• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Smarties with Blue Hair

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
I'm surely not the only one thinking "only Smarties have the answer" right? Right?

Tamaria wrote:
But aren't the colours to be used for characters generally set in stone?

Colours depend on lighting, so there's not one single colour. E.g.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I'm surely not the only one thinking "only Smarties have the answer" right? Right?

Tamaria wrote:
But aren't the colours to be used for characters generally set in stone?

Colours depend on lighting, so there's not one single colour. E.g.

Colours Wink Nowhere was a suggesting there's just one hair colour for every character and I did mention before turqoise would look different depending on the lighting.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:
Hoshino Ruri deserves a mention.

no kidding. how is she not on this list is beyond me.

hell i'm more surprised that ami is 6th and not even in the top three. also tabitha from zero no tsukaima is definitely not smart compared to the other 6. and technically bulma is not blue haired.

definitely no doubt. this list=EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
So... How did BloodRayne appeared in the poll? As far as I remember, the only adaptation was hilariously bad live-action.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:27 am Reply with quote
While I agree with Lynzee that Amy Mizuno of "Sailor Moon" is a very smart girl,I have a hard time thinking that she's going to be anime's answer to Nancy Drew. (And yes,I'm still using the names from the DIC/Cloverway dub.) To me,she's more like Twilight Sparkle from "My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic." She likes to study a lot but,she also has got some good looks with her brains.
But,I've got a question. Why did they give Amy and Darien glasses? I never saw either of them wearing glasses in both the manga and the original anime. So what on earth possessed the producers of the current show to give them glasses? Forgive me for being a stick-in-the-mud but why did they think it was necessary? It just feels a little bit silly to me.
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:06 am Reply with quote
How about an article about things that break the norm, like guys and girls with glasses who aren't nerds or eggheads, or girls with long nails who aren't antagonistic?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
roseversailles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:32 am Reply with quote
Huh, surprised Ami is so low on the list. She was the first that came to mind, although I have to admit Ciel and Edmond Dantes from Gankutsuou also did as well, considering they are devious, revenge-seeking chessmaster characters with blue hair.

As for the poll, what kind of world do I live in where Misato comes third? Shakes head I love Asuka and Rei as characters (in fact, my heart breaks for both whenever I watch Eva), but Misato is clearly best girl. Voiced by Kotono Mitsuishi, can outdrink anyone, is a fantastic driver, and very self-aware and proactive despite some terrible hang-ups. Also, she has a pet penguin. What more can you want? She's right up there with Kaworu as my favorite Evangelion characters!

And in regards to Ruri, she totally would have topped this list had she unambiguously blue hair. I'm reasoning that one violet-tinged pic is the only thing keeping her from her rightful victory Laughing
Vinsanity VC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:00 am Reply with quote
They should have done a top ten instead of just 6...They left out some characters like Levy...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4