• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: DiCaprio, Jolie & Pitt's Family Are Anime Fans

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quote
OT: can we submit suggestions for interest pieces? Like something we would like to know more of find out about?
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
You're wasting your time trying to explain it to them tempest.

The fact that the first response to an interest article is "go back to real news" even though real news has never stopped being posted shows that these people want to be reactionary and stubborn.

In fact, the additional article genres are MORE content for ANN visitors.

In addition, the guy joined less than a month and a day ago and has only made 13 posts, I agree with Gasero.

Frankly put, I've joined tons of forums and other sites, but ANN is one of the very few sites that I go to that is updated the most and is most consistent.

Say what you will about him, but I am pretty sure Zac must approve every article that goes on this site. Also, I think Tempest probably has to approve some of the articles as well. Also, I am not so sure about this, but I think Edgan Loo also has a role in the articles as well.

So this news isn't about the fate of universe or the statistics of how many investors invest in manga, but its hardly the worst article.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Say what you will about him, but I am pretty sure Zac must approve every article that goes on this site. Also, I think Tempest probably has to approve some of the articles as well. Also, I am not so sure about this, but I think Edgan Loo also has a role in the articles as well.

Just so we're clear, I don't personally approve news articles.

Egan Loo is our News Editor and he is trusted by Chris (and all of us) to do the news right. He writes and posts the news.

Gia is our associate editor, and she handles the Interest feed. Her articles are approved by any of the senior editorial staff before they go up.

I handle everything on the right side of the frontpage - opinion, editorial, reviews, features, convention coverage, columns, interviews, the podcast, and anything else that falls outside of regular news.

Justin is responsible for all the video content on the site.

Chris trusts us to do our jobs and generally leaves us to it (but of course tells us when we screw up and makes corrections when needed).
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:17 am Reply with quote
Youkai Warrior wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Nice to see a article. I remember on other anime forum like myanimelist we would talk about celebrities (non-Japanese one, since anime and manga are mainstream over there) who are anime fan. Here's a interesting pic of celebs who are anime fan:

source: http://slumz.boxden.com/f429/famous-people-who-like-anime-1318621/

Also, did you know Megan Fox like anime? I'm not lying I was shocked that Megan said this and she said that on Seventeen/Cosmogirlmagazine.

Quote:
HOW DID YOU GET INTO YOUR LOVE OF ANIME AND GRAPHIC NOVELS?

I started drawing when I was about 2, mostly pictures of my mother and my sister. When I got into school, instead of taking the notes that I should have been taking, I was drawing in all of my notebooks. It was an artwork thing for me at first. But when I was 12, Adult Swim on Cartoon Network started, and they had a lot of anime cartoons on, like Cowboy Bebop and InuYasha, and that’s when I first started seeing it in cartoon form and actually started researching it. I’d also been a fan of graphic novels, so it’s that kind of art as well as Japanime art that I’m in love with. For comics, my sister always collected X-Men, and that’s where it started. Then I discovered this comic book Gen13, and that just opened me up to a whole world of animation. I just really, really love it, and I spend a lot of time on the Internet researching it. In fact, it’s probably the only reason I even have a computer, so I can go on and see the latest drawings from Michael Turner, who is one of my favorite artists.

We don't know other celebrities who are anime fan. It could be someone who doesn't even look like a nerd.

As real as this looks, this is the internet, you'd be surprised how many things on here that isn't true. That could be fake. Even so, who cares about the celebrities? Besides the anime that is mentioned on there is mainstream or near mainstream. Some of them are mentioned to like Bleach. Last I checked, people are ready to burn others at the stake for liking Bleach. I don't know why people are so excited about a celebrity liking anime. It's no big deal. For all we know, that could be the only anime they like, and have probably never heard of some of the more obscure and niche titles like Weiss Kreuz or Twelve Kingdoms. Are you people that desperate for approval? "Celebrities like anime! New World Order for anime fans! We are now "in"!" Sheesh. Rolling Eyes Who cares about conformity? Cool

Dude, the picture isn't fake. I confirmed with the source and I check to make sure it isn't fake. Hayley William has confirmed she does like anime. Also, you can ask people on myanimelist to see if whatever I said is not true. Also if you think this is fake and celebrities don't like anime, bring me real proof (not the one made up). As I said, if there are celebrities who play video game then there could be celebs that watch anime, it's possible there could be celebs that watch Shakugan No Shana, Kurokami, or Air or any obscure anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Xagor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:05 am Reply with quote
You know the only thing I picked up on from that image was that the guy from Twilight likes Kino's Journey and Mushi-shi. Was not expecting that...
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Just so we're clear, I don't personally approve news articles.

Egan Loo is our News Editor and he is trusted by Chris (and all of us) to do the news right. He writes and posts the news.

Gia is our associate editor, and she handles the Interest feed. Her articles are approved by any of the senior editorial staff before they go up.

I handle everything on the right side of the frontpage - opinion, editorial, reviews, features, convention coverage, columns, interviews, the podcast, and anything else that falls outside of regular news.

Justin is responsible for all the video content on the site.

Chris trusts us to do our jobs and generally leaves us to it (but of course tells us when we screw up and makes corrections when needed).

I did not know that. I knew that Justin worked on the videos, but everything else was news to me.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote
Xagor wrote:
You know the only thing I picked up on from that image was that the guy from Twilight likes Kino's Journey and Mushi-shi. Was not expecting that...

Well now you know. I was also suprised when I found out about that too Very Happy . I wonder what's next am I going to hear out of celeb's mouth:

-Michael Cera saying he's a big fan of Shakugan No Shana and Kurokami.
-Jon Heder (who BTW is fluent in Japanese when he was doing missionary work in Japan, this is true.) say that during his missionary work in Japan read a lot of manga and watch numerous anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
My opinion of Daniel Radcliffe improved considerably when I saw Monster on his list.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:54 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
My opinion of Daniel Radcliffe improved considerably when I saw Monster on his list.

Well Monster's so good even non anime fans can like that one. But I don't really think just liking Studio Ghibli films counts as being an anime "fan". Anyone can like Studio Ghibli anime movies, but for them to be an anime fan wouldn't they say they like other anime movies and series too?
KayJay123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:19 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
As for Ghibli films being widely known, that's the case in Japan. Over here, they're the equivalent of Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Thank you. I was waiting for someone to say that. You'd be surprised to know just how many people have never even heard of any of Studio Ghibli's films.
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quote
KayJay123 wrote:
GATSU wrote:
As for Ghibli films being widely known, that's the case in Japan. Over here, they're the equivalent of Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Thank you. I was waiting for someone to say that. You'd be surprised to know just how many people have never even heard of any of Studio Ghibli's films.

Even if people remember the titles like, say, Spirited Away and the more recent Ponyo, they have no idea of their pedigree.
Wrathful

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:49 am Reply with quote
You can't really say that you are anime fans because you watched Ghibli Animation. Everyone likes them so their movies can just be called Family movies at least to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5