• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Ok, rather random question, but does anypony know how many volumes of the Fruits Basket manga (approximately) were adapted? I've read through 14, I'm curious if I've gone past the anime at this point (I've the rest sitting on my shelf though, yay!) Obviously the manga ended well after the anime, did the anime just end abruptly (like Please Save My Earth's did) or was there filler ending or something?
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:36 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Ok, rather random question, but does anypony know how many volumes of the Fruits Basket manga (approximately) were adapted? I've read through 14, I'm curious if I've gone past the anime at this point (I've the rest sitting on my shelf though, yay!) Obviously the manga ended well after the anime, did the anime just end abruptly (like Please Save My Earth's did) or was there filler ending or something?

Eight volumes of manga material were adapted into the anime with six covering the title's main plot and side-stories from the two later volumes. The anime leaves out some vital plot elements found in the manga ( spoiler[the red-capped boy storyline hinting to Kyo and Yuki having a past connection to Tohru, for example] ), altered some developments with the characters and made an original ending to follow up with what occurred after the spoiler[Tohru and Kyo's true form situation.]

You have definitely passed the point in the manga which the anime concluded. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, thanks for the info! Even if I avoided the spoiler tags on the details because....well insert picture of River Song here, eh?
Dragonbull21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quote
What anime is this iv been searching forever and can't find it.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote
cloud2312 wrote:
I have been looking for this anime for about a week and no luck at all. The only thing I remember is a little about the first episode. In the first episode this teenager takes a test with the robot and two other people vs dummies as a test battle. But the battle goes wrong when the dummy pilot is piloted by the best pilot they have and they failed their mission horrible. Also his friend/brother is what they called a terrorist... The only thing I also remember is they are teenager, piloting mechs, one has silver/gray hair. And the one pilot is a girl.

This is not any of the Gundam serious!!

Sorry if this isn't much help this is all I remember about the anime. Please help me!!

It doesn't really match all the details, but Pilot Candidate has teens in mechs, one with silver hair, and one girl (which is a big deal). Maybe that's it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 am Reply with quote
Yello, i've been asked about a few hentai for which i also couldn't answer. I've got a few down but now im down to 2 others and i think i know 1 of em.

So for the last I'm asking here.
NSFW example-
spoiler[ It's a hentai set in modern day in a normal setting. The scene described is a girl in highschool at night being led to a van a willingly giving some dude a bj, and then being taken pictures of while doing so. The camera guy then gets in on the action behind and they of course finish. She then checks a magazine at a store a few days later to see her in there, to see how she looked. She is again doing this willingly.

The video he showed me i cannot link too but the design and style is exactly like Midnight SLeazy Train or Dirty Laundry. Couldn't be much older than those at all, decent quality. I even looked up same directors or character designers and no luck.....]

So ya a long shot but who knows, maybe someone will know.
cloud2312

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote
@DuelLadyS no its not but thank you for the guess!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote
A quick question about Galaxy Railways Season 2. The page says it has 26 episodes but I can only account for 24 which is the end. I know there is an OVA but that's 4 episodes long and seemingly a prequel, but listed as a sequel, so that wouldn't match up and account for 25 and 26. Am I missing a couple episodes? I'm a little confused.
Mits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote
@Kruszer
I don’t know the detailed reason but episode 25 and 26 of Galaxy Railways season 2 were not aired on TV and only appeared in DVD. The story of the season 2 is completed within 24 episodes, so 25 and 26 may be additional episodes. As for the OVA, the story of the OVA is set between the timeline of season 1 and 2.
saranin21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I really got into anime when I was younger, and SciFi had saturday anime where they would show "censored" shows and movies. I am trying to collect all of the old movies for my collection and am having a hard time identifying one. It was a space horror movie kind of along the lines of the original Alien movie, but the crew would start getting picked off and absorbed into the alien. Lead character was female if I remember right.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
saranin21 wrote:
I really got into anime when I was younger, and SciFi had saturday anime where they would show "censored" shows and movies. I am trying to collect all of the old movies for my collection and am having a hard time identifying one. It was a space horror movie kind of along the lines of the original Alien movie, but the crew would start getting picked off and absorbed into the alien. Lead character was female if I remember right.

If I'm not mistaken, that's the film, L.I.L.Y. Cat, which I felt was an anime rip-off of Alien.
saranin21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote
[/quote] If I'm not mistaken, that's the film, L.I.L.Y. Cat, which I felt was an anime rip-off of Alien.[/quote]

Thanks, I agree, it was extremely like Alien, which was really making it hard to find the title to it.
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
My tennis partner today asked for help identifying an anime that he saw. It was this year, and he's pretty sure it was on Adult Swim, probably around 10 p.m. What he recalled was the protagonist was sneaking around some caves/subterranean area, and found what appeared to be some sort of contest of humanoid (but not fully human) creatures. They'd get up on a stage, do something, and the others would cheer. He recalled at least one had a box-shaped head, etc. He felt certain that the participants were somehow outcast from society.

It's also entirely possible that maybe this wasn't even an anime, but he said it had an anime-style look to it. Since I don't watch Adult Swim (and checking their recent lineup, I haven't seen any shows except Cowboy Bebop, and that scene didn't seem familiar), I don't have a guess myself. When he said subterranean, my mind went to Guerran Laggan, but I'm not sure if that's ever been on Adult Swim.

Any guesses?
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:18 am Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
My tennis partner today asked for help identifying an anime that he saw. It was this year, and he's pretty sure it was on Adult Swim, probably around 10 p.m. What he recalled was the protagonist was sneaking around some caves/subterranean area, and found what appeared to be some sort of contest of humanoid (but not fully human) creatures. They'd get up on a stage, do something, and the others would cheer. He recalled at least one had a box-shaped head, etc. He felt certain that the participants were somehow outcast from society.

It's also entirely possible that maybe this wasn't even an anime, but he said it had an anime-style look to it. Since I don't watch Adult Swim (and checking their recent lineup, I haven't seen any shows except Cowboy Bebop, and that scene didn't seem familiar), I don't have a guess myself. When he said subterranean, my mind went to Guerran Laggan, but I'm not sure if that's ever been on Adult Swim.

Any guesses?
....erm, possibly the movie Dead Leaves. The male lead has a TV for a head. I don't remember caves in that movie but they do sneak around because they're criminals.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:27 am Reply with quote
Gurren Lagann is the first thing that comes to my mind, too, but it wasn't on [adult swim]. It WAS, however, on SyFy, so perhaps they're mistaken on the channel?

FWIW, here are some links that might help people narrow it down:
Syndicated shows airing/aired on [adult swim] (includes anime and non-anime
Syndicated movies aired on [adult swim] (mostly anime)

In case it was SyFy and not [adult swim], here's the list of anime aired on SyFy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 344 of 569