• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chivalry of a Failed Knight (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:18 am Reply with quote
Figures that they would not instantly be lovey dovey, it was too soon for that. So now they have been through the how they don't want to be perceived thing, they can move forward. Just as Alice was comforting the sister that Stella would not make a move, she gets the advice to do so.

And I am pretty sure a guy can dislike a girl coming at them very aggresively.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:35 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Never. Maybe if the girl is not your type.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:52 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

Never. Maybe if the girl is not your type.

Or it absolutly terrifies you.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
speaking of shimoneta, for a very brief moment, when Shizuku asked if the drink tasted like her, I thought she had done something far worse than what she really did
konxeptionz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
speaking of shimoneta, for a very brief moment, when Shizuku asked if the drink tasted like her, I thought she had done something far worse than what she really did

I thought the same thing.
konxeptionz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6. Stella is adorable. Love her.

Kuraudo obviously knows something is up with Ikki. He probably sensed how powerful of a swordsman he was when he didn't outright attack him for smashing his dome with a glass bottle.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Well now leg rubbing scene was lewd...especially involving Ayase. Wasn't expecting it like that.

Ah, I think Stella's rage was understandable at that restaurant when one of the guys tried to bait Ayato. Ayase shows signs of...not what she appears to be though so we'll have to learn more about her character.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:10 am Reply with quote
Even if Ikki was mostly okay with it, obviously Stella wouldn't in seeing her boyfriend treated like that. Ikki is under some really weird rules where he is expected to do nothing as he is beaten up on.

I liked the Ayase girl, she kind of reminds me a character from a visual novel I have played. Although she is voiced by Yu Kobayashi who usually voices more brash characters which use her voice best.
konxeptionz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:49 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Looks like Ikki is taking more on his plate after his battle with Ayatsuji. I'm inclined to think he'll beat the Sword Eater using her father's swordsman style somehow, to kind of add insult to injury in that one.

Great episode. I thought Ayatsuji's sword ability was rather cool.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Well that was actually better than I had thought, at least in terms of action. No fan service this week but we got an emotional battle between Ikki and Ayase. The whole thing about her Father and fighting tactics felt generic but I think the episode had decent choreography and captured the thrill of the fight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I like that this show is really straightforward. It focuses on one thing at a time. Sure it's simple, but it works for me. There's sufficient build-up, villains are hateable and intimidating and the fights are great.

So it looks like Ikki will be fighting the Sword Eater dude. I'm really looking forward to that fight.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

So we got Ikki vs Kuraudo this episode. And I have to admit, the fight scenes were longer than I had expected. Plenty of action for their confrontation.

I think Kuraudo is the one that is surprised this episode after Ikki unleashed his powers. Never underestimate.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I burst out laughing when Ayase's dad yelled when he did the ultimate attack move. First that Atsushi Ono's serious deep voice and then suddenly that high pitched "HYYYYAAAAAHHHH!!!". Hilarious. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Heh, so they did go with "that scene" after all. Lewd...

I bet Ikki's mind was going completely blink there.
Touka was badass though. In anime, you can never trust characters with glowing glasses.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
They avoided a couple of pitfalls there. I was almost expecting one of them to pass out from embarrassment. Ikki reacted just like a boy of his age, usually they just blush or get a nosebleed. And Stella was being serious, though the fever may have had some effect on her. Stella suggesting sex didn't lead to comedy or fanservice (though how they got to that point was pure fanservice), it was a serious scene, she was seriously trying to further their relationship and act on her feelings. Good stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7