuff like Mew Mew and Sugar Sugar Rune would also take a hit.

Quote:
Some might not jump in because of the added cost of KS, but if being on there means enough other people do go in, who cares?

Except that enough people won't go in, because of its age. BGC is an exception, because it's been around here for so long. It has that history, and is synonymous with the rise of the late 80s/early 90s domestic anime fandom.

Quote:
No, businesses run on offering something that someone wants

Tell that to cable companies who keep ignoring cord-cutters and refusing to sell their programs a la carte.

Quote:
It's pretty rare for someone to say, "I'll go out of my way to tell others about this thing that I don't care about myself on the off chance that maybe one of them cares about it."

It's not so rare, when it's your job.

Quote:
And it's not ephemeral at all to think that being on a well-known site would make a difference.

A well-known site is only going to be as successful as the demand for the product in the first place.

Quote:
People want something they feel like they can trust to some degree.

So you trust a site where your personal info gets hacked?

Quote:
If what you're saying is that it's relevant because the person actually conducting the project, in this case Anime Sols, could lie/renege, then it still isn't relevant because that is a possibility of any crowdfunding.

Exactly, but I wasn't saying it about Sols. My point is that you trust Kickstarter way too much, just because of its name.

Quote:
and based on what you've pointed out repeatedly, reneging by people who said they'd give money was already a big problem on Anime Sol's own website,

Yes, that's why I'm hoping they'll clean house.

Quote:
so they aren't taking much of a risk there by using KS.

They're taking a risk of having to create a higher artificial demand for their shows than is likely to be feasible. And that's why the anime market crashed in the first place.

Quote:
Again, if you make your goal, who cares whether or not it was due to repeat donors or not? Santa Company might have barely made its goal, but it still made it regardless of why people gave it money.

It's called diminishing returns. You can't always expect fans to fund these anime on Kickstarter.

Quote:
Running a business always carries the risk of losing money, and you won't make any money if you refuse to go forward every time things didn't quite turn out as you hoped.

Yes, but you don't go forward by throwing away more money.

Flamingfirewire:

Quote:
The main goal for the Santa company was $50,000 - the final amount they raised was $72,270 USD with 836 backers. That is in to way "barely" making your funding.

Considering how long it took the minimum goal, I still consider it to be "barely" successful.

Quote:
It might affect the fans wanting to collect the show, but piracy usually doesn't affect the decision to buy or not.

Again, then explain Sailor Moon.

Quote:
From the lack of sales for those series and many others (includ. Case Closed), that just makes it obvious that there are not ENOUGH fans

Enough paying fans, you mean. Most of them were willing to overhype it and torrent it, though.

Quote:
Most large game publishers and better known game devs consistently blame piracy for why something they make doesn't sell well,

If they mean the type of piracy which forces programmers to work long hours to make shitty games, while screwing them out of overtime, then I'll agree.

Quote:
PC gaming is generally far cheaper and more available than anime -

Not true. Especially when you have to upgrade your comp with the right software to help it better run those memory hogs.

Quote:
What are some recent ones you had in mind?

Just about every thing based off a dating sim or erogame.

Fronzel: Finally a valid point. I'll bring that up next time.

Anyway, less than $3,000 to go for Mami.
treatment

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote
re: Macross Plus BD stuff

Thought I posted these here and elsewhere last year, but here you go again...

Macross Plus Blu-Ray vs US-DVD english-subs

Macross Plus Blu-Ray vs DVD video comparo

Very Happy
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Fronzel: Finally a valid point. I'll bring that up next time.

Well, what's the point when there's such a powerful secret conspiracy arrayed against Anime Sols?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure this final Mami set will just make it, but what happens next? Onii-sama e... is also on its final set, and I doubt any of the future Pierrot 80s mahou shoujos will get funded, Mami was the major title anyone really cared for of those. It's no one's duty to spam "GIBE ANIMESOLS MONI PLOS" around the net if they're not hot on any of the shows being offered. Hell, even if they were, it's still not an obligation.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
walw: Oh, they got other titles. They just have to listen to my suggestions. Plus, Mami isn't the only Takada-illustrated mahou-shoujo show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9