• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ghost Hunt (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jigoku_hime

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:47 am Reply with quote
I am really fascinated with anime that deals with the supernatural. Ghost Hunt is an exceptional and extraordinary series that really kept me fascinated. The episodes about the labyrinth was my favorite since it was really spooky and amazing at the same time. I was a little disappointed with the ending since I'm expecting more from the plot and character development. Nevertheless, this is a great series for people who love the thrill of the supernatural Very Happy
Thewalkindude368

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quote
This is one of the better series out there. The opening is the worst opening I have ever seen though. Mai is now one of my favorite girls. She's so cute Embarassed
d.yaro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Funimation Ghost Hunt web page says "Ghost Hunt is set to release on DVD in Fall 2008". Fall 2008?! Oh my gosh. Talk about a long wait. Given that it's pretty well winter now I guess I'm going to have to assume that the date is not a typo.
Yupa

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I watched it a few weeks ago, pretty fun. Not really scary though, except for episodes 18-21. That's also the arc where the scene you mentioned comes from. To answer your question: spoiler[she doesn't die. She can see what happened to the spirits in her dreams and what caused their death, that's what happens in that scene.]
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote
Masakaki wrote:
Sorry for bumping this old thread (yet I don't really feel bad about it, only 4 pages of discussion about this awesome anime while Another has... 34?!),

I feel the same way- only 4 pages, but fair enough, the series was made a few good years ago. I found it excellent as well, the Blood Soaked Labirinth (?) was definitely the creepiest of the stories. I sort of wished for more arcs like that, although all in all, I did not mind the light-hearted feeling the series had to it.

Did they explain whether Naru was spoiler[aware of the 'dream link' he had with Mei? I mean, whether he was doing it subconsciously or was he appearing in her dreams to guide her?]
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:15 am Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
Did they explain whether Naru was spoiler[aware of the 'dream link' he had with Mei? I mean, whether he was doing it subconsciously or was he appearing in her dreams to guide her?]

General answer to your spoiler question. In the anime, no. In the manga and the source novels, yes. However, the manga's explanation only comes in the last volume that has never been officially released in English at this point.

Spoiler answer to your question. spoiler[Mai's dream link isn't with Naru at all. It's with his dead identical twin brother, Gene. Mai and Naru are both unaware that Gene appears in Mai's dreams. Mai thinks Gene is Naru, and Naru is unaware that any person appears in her dreams. When Mai accidentally mentions to Naru that he has been appearing in her dreams, Naru says that he doesn't have that ability. Then he realizes that it must be Gene who's appearing because while alive Gene was a powerful medium and could communicate with the dead.]
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
LKK wrote:

Spoiler answer to your question. spoiler[Mai's dream link isn't with Naru at all. It's with his dead identical twin brother, Gene. Mai and Naru are both unaware that Gene appears in Mai's dreams. Mai thinks Gene is Naru, and Naru is unaware that any person appears in her dreams. When Mai accidentally mentions to Naru that he has been appearing in her dreams, Naru says that he doesn't have that ability. Then he realizes that it must be Gene who's appearing because while alive Gene was a powerful medium and could communicate with the dead.]

Thanks for the info!
I sort of thought it was strange they never touched upon the topic in the anime. That explains why spoiler[the dream 'Naru' was so different and warmer than the real one... since they were not the same person at all to start with.]
Was there much of the manga/novels not covered in the anime?
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
Was there much of the manga/novels not covered in the anime?

At the time of the anime, the novel series was finished but the manga adaptation was not. The anime covered all of the manga that existed then but not all of the novel series. (The anime was based more on the manga series than the novel series.) After the anime finished, the manga had 3 additional volumes published which covered the final story arc in the novel series. In other words, the anime didn't include the final story arc in the series.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015)

Spoilers Reminder for Marathon Discussion: Tag all spoilers within your post(s) and record the episode number(s) you're discussing at the top of your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4