• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Rides Jetstream to Early Arrival

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeTheBountyHunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:01 am Reply with quote
Hikaru no Go was best of the 3 animes

Megas funniest of all of the shows on there
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 am Reply with quote
toomanyalts wrote:
Really most dubs are not bad at all. People really need to remove that stick from their butts. It's not the 1980s where people were hired literally from the street nor is it 4kids dubs.

Right, most dubs anymore are not bad at all, which is why I am so disappointed with these three dubs, or at least HnG and PoT.

toomanyalts wrote:
Naruto is meant to be annoying hell he is even called annoying by his teammates and adults in the frigging subs. His voice is annoying if you know Japanese. The english dub captures the attitude perfectly as well as the best english translation of Naruto's catchphrase. Which for some reason is hated beyond belief. Seriously Naruto was meant for 13 year olds Naruto is meant to be annoying whiney brat. He is not supposed to be mature at all.

No one is complaining about the Naruto dub here. Confused
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
looks like jetstream isnt that protected alredy got prince of tennis eps on dub saved on my harddrive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
God Gundam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
toomanyalts wrote:
Really most dubs are not bad at all. People really need to remove that stick from their butts. It's not the 1980s where people were hired literally from the street nor is it 4kids dubs.

Right, most dubs anymore are not bad at all, which is why I am so disappointed with these three dubs, or at least HnG and PoT.

Oh, so because YOU think three dubs suck, that means most of them do. Whatever. Get that stick out of your butt.

Also, anyone who says, "I hate all dubs. Oh, except Bebop," obviously doesn't give dubs a chance and only blindly praises Bebop's because everyone else does.

hikaru393 wrote:
looks like jetstream isnt that protected alredy got prince of tennis eps on dub saved on my harddrive.

Good job letting everyone know that. That's like stealing from a bank and saying, "I guess their security sucks, I just stole $10,000 from them and walked out."

Get those eps off your HD and buy them when the DVDs come out.
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
toomanyalts wrote:

Oh, so because YOU think three dubs suck, that means most of them do. Whatever. Get that stick out of your butt.

Also, anyone who says, "I hate all dubs. Oh, except Bebop," obviously doesn't give dubs a chance and only blindly praises Bebop's because everyone else does.

hikaru393 wrote:

Good job letting everyone know that. That's like stealing from a bank and saying, "I guess their security sucks, I just stole $10,000 from them and walked out."

Get those eps off your HD and buy them when the DVDs come out.
i am going to buy the dvd's but i also want to watch them before the dvd come out if they ever do since they take the eps offline and it's not like we can wait for them to be re-aird.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I thought that Hikaru no Go was good, but Sai sounded like a menopausal, 40 year-old woman. Plus, I knew nothing about Go, so those were the only things I didn't like about the series. Of course, Sai's voice is bearable, and I'll learn more about Go as I watch more of it. It showed some promise, so hopefully it can live up to the good reviews I've heard about it.

I've been trying to watch Pot and MAR, but because I'm downloading something else on my computer right now, the streaming video is being very sporadic. Good thing they hold these episodes for several weeks.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
toomanyalts wrote:

Sure you're not watching the TeniPuri fandub?

While I can almost agree with HikaGo, but more on that I have never really given it a chance, I am really enjoying the TeniPuri dub so far.

I don't think Sakuno is annoying at all (I believe it's Wendee Lee, though I think she would've been better casted as the female magazine reporter), although I can agree on Sakuno's grandmother. It'd be easy for me to say that Ryoma sucks, since it's not Junko Minagawa, but I really think the dub voice fits him very well so far. I can't judge too much on Momo's thirty second preview clip, but that one sounds bearable.

This isn't a dub to replace the original language track, and there are still a dozen more prominent characters and countless other opposing school players to see, so I don't expect them to get everyone down pact, but I've seen far less tolerable dubs after one episode to put The Prince of Tennis there.
anime_sLayer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quote
help! i can't enter the site...
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:07 am Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

YOU BRAAT

YOUD BETTER NOT

CHICKEN OUUUUT
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:42 am Reply with quote
Make sure you got the latest version of flash and you are not using a Mac.
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:16 am Reply with quote
I've seen Hikaru no Go! before. For a show about a game I don't get, it's really good. Maybe I can learn how to play from this show.

MAR was funnier than I thought it was going to be. I mean we can all relate Ginta; and if that would've happened to any one of us we would act the same way he does. And when spoiler[Dorothy kisses Ginta just to shut him up]: classic comedy gold.

Still haven't watched Prince Of Tennis; but I've got a feeling I might like that series.
anime_sLayer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote
toomanyalts wrote:
Make sure you got the latest version of flash and you are not using a Mac.

i just downloaded it, and i still can't enter... Sad
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:35 pm Reply with quote
MMM I cannot enter either. I think the launcher window has a broken string. Try again in a few days.
Anabelle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Strange. It works for me and has been working all day... Confused
Cave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:29 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

YOU BRAAT

YOUD BETTER NOT

CHICKEN OUUUUT

GOD, I love watching the fandub~. You know it was only done by two people? Actually, I think I would have preferred Sakuno's voice from the fandub over the real dub.

I really like Ryoma's voice in the dub. It *was* a bit too deep (since he is supposed to be 12), but the guy just had that Ryoma-snarkiness that was so -perfect-.

I loved how they kept Momo sounding like a pedophile in the episode preview. Yay. Seems like the are taking out the honorifics - oh no~~ bad idea for any sports anime. T.T Now it's not going to make much of a difference if Momo is Momo-chan, Momo-chan-sempai, Momo-sempai.... Anime cry But that's Viz for you *sigh* Thinks all the people watching are idiots. They give fans no credit whatsoever.

They forgot to say the name of Ryoma's serve (the Twist Serve). This is sorta important since... hmm.. HE USES IT EVERY EPISODE.

God, every a kindergartener could pronounce the names better. Sasebee, no. Sa-sa-be, yes. Ri-ou-ma, no. Ryou-ma, yes. They completely butchered Momo's first name too, but I can't remember.

And I can't watch it again since I HAVE A MAC THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I was lucky and had a friend over who brought her Windows laptop so I was able to watch it. I'm sorry, but how fekking selfish can you get. This proves my points over and over about Viz. If they actually cared two craps about their fans, maybe the quality of their work would be even semi-decent and you wouldn't have third-rate voice actors mispronouncing the name SASABE! It's not even difficult! If it were Tezuka where they said TeZUka, I could even understand... but Sasabe?

And a little note about HnGo's dub. I loved Sai's voice. Viz was actually smart for once and knew, KNEW, that Sai was a flaming homosexual. So they gave him the most homosexual voice they could find. I give them many kudos for that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6