• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ms. Answerman: Murphy's Laws

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Akisora wrote:

blah blah blah

You aren't the only person here who's jumping in trashing Rebecca's column, but your post was indicative of the others and the general crappy bashing attitude in here.

You can't say that because you don't know Rebecca and you come in here and attack her writing that means you aren't attacking her, but when I come in here and tell you you're wrong and your posts are terrible you get on me for being "mean" and attacking you personally. You're trying to enforce a double standard that makes no sense, whether you realize it or not. If you're going to dish it out, take it. It's okay for you to attack Rebecca's writing, but when I tell you you're wrong, suddenly I'm a big meanie who's being oh so rude? Right, whatever.

It's a waste of my time to argue anyway - it's like yelling at a brick wall. If I say you're wrong, you act all hurt like I'm a big meanie; any column you disagree with is being written poorly and the author can only have an opinion so long as it's the same as yours otherwise you all pig pile on the forums and scream blue bloody murder.

So forget it.
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Well since anyone who takes sides after this will get hated on, maybe both should just drop it...I'm sure there is a rule that covers this situation, but I guess this rule might fit the situation:
Quote:
4) Swearing is frowned upon. If you disagree with a poster, disagree respectfully, or do not disagree at all. Also, do not use "gay" to mean "stupid".

and perhaps this one:
Quote:
4a) Swearing, insults, racial slurs, unrully behaviour and the like are not permitted. This means no flaming, and no personal attacks upon another forum user. If you wish to express disagreement with a person's opinion, or correct their facts, do so without calling them a *&^*?@%%%!!!!

and if I'm wrong on this...eh whatever
Akisora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Akisora wrote:

blah blah blah

You aren't the only person here who's jumping in trashing Rebecca's column, but your post was indicative of the others and the general crappy bashing attitude in here.

You can't say that because you don't know Rebecca and you come in here and attack her writing that means you aren't attacking her, but when I come in here and tell you you're wrong and your posts are terrible you get on me for being "mean" and attacking you personally. You're trying to enforce a double standard that makes no sense, whether you realize it or not. If you're going to dish it out, take it. It's okay for you to attack Rebecca's writing, but when I tell you you're wrong, suddenly I'm a big meanie who's being oh so rude? Right, whatever.

It's a waste of my time to argue with you kids anyway - it's like yelling at a brick wall. If I say you're wrong, you act all hurt like I'm a big meanie; any column you disagree with is being written poorly and the author can only have an opinion so long as it's the same as yours otherwise you all pig pile on the forums and scream blue bloody murder.

So forget it.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

I'm not acting "all hurt" because I really don't care what you think of me. I have NEVER said that a column I don't like is written poorly. I have never said that I never wanted to read Answerman again, because I do still read it.

Rebecca and anyone else is more than entitled to have thier own opinions. It's called FREE SPEECH. This is the FIRST time I've ever said anything negative about Rebecca's column.

I apologize to Rebecca, and Rebecca only. She writes/wrote the column, you don't.

And yes, you are being rude. And childish. And condescending. But you're going to see/do/feel/read/write whatever you want, jsut like anyone else.
Akisora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Pandemonium wrote:
Well since anyone who takes sides after this will get hated on, maybe both should just drop it...I'm sure there is a rule that covers this situation, but I guess this rule might fit the situation:
Quote:
4) Swearing is frowned upon. If you disagree with a poster, disagree respectfully, or do not disagree at all. Also, do not use "gay" to mean "stupid".

and perhaps this one:
Quote:
4a) Swearing, insults, racial slurs, unrully behaviour and the like are not permitted. This means no flaming, and no personal attacks upon another forum user. If you wish to express disagreement with a person's opinion, or correct their facts, do so without calling them a *&^*?@%%%!!!!

I don't feel as though I've violated any rule. But if I'm going to be "attacked" whenever I post a thought or opinion, then why bother being here.
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Akisora wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
Quote:

and perhaps this one:
Quote:

I don't feel as though I've violated any rule. But if I'm going to be "attacked" whenever I post a thought or opinion, then why bother being here.

I agree. It isn't worth being part of a forum if you are going to be attacked by another member. And I think the person that quoted the rules was aiming it more at Zac than you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pandemonium

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Akisora wrote:

I agree, but as you said, we have freedom of speech and the right to our own opinion, and it was more aimed at the other one for accusing you of 'attacking'...but I can't take sides, then I'll start getting yelled at by someone, and in return I'll go on the defensive, which is a lot like attacking...but not.
Akisora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Pandemonium wrote:
Akisora wrote:

I agree, but as you said, we have freedom of speech and the right to our own opinion, and it was more aimed at the other one for accusing you of 'attacking'...but I can't take sides, then I'll start getting yelled at by someone, and in return I'll go on the defensive, which is a lot like attacking...but not.

I appreciate teh gesture, regardless of whether or not you choose to take sides Smile
Akisora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Pandemonium wrote:
rainking187 wrote:
And that whole running discussion on how to pronounce Evangelion was real productive.

There was a dicussion on how to pronounce Evangelion? I know people have their own way of pronouncing many things and there is no real right or wrong in my own opinion...but you bringing it up makes it sound like that 'discussion' ended pretty badly or something.

Check out here: animenewsnetwork.com/columns/answerman.php?id=176
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:12 pm Reply with quote
rainking187 wrote:
CUT.

I'm gonna say this once. Once only.

Don't you EVER call anyone a b1tch on this forum. Ever. Do it, and I will make sure you get banned. And don't you DARE make personal attacks on this forum. You got that? If you have an argument to make, do it without descending into name calling and lunging at our writers with personal attacks.

Also, to earlier posters:
There is no "Freedom of Speech" on a forum. Apparently you don't even know what Freedom of Speech is. Freedom of Speech doesn't give you the right to say whatever the hell you want, whenever you want. All that it guarantees is the right to speak out against your government without getting tortured or killed. THAT'S IT.

This thread is now locked. Anyone who has a problem with that can PM me.

[Edit: Oh, nice. I just saw your last post. Forget this warning. You're banned. Have a problem with that? PM me.

Oh, and no. This isn't "oppression." This is an issue with respect. You do NOT call anyone a b1tch on these forums, and you do not rant about anyone's hard work and call it sh1tty. Not ever, and sure as HELL not on my watch. -b]
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4