• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 20-Year-Old Cosplayer Announces Marriage to 51-Year-Old Oh My Goddess! Author Kousuke Fuji

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyoshinhei
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote
So... Am I the only one thinking of Daimaru and Sena Nakajima? Which in turn makes me wonder, does Otogi drive a Super Seven? ^^
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Damn I hope that I can still score a hot wife like that by the time I'm 50+ if I'm not already happily married of course anyway I wish both of them the best of luck. Smile
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if having a child will effect his work at all for his age, or if she's going to be doing most of the care-taking. Which. . . makes me think of the many female manga-ka that also put so much into raising their child so there is no reason for him to put aside parenting for the sake of work and "gender roles." But ya know, I don't know. I'm morbidly curious though.

There isn't anything wrong with an age gap, even significant ones, as long as a relationship was started when both parties were mature and such. However, there is something to be said about some mentalities some people exhibit, and how it makes their relationship look.
meruru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
This does creep me out because if she's 20 now, how old was she when they met and started dating? Tweets from April 2014 says she was at most 18. Yeaaaah....
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Otaku everywhere are now looking at those Ojisan x hot young babe stories and thinking, "If it can happen to Fujishima-sensei, it can happen to me!" Laughing
mierin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:13 am Reply with quote
Has Fujishima been married before? Or is this his first marriage?

But wow. That is a 30 year old age difference. When I was her age, all I could think of was trying to finish my assignments on time. I wonder what her family thinks of this. Not only is their young daughter pregnant, the guy is probably the same age as her parents.

Parents will always wish the best for the child. But whether this is the best choice for Otogi, only time will tell. Wishing them all the best in their marriage and raising the child.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
I don't know about this but the words that come to my mind are publicity stunt. I think she "announced" this so she could get some attention for herself. If I were this guy,I'd be finding a place that is very much out of the way and wait for the whole thing to blow over. This just seems so ridiculous to me. But,hey. Look who's talking. I've said some pretty ridiculous things in my life,so that's just one guy's point of view.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I don't know about this but the words that come to my mind are publicity stunt. I think she "announced" this so she could get some attention for herself. If I were this guy,I'd be finding a place that is very much out of the way and wait for the whole thing to blow over. This just seems so ridiculous to me. But,hey. Look who's talking. I've said some pretty ridiculous things in my life,so that's just one guy's point of view.

Are you kidding? She's a cosplayer and he's a famous mangaka. There's no reason for either to hide, but if one was to hide, it would be her. It's not uncommon in Japan to have a wife much younger than you although it is much less common for a woman to be much older than her husband.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:10 am Reply with quote
Sadly, that's a better ending than the one we got in the actual Oh My Goddess manga. Rolling Eyes
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:15 am Reply with quote
Kyoshinhei wrote:
So... Am I the only one thinking of Daimaru and Sena Nakajima?

You are not alone. And according to a trusted source, Fujishima does have a son daughter older than her.

UPDATE: Eh, not a son, but a daughter.

Last edited by dormcat on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
Oh my Goddess! I wish them the best in the future. Charlie Harper would be proud.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
it's hard not to ask questions when there's such a huge age gap

is it true love ? or just another gold digger case ?
Wooga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:21 am Reply with quote
Kyoshinhei wrote:
So... Am I the only one thinking of Daimaru and Sena Nakajima? Which in turn makes me wonder, does Otogi drive a Super Seven? ^^

I was waiting for this comment. Yes this is just like the youre under arrest episode. Maybe the guy is psychic haha
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:10 am Reply with quote
I'm getting a little disturbed at all the people suspecting her as a gold digger who don't also point out that he (should be) much more mature than her...Double standards, much? They could have equally bad intentions towards taking advantage of one another! (Him as an older man taking emotional advantage of a woman barely out of her teens, she as a younger woman taking financial advantage of a man nearing retirement age...)
Or maybe, just maybe, their really in love! Who knows but them?
HeeroTX wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
You know what would be news? A 50÷ FEMALE manga-ka marrying a hot 20-something guy. Who can we set Rumiko Takahashi up with? Laughing

What's sad, is you could chop that down to "You know what would be news? A 50+ FEMALE marrying" and you PROBABLY wouldn't be TOO far off.

*Sigh*, yeah. But my point is that an older man marrying a younger woman is generally standard worldwide. It gets the most attention when the man is rich and famous and the age gap is greater than average, but who blinks an eye when we hear about yet another male celebrity marrying a woman much younger than himself? But when Demi Moore married Ashton Kutcher (16 year age gap), that was news! (And hey, they managed to stay married for 8 years! That's like two decades in "Hollywood Relationship Time," right? Laughing)
Here's an interesting wiki about age gaps in heterosexual relationships: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_disparity_in_sexual_relationships
Dracospirit121

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:15 am Reply with quote
Ok that's a huge age gap.

I mean at 30 I feel guilty about hitting on a 20 year old, so I guess she must of been really into him. Each to there own I guess, but having a kid at 51 is going to be pretty dam tiring, through I suspect being rich probably help mitigates those kinds of troubles.

I bet he's surprised he managed to get such a hot wife at his age too, is he previously divorced or just never find the one till now?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6