• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Second Haruhi Season to be Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Calculusman wrote:
mythus wrote:
Calculusman wrote:
mythus wrote:
7/7/07 777 >< haruhi ftw win win win. please make it a 26 ep series. i can't go so long without haruhi. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Only 26? lol

26 season at least, im not begging for much. just don't 14ep it. i would like there to be no end to this sensation. i demand more nyoron!

lol "Haruhi: Season 5. This season Haruhi and Kyon get married, and Haruhi give birth to Mikuru!" lmao

Or have these kids!

redemption2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
On a side note, does anyone know how 4chan is handling this news right now? I'd look myself, but I'm on my work computer, and you know how 4chan and work don't mix.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KaneDragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Basically what you'd expect. Lots of saging, slowpoke.jpg, and slut-memes. A random Haruhi pic on the front page most of the time, but activity's quieted down.

Last edited by KaneDragon on Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
redemption2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I think I'd more imagine Kyon being the one behind the spatula. And what, Haruhi can only give birth to girls?

darkchibi07 wrote:
Calculusman wrote:
mythus wrote:
Calculusman wrote:
mythus wrote:
7/7/07 777 >< haruhi ftw win win win. please make it a 26 ep series. i can't go so long without haruhi. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Only 26? lol

26 season at least, im not begging for much. just don't 14ep it. i would like there to be no end to this sensation. i demand more nyoron!

lol "Haruhi: Season 5. This season Haruhi and Kyon get married, and Haruhi give birth to Mikuru!" lmao

Or have these kids!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
redemption2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
KaneDragon wrote:
Basically what you'd expect. Lots of saging, slowpoke.jpg, and slut-memes.

Yep, that's 4chan for ya. Now all we need is some "Is this sum dancing animu?" and "Jesus Yamato does not agree." and we'll be all set.
Descent123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I can never understand why this series is famous.

I watch some of it before and I thought it was meh.

Then again I'm old-school from the era of Space Adventure Cobra.
KaneDragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote
A shame, really. Go back to suki's Haruhi board if you want civil discussion.

Of course, once the episodes actually start airing... there's always hope.
Descent123

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:07 pm Reply with quote
KaneDragon wrote:

I prefer not to.

It's more of taste really.
redemption2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Hope of what? That there will be 4 million Haruhi threads and they'll worship Haruhi as God once again? I think 4chan has learned their lesson from last time. It'll be just putdown city, just like how they're bashing Nanoha StrikerS right now.

KaneDragon wrote:

Yuukichan's Papa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
To those wanting, a 26 episode season, I can't imagine how hard it would be to follow the story if they air the episodes out of order again. 14 seemed just about right, as they were able to hint at details enough so you wouldn't feel too lost when they finally get around to airing an episode that shows the origin of said details.

But just imagine how hard it would be to follow if they skipped from say episode 7 to episode 23 then back to 16, especially for those in Japan trying to watch it on a weekly basis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Master_M2K

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Yuukichan's Papa wrote:
To those wanting, a 26 episode season, I can't imagine how hard it would be to follow the story if they air the episodes out of order again. 14 seemed just about right, as they were able to hint at details enough so you wouldn't feel too lost when they finally get around to airing an episode that shows the origin of said details.

But just imagine how hard it would be to follow if they skipped from say episode 7 to episode 23 then back to 16, especially for those in Japan trying to watch it on a weekly basis.

You do bring up a good point and I also believe that they will do another 14 eps. season but I don't think they would do the out of order thing again. Just a feeling I have. Anime smile
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quote
A poster above mentioned that Moonphase said it would be 2 cours (kur) long, which means two brodcast seasons. If that turns out to be true, we could get anywhere from 24-28 episodes.

Plus, the reason the Japanese DVDs (and therefore, the North American DVDs) were put in chronological order was because fans complained about it. If KyoAni are the otaku-pandering company that I think they are (don't get me wrong, they still do a great job), they'll just put it in chronological order to begin with, though that'd suck.

I really got to wonder what they've got up their sleeves to trump Hare Hare Yukai though...
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I suppose this was inevitable sooner or later, and it turned out to be sooner instead of later. Looking forward to it all the same, though I was also looking forward to another KEY-game-based moe-fest tearjerker in Clannad.
redemption2 wrote:
It'll be another 13-14 episode series. They go by convention. If a first season is such a length, they'll keep it to that same length. Look at all the other sequel shows out there. Nanoha, A's, and Strikers. Rozen Maiden and Traumend, Emma and Emma Season 2, even Gundam Seed and Destiny. They all had mirroring lengths.
What about Aria (13) and Aria the Natural (26)? Ai yori aoshi (24) and Ai yori aoshi ~Enishi~ (12)? Full Metal Panic! (24) and Fumoffu / TSR (12/13) ? Sister Princess (26) and Sister Princess ~Repure~ (13)? Shuffle! (24) and Shuffle Memories (12)? Yeah, a lot of sequels do mirror the episode counts of their precedent series (which are not the same as "prequels" as AniDB asserts), but for every one that does, there's another one that doesn't.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
More Haruhi means more special boxes if Bandai Entertainment still has the rights to distribute the series, not that it is a bad thing as along they release it here. Other then that, what crazy episodes can they develop from this?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Yuukichan's Papa wrote:
To those wanting, a 26 episode season, I can't imagine how hard it would be to follow the story if they air the episodes out of order again.

That gimick has been done, I doubt they will repeat it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7