• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece's Newest Episode Leaked Before Japan's Debut

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rig zag

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quote
What does this mean for us fans who live here in America and rely on public sites with subbed versions of One Piece?

And to clarify for the people who think it's hacking or unauthorized access: It's not.

It's like putting it up on Channel 52(public server) too soon and then calling someone who recorded it with Tivo a hacker.

But again, what does this mean for people who rely on public sites with subbed versions of One Piece?
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote
rig zag wrote:
What does this mean for us fans who live here in America and rely on public sites with subbed versions of One Piece?

And to clarify for the people who think it's hacking or unauthorized access: It's not.

It's like putting it up on Channel 52(public server) too soon and then calling someone who recorded it with Tivo a hacker.

But again, what does this mean for people who rely on public sites with subbed versions of One Piece?

It would be like that... if the person didn't redistribute it. But they did, so it's not like that.

And what do you mean by "public sites"? Hulu, Joost? Or do you mean sites that do fansubs?
rig zag

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quote
Redistribution isn't hacking. It's piracy isn't it? So doesn't that make it O.K. seeing as how it's One Piece we're talking about? Razz

haha just some humor.

I mean like fansubs, yeah. I can still just wait for ep 404 to come out, on thursday, can't I? Sad
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I really wanted to watch this!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 35 of 35