• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Live! School idol project (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
It was an okay way for the show to return I guess. Still, the part of Honoka being the new spoiler[School President] threw off in a way. I wasn't expecting that. Still, it was nice seeing the cast members again especially Niko.

I'll look forward to what these girls will do for their upcoming idol projects.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Ok the whole making the rain stop because "We can do anything if we try!" bit was a little over the top cheesy but other than that i'm glad to have this show back with a rather entertaining first episode Laughing
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
They brought the Niko-Maki ship that was missing through most of season 1. I'm absolutely on-board all this season! Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 2:

After seeing the OP song again, I definitely prefer this season's opening than to the first season. But anyways, spoiler[I thought the latest episode was dealt well in dealing with an idol group's struggle when they are certainly tasked with rushing an idea. Oh God, that scene with the running down the slop was hilarious though. The nature can do so much wonders Anime hyper]

It was great seeing the girls in unity working together.

But yeah, this episode felt like a breath of fresh air to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Damn that was unexpected. Maki would probably be the last person I pick if I had to choose one girl from that group to still believe in Santa.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:17 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

Just think of WUG to this I can't help but appreciate the strength in this series being its characters. Then playing around with the quirks in this episode. In the yuri fan sense seemed especially fond on having a bit of Maki x Nico, which I am sure is by far the most popular pairing in this show. Nico might be a bit.... not actually the cute kind, but she is still great despite that she is always worth a laugh. Like how she was reacting to learn about Maki's innocence, and the incident with the hill, some good use of comedy.

Loved the bits of call back to last season's camp. Well there was Umi spoiler[showing her scary serious side, Nico's facial mask].

Hmm, I just looked around and apparently there was some reason for the split up of groups, they were actually in their "Mini Idol Units". Honoka, Kotori, and Hanayo make up Printemps. Eli, Maki, and Nico make up BiBi. And Umi, Rin, and Nozomi make Lily White.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 3:

Idk about what others think but I thought Love Live group did better than Arise. I liked their outfits better as it felt more natural and their dance movements were well coordinated. They put 110% of their effort into this dance and I applaud them for that.

Great episode overall. Now this is what I can an idol show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 3

So spoiler[A-Rise are actually pretty good people], that is a good movement in the series. I did get worried they were trying to betray them, but there was no evidence.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:22 am Reply with quote
I found it strange that they decided to fully animated A-rise's song but not the U's song since they mixed it with 3DCGI again.

The show is so inconsistent with this stuff.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Yes got my wish for more A-rise fulfilled this episode. Yeah I also liked Muse's outfits more.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting to see both performances this episode but we got both. They chose not to build it up with the usual trials and tribulations of practicing under pressure for weeks deal.

It is rather refreshing for them to write the rival groups as fans of each other. The usual story trail would have the A-Rise girls all snooty and disdainful. I have read that in order to be the master of some performance art you have to be a fan of it first. With that idea the attitudes of the rivals fit.

The Muse performance relied a lot on stage effects -- much more so than the A-Rise performance. Mostly the lights. I have to wonder who is supposed to planning and executing all that for them and on a guest stage no less. It isn't like they are supposed to have a professional production crew supporting them.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:14 am Reply with quote
I'm having a hard time getting that "NICO NICO NIII" song out of my head now. The latest episode made me smile quite a bit though.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
EPISODE IV

Well, I always knew Nico was pretty vain, but wow. Though I under stand why spoiler[she didn't want to hurt her siblings' image of her]. While it's probably for the best spoiler[that they introduced them to reality while maintaining the lie], I would've definitely preferred spoiler[her coming clean with her siblings, at least with the fact that Muse was never her backup dancers].

Gotta love that way spoiler[Maki gets jealous just as soon as the idea of Nico having a boyfriend comes up]. Sure, it's pure fanservice, but then, pretty well the entire franchise is. And finally the return of spoiler[Nozomi's molesting tendencies]! It seemed odd they didn't bring them up before, but now we know for sure there just wasn't occasion to.

A final thought is that Rin spoiler[being used to fit through the vans] only highlighted the little characterization she's had throughout two seasons; I really hope we get a Rin-heavy episode to flesh her out.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:54 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 4

Man my internet is slow, I can barely get videos to play, and taking ages to load. At least it was a Nico episode, which is good, even if something dies in me every time I hear "Nico Nico Nii". spoiler[Little siblings characters] make up for it.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote
The little kid was hilarious. He managed to setup a dialog with lines of one word, and did it multiple times. Could have done without the snot though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9