• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
She's the one that let her guard down too much, but she's the one that ends up telling him to be more cautious Laughing

She actually reacted to his presence (albeit late) in spite of her earlier mistake, which was to rely on the spoiler[satellite data]. She hasn't caught up yet to Kirito's resourcefulness, although some would argue that she should have. At this point she knows him better than anyone in that virtual reality.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler["You guys..." *looking scary* "Cheer me on." *girly pose*] Laughing
Kirito, you are one funny guy. Hey, he has done things like give spoiler[Asuna a piggyback ride because she was cute], what's wrong with him spoiler[taking advantage of it]?

That Strider guy was spoiler[pretty freaky, but cool]. Do have to wonder, wasn't there indication that of live footage of the game, including in other games like how the OP shows? I am going to imagine that all their facial expressions will be for seeing spoiler[Kirito pinning Sinon down], Silica slightly confused, Leafa watching intently, Lisbeth annoyed, and Asuna praying.

Some good music in this episode too. Sinon angry really is not odd, but she does seem to have come around to seeing things, like spoiler[figuring out Kirito is a SAO survivor].
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
Its funny how Death Gun still uses the same laughing coffin tactics from SAO. Paralyze, then finish them off when they can't do anything.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
Its funny how Death Gun still uses the same laughing coffin tactics from SAO. Paralyze, then finish them off when they can't do anything.
well, they're an assassination guild. They worship murder, not necessarily strength.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:
well, they're an assassination guild. They worship murder, not necessarily strength.

I'm saying he put so much time and effort to do it the same way they did in sao. He could have just sniped like most sniper players do but he paralyzed the guy so he could get close and personal. He even took the time to find a extremely rare sniper rifle to keep it up.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
Bugnin wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:

I'm saying he put so much time and effort to do it the same way they did in sao. He could have just sniped like most sniper players do but he paralyzed the guy so he could get close and personal. He even took the time to find a extremely rare sniper rifle to keep it up.

Yeah, but we don't know how he's killing people yet. May have something to do with his sidearm.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:
Bugnin wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:

Yeah, but we don't know how he's killing people yet. May have something to do with his sidearm.

If he even is really killing anyone, or if he is that he is doing it through the game.

For all the effort to keep the old tactics he could easily just be a regular sniper. He would probably be the best sniper in game if he did.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
As far as I can remember, people can't view live footage of the game at will, they just get a single cut-down "highlight" version of the battle, similar to watching a football game where the studio controls the cameras. We're following Sinon and Kirito, but there are a dozen other pitched battles going on at any given time, and the cameras are likely focused on them for now.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
As far as I can remember, people can't view live footage of the game at will, they just get a single cut-down "highlight" version of the battle, similar to watching a football game where the studio controls the cameras. We're following Sinon and Kirito, but there are a dozen other pitched battles going on at any given time, and the cameras are likely focused on them for now.

this, unless they have many cameras/streams. even then viewers still don't have options to see everything that's happening.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Fake drama continues:

In the latest episode, lazy writing habit has made authors to invent "feature" in the game: list of battle participants only contains nicknames, but not avatars -- so viewers of this anime would be "engaged" in "mystery" about what name of the evil hero is, or how three unknown participants look.

Kirito continues to behave out of character (comparing to previous season) just for the sake of soap opera drama authors wanted to create.

This show could be much better is the writing would be more skilful, and the seams of writing would be less visible.

Otherwise, Zach's "guilty pleasure" continues to be the most accurate description of this project, pointing at both its deep flaws and fun it brings.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
Fake drama continues:

In the latest episode, lazy writing habit has made authors to invent "feature" in the game: list of battle participants only contains nicknames, but not avatars -- so viewers of this anime would be "engaged" in "mystery" about what name of the evil hero is, or how three unknown participants look.

Kirito continues to behave out of character (comparing to previous season) just for the sake of soap opera drama authors wanted to create.

This show could be much better is the writing would be more skilful, and the seams of writing would be less visible.

Otherwise, Zach's "guilty pleasure" continues to be the most accurate description of this project, pointing at both its deep flaws and fun it brings.

your writing doesn't make sense. And you are not watching the anime. They are all using their avatar names. Kirito asked who are the new players, first time players, who made it to the finals.
If you want to criticize people's writing, you need to atleast back up with something. You can't make stuffs up and stated you opinions.

Kirito is not scare of this Dead Gun guy. He is just feeling bad about not remembering the people that he killed. This is not a Guilty pleasure that you talked about.

No this show or LN can't be better without this author because he created the show. That's how other author can't create some that's similar and as popular as this show because the writing is different.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah...Kirito is not really acting out of character. This is akin to a victorious soldier coming home and having PTSD-induced panic attacks, and someone telling him "you're out of character!"

It's just plain silly.

This game isn't SAO and Kirito really isn't the same person he was back then. Both of these things should be fairly obvious by now.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:

To be fair, this isn't unusual in MMOs. If I look at my Gw2 friends list, for example, it lists character names, not avatars, so I wouldn't know them by sight unless I'd seen them before and recognized them.

And none of the Seed-based games, including SAO, seemed to have "name over head" UI elements (remember that Asuna and Kirito had to exchange names to learn them).
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:03 am Reply with quote
My roommate pointed out to me (I couldn't tell because of the angle), but Death Gun made the sign of the cross right before aiming his sidearm.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
My roommate pointed out to me (I couldn't tell because of the angle), but Death Gun made the sign of the cross right before aiming his sidearm.

He was pretty much doing funeral rites, which is why Kirito got so afraid.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 115