• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Cassandra Hodges Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtisdhansen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
...as has already been said, this really hits home for someone only two-and-a-half years younger. She must have been feeling terrible inside. I don't generally watch dubs so I'm not familiar with her work, but it sounds like she was a wonderful talent, and the industry is worse off for losing her. R.I.P. Cassandra.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Sad my condolences to her family and friends.
E-Master

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quote
I give my condolences to all of the FUNimation staff and voice actors who knew her well. Anyone who did voice work for Fullmetal Alchemist and xxxHolic will be missed.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Sad my condolences to her family and friends.

same here
tweedledeedum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote
A memorial fund has been established for Cassi to help her family with her funeral costs. As I understand, there is a tight deadline in order to raise $2,500 and the amount raised is currently $1,200. If any of you were fans of her work or are interested in donating, please visit http://www.midwestguests.com/cassi
or her facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cassandra-Hodges/141660892577922
mischeivious_lil_kitsune

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Very sad indeed. I offer my condolences.
PrincessAnime35

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Very,very sad indeed Sad . I never knew who she was until now,which is such a shame when you only find out how talented someone was after they pass away. My thoughts and prayers to her family,friends and the Funimation crew,who must miss her dearly. She is another who died way too young.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quote
tweedledeedum wrote:
A memorial fund has been established for Cassi to help her family with her funeral costs. As I understand, there is a tight deadline in order to raise $2,500 and the amount raised is currently $1,200. If any of you were fans of her work or are interested in donating, please visit http://www.midwestguests.com/cassi
or her facebook fan page
What? No insurance either? So sad. Crying or Very sad
wyntre_rose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Pahyum wrote:
It seems most of you just know or know of Cassi from her voice acting work.

I don't. I'm one of her personal friends. We grew up together.

It is very sad what happened. Cassi was a fantastic, wonderful person. There is a saying about how when someone is gone the world gets a bit darker. That phrase never made sense till now.

If she only knew how painful this would be for us who are left, she wouldn't have done it. But she didn't know.

That's why I wanted to say something. I want people to understand that pain. If she knew, she'd still be here.

She is a person truly worth missing and truly worth loving.

This may not mean much coming from someone just posting on an internet forum but...*hug* I'm so sorry for your loss, hon. My prayers and thoughts are with you and all those she left behind.
ljaesch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quote
One of my best friends killed herself back when we were in high school, so I know what you're going through. Early on, the loss is extremely tough. While the pain will lessen over time, it never truly does go away. It's been 20 years since my friend killed herself, and occasionally the pain comes back (especially around the anniversary).

I offer my condolences to Ms. Hodges' family, friends, co-workers, and fans during this time. I know the pain is tough right now, but please try to stay strong.

Pahyum wrote:
It seems most of you just know or know of Cassi from her voice acting work.

I don't. I'm one of her personal friends. We grew up together.

It is very sad what happened. Cassi was a fantastic, wonderful person. There is a saying about how when someone is gone the world gets a bit darker. That phrase never made sense till now.

If she only knew how painful this would be for us who are left, she wouldn't have done it. But she didn't know.

That's why I wanted to say something. I want people to understand that pain. If she knew, she'd still be here.

She is a person truly worth missing and truly worth loving.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I think I know who killed her:

Seriously, when's he going to stop? Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Brittany Murphy, and now this? When will it end?
Drunk_Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
tweedledeedum wrote:
or her facebook fan page

I hope you don't mean life insurance.

I've never even heard of her but its sad she killed herself.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote
celestialwolven wrote:
I was a friend of hers on Facebook. And we met four or five times at various conventions. She was such a warm, loving, and carefree person. She was apparently going through something very difficult and couldn't handle it. She took her own life. Let this be a reminder for everyone that we need to always cherish those we care about, and always be aware of their feelings and offer a shoulder to cry on if they need it. You never know who could be hurting inside. Especially when they hide it behind a facade of smiles.

This makes me want to cry.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quote
Drunk_Samurai wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
tweedledeedum wrote:
or her facebook fan page

I hope you don't mean life insurance.

I've never even heard of her but its sad she killed herself.
Oops, forgot about that clause.
celestialwolven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:

If she knew where to turn to: Jesus Christ she would have been saved and wouldn't have wanted to take her own life and would have wanted to live on.

That's a very blanket and rude statement to make, don't you think? No one has to believe in something just because you do. How do you know she wasn't a Christian? One that had invited Jesus into her life? You don't. I personally don't know, because she never made that known to most people, but even if she was, that doesn't mean this wouldn't have happened anyway.

Just a heads up: Christians die just as often as non-Christians, and for the same reasons. Just because you're a Christian doesn't mean you're immune to death and personal suffering. We're all human beings. We're all susceptible to the same things. We all have the same mortality.

Please don't be plugging your God when so many people are in pain because of this event. Throwing in pointless "if only she'd done this" or "if only she'd done that" doesn't help one bit. Especially where religion is concerned. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5