• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spice and Wolf (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
As expected, despite the critique, overall the first season was "very good". Could be higher if not the issues mentioned, but still a great result. I am not watching the first episode of the second series, and I am glad the visuals have improved (first season was quite poor on that).
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Looked at your complaints, MaxSouth, and boy, I didn't see a single one beyond the animation quality that's actually a legitimate problem. In every other case, you're interpreting something as a problem or inconsistency when it actually isn't.

And BTW, the names are Holo and Lawrence in both English and the original Japanese. Cases where names change between Japanese and English dubs are extreme minorities, so I don't buy the "I don't need to remember the character names because they could be different in each language" argument, especially for the main characters who have the overwhelming majority of the screen time for the entire series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:58 am Reply with quote
Some people see, some people do not. People have different opinions, it is fine.

I have completed to watch the second series; it is a very good show, too. Characters and their interaction is the strong part of it, there was nothing fake about that aspect of the show.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015)

Spoilers Reminder for Marathon Discussion: Tag all spoilers within your post(s) and record the episode number(s) you're discussing at the top of your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 35 of 35