• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chobits Special Edition (Yet Again)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:01 pm Reply with quote
yea, well I walk into borders todays, october 12, not expecting to find the box set but I found three. I already preordered on amazon but I had that uneasy feeling I wouldn't get it so I bought it. I live in Orlando Florida not like a lone town in the woods that happens to have Borders so I was surprised.The figures real nice and small. I personally like small seeing I'm a gashapon freak so it will be a nice addition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I also ordered from Amazon and feel that I won't be receiving mine either, at least anytime soon. I will have to check out my Borders tomorrow.
Amused Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:59 am Reply with quote
Vigilante024 wrote:
Amused Observer wrote:

I managed to pick up a copy from Borders. The copy that was set aside for me was (mysteriously) sold to someone else.

yeah, the one that was supposed to be on reserve for me at Waldenbooks was sold as well...actually, they didn't even look at the reserve list before they started selling them...so technically they never put mine aside in the first place...I'm going in tomorrow to complain...I already told them to order me another one...if I don't get it, I'm gonna be so mad at them...after this, i'm pretty much never shopping at Waldenbooks again...

The way my Borders does the reservation is this: There's a bookshelf behind the register for all the reservations. Each item has a slip attached, which includes the name of the person who reserved the item. So someone pretended to be me, and took mine. That was low. Shocked
Amused Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:00 am Reply with quote
Hellomojo wrote:
yea, well I walk into borders todays, october 12, not expecting to find the box set but I found three. I already preordered on amazon but I had that uneasy feeling I wouldn't get it so I bought it. I live in Orlando Florida not like a lone town in the woods that happens to have Borders so I was surprised.The figures real nice and small. I personally like small seeing I'm a gashapon freak so it will be a nice addition.

Glad to see that you got yours. Cheers!!! Laughing
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:28 am Reply with quote
My Borders didn't have it. Guess I will have to rely on Amazon from here on out. *waits impatiently*
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:33 am Reply with quote
My Borders is out as well, so I'm waiting (and hoping) that Amazon will get mine to me. But considering they sent the rest of the stuff that I order with the pre-order I have a feeling that it might be awile (if ever).
space clam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I have to make a 3-hour tour(haha! get it?!) up to D.C. for a close store. Time to fire up the ol' F-350.(*asks moths in wallet if they can loan me some money)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:24 pm Reply with quote
space clam wrote:
Yeah, I have to make a 3-hour tour(haha! get it?!) up to D.C. for a close store. Time to fire up the ol' F-350.(*asks moths in wallet if they can loan me some money)

I'd definitely call first before I'd go three hours for anything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
space clam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Fear not, 'mojo! They did in fact have it. Just ask my moths....

--I flush the toilets of weakness with mushroom clouds in hand...--V-Shaped Mind
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone else that pre-ordered on Amazon.com heard anything yet?
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:08 pm Reply with quote
well, I ordered With hunter Robin and Chobits vol.8 and I just recieved an e-mail that they only shipped witch hunter robin and not chobits at no additional cost. I'm almost certain I'm not getting the box set trough amazon. Oh well, I got one already Smile
DiscoBuba

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Just went to my local Waldenbooks today where I had pre-ordered/reserved a copy and noticed they had 3 on display! I don't think Chobits in general sells as well as most of the other manga though, I know one of the workers there likes it.

Talked to the manager for a bit because I noticed they have wall scrolls too Shocked one with Chii too Very Happy She said sales are booming for manga and they got the wall scrolls last week.
Ryuko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I saw those, too. They had a really nice X one...
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I gave up on Amazon - cancelled my order today. Took DiscoBuba's advice and lo and behold, Waldenbooks had just gotten 3 more in. I heart Waldenbooks today. Smile The cashier said he was really surprised that they were selling as well as they were.
Luff-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:29 pm Reply with quote
omg, waldens and borders are terrible! doing those things by giving away your books you preordered! i dont trust em Mad but theres a new borders...do you think they will have it? it doesnt open up....the site and the store says "COMING SOON!" ...how soon? need chobits now Anime catgrin + sweatdrop should i preorder on the borders amazon, or do what you all did...and did the smart thing? thers anther borders but its too far for me to drive alone, and my moms lazy Anime cry
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5