• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuruyuri♪♪ (Season 2 & 3) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, preview for next week seem to suggest it would be the final episode, but I don't think that's right. ANN is indicating it is a 12-eppie series.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

This episode was a bit tongue and cheek, I knew they were on a trip before, but it was not until they were in the room that I confirmed it was the exact same. The echoes of getting the same presents was a bit funny.

And Nadeshiko made a reappearance, seems she may have a spoiler[girlfriend, I like how Sakurako's shock of the statement turned out to be something as unconnected as orange juice.]

Poor Akari, too bad Chinatsu does not know. For a second I thought Akari was going to fall for her, but it was probably more of the feeling animals get before an earthquake.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Hmm, preview for next week seem to suggest it would be the final episode, but I don't think that's right. ANN is indicating it is a 12-eppie series.

Since it was Himawari talking I took that to mean that her and Sakurako wouldn't be in episode 12. She said it was "kind of our final episode" if I remember right. Then again, the previews sometimes just plain mislead the viewer. Like when Rise did the preview she said that the next episode would have her talking a bunch when she didn't actually appear at all in the next episode.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:18 am Reply with quote
Have Rise and Explosion-sensei even appeared at all since then?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:03 am Reply with quote
@ Megiddo - that makes sense. Actually, one of my few complaints about this season was there was rather more Himawari/Sakurako than I wanted, had anyone bothered to consult me in advance.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 10
Poor Akari, too bad Chinatsu does not know. For a second I thought Akari was going to fall for her, but it was probably more of the feeling animals get before an earthquake.

If Akari ever falls for Chinatsu, then how will Chinatsu deal with spoiler[you know, Akanee-chan?]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Shouldn't you take your clothes off for a full body massage?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:17 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Shouldn't you take your clothes off for a full body massage?

Um...look dude, I like you and all, but I don't like like you if you get my drift. Thanks for the offer, though - it was very sweet.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Epsode 11

This was a pretty good episode, having Akari as the main character she should have been, we had heaps of Akane. After Akari spoiler[travelled to the past, but was not able to change the events of the first episode that she thinks removed her presence, the last act stopped when she took advice from her sister in not removing the memories she made.] Adding some of the love and tears was great, and the title of "The spoiler[Akari Who Leapt Through Time]" gave me a little laugh.

But, and this is a big but, I feel spoiler[like they ruined it in the revelation that it was just a story,] poor Akari. It feel like one of the biggest kick the dog this series has done. Crying or Very sad

And one more episode left, it was described as being the "Yuru Yuri Almost All Stars Finale!". I will likely be the last done into anime, so it feels like there is some sort of desire to have all the dreams happen next epiosde, and hopefully not just one.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
ep.11

spoiler[the only way feel on this ep was like so got my head kick in or like big WHY WHAT on it?

so akarin ep finally give via time travel try to change her past give sister bit happy mood see two akarin & sleep with akarin mention change the past ruined your memories.

after trying akarin just leave it as way should seeing her future might get better then came back to persent everyone likes akarin.

til boom & ONORE TOSHINOU KYOUKO for making this story idea of yours.

at least another ep & maybe s3 on the way?]
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:16 am Reply with quote
The first season sold pretty well and this one was even better, so I don't doubt there'll be enough sales to justify a third season.

I just wish somebody'd license the show over here or they'd start throwing subtitles onto the discs.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:03 am Reply with quote
A very special, plot-driven, Akarin episode. Even better, Akane, along with Rise and Nishigaki-sensei, has more screen time!

spoiler[Akari becomes time traveler who tries to correct her mistake of being the butt monkey of the show so she will have a larger screen time of her own. Akane does not let her perverted siscon side overwhelm her (for a while) as she gives her an important lesson. In the end, Akari stops and decides to go back to her time.

Alas, everything in this episode is written by Kyouko and Akari is not very happy about it. Kyouko has given Akari the biggest troll of her life. I guess Akari will stay being the butt monkey for the rest of her life. Also, it is implied that Kyouko is an Akari/Akane shipper. Yeah, wincest for the win!]
Echoes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 11 was downright amazing. I love how the show is able to change up its pace, and shift the focus, whenever it feels like it and still remain entertaining. It's worked with side characters, and now it even worked with our (supposed) main character. spoiler[The ending did make me feel a little bit cheated though. I guess I just feel a little too sorry for Akari in this case... she deserves her time in the limelight too, no matter how funny her plight is. ]
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 am Reply with quote
Echoes wrote:
spoiler[The ending did make me feel a little bit cheated though. I guess I just feel a little too sorry for Akari in this case... she deserves her time in the limelight too, no matter how funny her plight is. ]
Thinking about it, I think spoiler[the most satisfying ending might've been for it to have been Akane's dream]; I really have to agree that spoiler[the one we got was incredibly mean]. It would've been nice for spoiler[it to have been real, but that would've risked sending it down the same road as Family Matters].
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
So what's the point of having a pervy older sister if she doesn't actually do anything when she gets the chance?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10