• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! and Shaman King Unedited Details

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:34 pm Reply with quote
space clam wrote:
Joe Mello wrote:

You all should know that 25.8Kids is the root of all evil.

The sound you have just heard is this joke going over all of your heads.

That's funny, I didn't hear anything... hearing must be going bad...

See, the square root of 666 is 25.8, and it's since it's 4Kids, it would be 25.8Kids, and...oh, nevermind.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:17 am Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Stormkoopa wrote:
He is Pegasus also, which is funny because I was able to tell Pegasus and James were the same voice and Seto and Brock were the same but I never would have guessed they were all the same guy.

Surprised Shocked He's also Maximillian(SP?) Pegasus?? That I did not know, the voice is so different, than the one he used on Slayers and Pokemon.

I always thought that Pegasus's voice was good. For those of you who are complaining that they're using the same voices, at least we're getting a new dub instead of subtitled-only dvds(Sailormoon, Card Captor Sakura).
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
Anime_Freak wrote:
Stormkoopa wrote:
He is Pegasus also, which is funny because I was able to tell Pegasus and James were the same voice and Seto and Brock were the same but I never would have guessed they were all the same guy.

Surprised Shocked He's also Maximillian(SP?) Pegasus?? That I did not know, the voice is so different, than the one he used on Slayers and Pokemon.

I always thought that Pegasus's voice was good. For those of you who are complaining that they're using the same voices, at least we're getting a new dub instead of subtitled-only dvds(Sailormoon, Card Captor Sakura).

Er, if you checked the next post down you'd've seen that Joe Mello already pointed out that Pegasus is a different VA, it's Darren Dunstan not Eric Stuart like the other three are.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:10 am Reply with quote
Well, Geneon did dub the second movie of CCS with new VAs, but then it was a tad 'too little too late' feeling. I mean, if I watched 70 episodes (and a movie) subtitled already, why would I not watch the last movie the same way? oO;

As for all this supposed violence & stuff, meh. All I'm expecting is to see some guards with some GUNS... since you know, pointing fingers just isn't as scary as it was. Wink That and a few 'damn's from Joey... just because it seems like he would. Either way, I'm getting it because I want it. If this news of the subtitled release hadn't came up when it did, I was considering the box set of the TV dub they're releasing/ed. I might as well get the original since it's here now, right?
space clam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

See, the square root of 666 is 25.8, and it's since it's 4Kids, it would be 25.8Kids, and...oh, nevermind.

Ah, well, you didn't specify *square* root... it might have been a cubic root, quartic root, and beyond... Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
MugenKeiji

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:30 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
Emerje wrote:
I disagree, his voice for Brock is perfect (even if it is the same voice) and his voice for James is flawless, it sounds absolutely nothing like his other voices and at the same time sounds natural and not stressed.

Emerje

Personally I liked the first dub voice of James which sounded closer to Yuji Ueda's preformance of the Japanese equlivant.

Yuji Ueda's character was Takeshi (Brock)

I think you must mean Shinichiro Miki...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Shaman King was on the UK Fox Kid during the summer but for some reason they pulled it for the new season in Sept. Shame that as we were enjoying it. They pulled it where the gang were looking for the "Odobi match ground" in the Southwestern US. Hopefully these DVD's will come to the UK before my children become adults. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4