• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Infinite Stratos (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Am I the only person who's really really enjoying this show?

Not all. This show remains a puzzle for me: it is so by the numbers and yet that is so not interfering with my enjoyment of it at all. Weird.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote
i like this show too. just don't worry about what other people said in here, watch whatever you like.

Also, haters are always hate.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

Quote:
Am I the only one who was seriously annoyed at Cecelia's complete 180 towards Ichika?

Well, I'm not, since the woman who voices her also voiced Mio, and regardless of how annoying she may be, she'll be a sweet piece of heaven inside my kind and caring heart forever and ever because we're lovey-dovey for each other.

I think you mixed it up a little bit. Cecelia is the same voice as Tessa Testarossa from FMP. Mio's seiyuu is Houki from IS.

Anyway I enjoyed episode 3 a lot, some nice harem comedy. It's also ridiculous that they have to wear tights or whatever it is to pilot the mechs... but im not complaining >>. Although Ichika's was also extra tight @@...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I could do without Ichika's midriff-baring get up. I guess that one's for the ladies/gay guys?
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote
So... Episode 4!

Quite a nice mecha battle, I must say. It's not on GUNDAM level but it was pretty decent. The mecha fight was pretty interesting and left me some clues. spoiler[ The unmanned drone idea leaves me to conclude that they're fighting the same kind of drone in the beginning of Episode 1.] This leaves me quite excited for what the plot is. About his harem, sorry Houki, but I'll be cheering Rin on! Go Rin, go!

Oh, new character next episode!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Seems like the new character will be a spoiler[reverse trap.] The eppie showed some decent story-telling chops. I certainly didn't expect the spoiler[intrusion of a drone IS.] Interesting. I also thought it was good when Ichika's spoiler["knock-out" punch actually missed, thus setting up Cecelia to save the day.] Didn't see that one coming, either.

All in all, I'd say this series is getting better as it goes on.
UsuiTakumi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I agree, the show is defiantly improving by each episode. Ofcourse i'm hoping he gets Houki instead of Rin xD. Really enjoyed the action in the recent episode, defiantly went up a notch. Was really surprised when spoiler[ Super Saiyan Ichika missed the "finshing blow" after guranteeing that he'd hit. Also Cecila saving the day was a pleasant change...probably will never happen again so she got her time to shine.]

Anyone else think that for the next episode spoiler[ That the thing "he" is hiding leads to the conclusion he's just a flat chested she? i just dont see them intoducing another male IS pilot so quickly or at all]
quikbeam1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:10 am Reply with quote
I was actually thinking the same thing about episode 4. spoiler[ having another male IS pilot other than an antagonist would not make much sense with the style of the show. Specially after everyone making such a big deal about a male being able to pilot an IS. Another male would just not make much sense except for some antagonist. ] I do think the show has improved significantly, i have to say the third episode was probably the weakest one of all of the ones so far. But even though so far its not really anything new, i am really enjoying the show.

Last edited by quikbeam1 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Episode 3 just seriously made me raise an eyebrow. Am I the only one who was seriously annoyed at Cecelia's complete 180 towards Ichika?

Apparently her reasoning for her 180 turn was skipped by the anime staff.. they also skipped how she was in the arena so quick after Ichika's attack failed in episode 4... why oh why would you skip the later scene that explains what looks like a retarded plot hole while keeping that scene of Houki looking like a retard.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Episode 3 just seriously made me raise an eyebrow. Am I the only one who was seriously annoyed at Cecelia's complete 180 towards Ichika?

When the main male protagonist defeats a girl she will fall in love with him. Generic harem rule 101.

As for how Cecelia got into the arena... I guess we can assume that all those girls trying to open the gate earlier succeed? I get what you're saying but I gave up caring about that type of logic Anime hyper. Especially in a show themed like this.

Anyway I'm still enjoying this show a lot. Like we've been saying from the beginning this is a generic but enjoyable/comfortable. Really like the fact how he has 2 childhood friends haha. Agree with all of you about the speculation of the newcomer in episode 5.
quikbeam1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote
After watching episode 5, and the title of episode 6, i think its pretty clear spoiler[ The new French kid is actually a girl, they made it painfully obvious during this episode. And by mentioning the 6th episode will reveal the boy's secret, they might as well just admit it is a girl pretending to be a guy for some reason. ] Other than that, i would say episode 5 might be one of the weaker episodes for plot development. But from a humor point of view, it was very entertaining.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:25 pm Reply with quote
So, yah, Eppie 5. We gets the French kiddo (I shouldn't be using this word, since I'm about the same age but whatevs) who everyone spoiler[assumes to be a girl,] which I agree with.

If you were looking for a decent fight this episode, you'll be disappointed. And the same goes for plot development. This episode was more of a comedic episode, though the comedy isn't on par with the other comedy titles this season. The comedy wasn't too bad, still enough to make me smile.

The thing I found funniest was probably the chick at the beginning busting into her "onii's" room, and spoiler[falling lovey-dovey with Ichika.] And maybe the "lunch on the rooftop". Cecilia completely fit into the spoiler[stereotype of a bad cook.] What's even more funny about that is spoiler[she made sammiches!]

And then we get an unexpected event! More cliches being thrown around, but I couldn't care less. We're introduced to spoiler[Laura, a German IS pilot, who thinks poorly of Ichika.] The show seems to be getting funner for me, so... I'll be waiting for more episodes.

One last thing, Ichika's as oblivious as ever. I'll agree with what his friend said in the beginning, but to all the chicks in his harem.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm starting to get jealous of his harem. So far we have Brit-chan, Chinese-chan, Samurai Girl-chan, [possibly] Clumsy Teacher-chan, French-chan, and the newest arrival [who will obviously fall for him soon enough], German-chan. And what do I have? A body pillow, my imagination, and last but not least, my right hand.
My pick? Samurai Girl-chan, of course! I was kinda surprised, because I just had assumed all along that she could pilot an IS.

So... is there gonna be a plot moving soon? With flashy enemies, action, etc.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I gotta say, I'm not sure what Ichika has got going for him that makes all the chicks go crazy like they do. Must be some kind of potent anime pheromone or something. As egoist hinted, we all know that 10 seconds into the next episode, Nazi Girl is going to be all, "It's... it's not like I'm seig heiling for you or anything!"
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote
I watched the first episode and I guess I avoided this because of all the hate, but I decided to screw the hate and catch up. I need my harems Razz,of course now I feel lonlier then ever *sigh* (I'm home alone this weekend) stupid harems, why can't I attend an all female school.

Is french kid even a spoiler, I mean the person from Ladies Vs Butlers was more subtle, and LvB was anything but subtle. Hopefully there will be some payment of the character rather then never getting anywhere, atleast let the clueless male in on it this time.

My favourite character strangely is Cecilia, and I never really like those those ojou-sama type of characters. I think it might be that she switched from being full ojou to being sweet and she kind of switches between the two like she does as I really don't like either particular type. Perhaps it is like the reverse gender of girls likeing the badboys, and I am really sick of tsundere, if you like a guy don't treat him like you hate hi guts.

But that new girl also got my attention, it may or may not have something to do with having a thing for silver haired girls with red eyes and a dangerous looking aura. Actually that might explain why have a fondness for a particular cover of Rosario Vampire manga I have aswell as Reinforce from Nanoha A's. I must study to find out what parts I find attractive, I sound awefull Laughing. Anyway I hope she doesn't go tsundere, I am already hooked with the desiegn and this show has enough tsundering already. That eyepatch is also cute.

Anyway it is fun enough, the mecha fights usually catch me by surprise. The two childhood friends thing actually feels kind of funny and refreshing. The childhood friend character kind of often feels like a cop out of one being above all the others, but having two smooths it for that whole 'all is fair in love and war thing'.

Theory Time: my current theory is that the bad guys spoiler[might be involved with Houki's sister, she might have been kidnapped and is being forced to create actual weapons for warfare and wanted to Ichika to let to alow other men to pilot them.] That or spoiler[Houki's sister is a big femenist who went into hiding to prevent herself being used to creat weapons and is targeting Ichika so men won't learn to use IS and create a war.] That second one was meant to be a joke when I thought of it, but it might be plausable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10