• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - The Dog of Flanders

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quote
How come I never found this article until now? How BLIND am I!?

I saw the English dubbed version of this back in April and...I basically cried like a baby. TWICE!!! This is officially my all-time favorite movie (And World Masterpiece Theater title, IF the TV series were around) EVER!!! This is a true gem to behold!! I've tried recommending this to like 10 people that I know, but only 3 have watched it. I really wish some company would re-license this wonderful and beautiful anime on bilingual DVD! I love it to death!!
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Well I suppose this thread was worth reviving. It's good to be reminded of some of my old favorites. Sure makes me glad I had gotten the chance to watch the subtitled version a couple of times. It was so moving and memorable that I'm not yearning for a chance to see it again, but I'd like to someday. I never got around to purchasing a copy for myself. I think I bought the DVD version for my niece, unfortunately I guess I never realized the dubbed version was not as enjoyable. But part of me wants to think I either bought her the VHS with the sub track or the DVD was a special limited release with a sub track. I don't remember.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:07 am Reply with quote
lol, these resurrected threads.

Reminds me that I also have to hunt this down. There is supposed to be a R3 Taiwanese? DVD release I think, which is unedited with English subs.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote
For those who didn't know, Japan made their own live-action version of Dog of Flanders called Snow Prince, only it takes place in Japan in the early Showa Period and the characters and events are Japanese too, and, from what I'm hearing, the ending is sad. This commercial proves it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDZOVUMSLzw
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:35 am Reply with quote
I had no idea this anime was licensed in the US. Anyway, I recently finished translating the movie, so interpret that as you will. ^___^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4