• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga that are on hiatus or cancel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkcountess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Here's one no one has listed, and I am probably the only person who has ever read this manga and was so incredibly disapointed that they never produced the last volume!!

Under the Glass Moon

It's a Korean manga but it was published by Tokyopop which had a preview of the third volume up but never did release it to the states. I wanted to cry so bad since it was only three volumes long and the third volume never got released. The art was so pretty in the story. =(
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:35 am Reply with quote
haven't updated for a while so report anything new.
Asako

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:45 am Reply with quote
Hmm..

Maburaho actually finished, and Legal Drug came out with 3 volumes, but still not continued from that point.
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote
the manga to Star Ocean: The Second Story ended at the end of the first disk of the game. The anime and the manga itself is incomplete. I don't know about Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, or the original Star Ocean, but those titles weren't even released in North America.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Asako wrote:
Hmm..

Maburaho actually finished, and Legal Drug came out with 3 volumes, but still not continued from that point.

I've check and ADV did release the second and (final volume) this month. They also mention continuing Yotsuba&!so I wonder if they're coming back and finishing their other titles
Torhu_San

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Honey Mustard was dropped by tokyopop because it was dropped in Korea. Which sucks, because the story was just getting good. Sad

The Duck Prince was dropped by CPM manga. Although from what I have heard, they are more or less gone out of business, and therefore nothing they were putting out will be finished any time soon.
skwid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Lucy/Nyu wrote:
Can anybody tell me if Immortal Rain (TokyoPop) will have anything past volume 6? Six has been around forever but there is no sign of another volume. Has it been cancelled?

Nope. As someone said earlier, 7 was released late last year in Japan. Tokyopop doesn't have a release date for it yet, but a search for it on Amazon has it coming out on the 11th of September, and I've found them to be pretty good with dates in the past.

There was something recently about CLAMP saying something like 'it was good to be drawing Kazahaya and Rikuo again', but it was accompanied by a sketch of them, so I don't know if that was referring to the sketch, the Legal Drug manga, or it could even be that they're showing up in Tsubasa or xxxHolic soon.
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Bus Gamer by Tokyopop never got past it's "Pilot Edition". I don't know how many actual volumes it is but it's been released as one and hasn't had anything done with it even though the author apparently wanted the series to keep going.
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Whatever happened to Queens? Tokoypop only released one volume. Its been a very long time and there has not been another. It was pretty good. I bet very few people here has heard about it. Sad
Asako

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Pinkwings wrote:
Whatever happened to Queens? Tokoypop only released one volume. Its been a very long time and there has not been another. It was pretty good. I bet very few people here has heard about it. Sad
It was released in November 2006. Some titles from Tokyopop need a lot of waiting for until the next one is released.
Brand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Well good news with Gon CMX will be publishing it soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:17 am Reply with quote
Does anyone have any information about status of Aria or Aqua?

I also noticed that Tokyopop Germany has released Aqua and was wondering if they are planning on releasing Aria also?
jgreen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Ashton wrote:
Does anyone have any information about status of Aria or Aqua?

I also noticed that Tokyopop Germany has released Aqua and was wondering if they are planning on releasing Aria also?

Tokyopop has licensed Aqua for US release, but I don't believe that a date has been announced for the first volume yet. I don't know if Aria is included in that license, since ADV already published some of that series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
YukiShuichi4ever

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Do you know what happened to Kempai! The last I read was vol. 2 ...
Asako

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Pinkwings wrote:
ooh I did more research on this.. it seems volume two is released since B&N seem to have it for sale. I think Tokyopop didn't link it to their main listing but this will take you to the second volume. And the third volume seems to be released in July Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6