• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
White Album 2 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, all the feels in episode 12....

That ending scene was brilliant though. Touma <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Lame. First, I love how we get to an emotional charged moment in half-way through episode 10 and then don't return to that moment until half-way through episode 11. Nice episode worth of telling us crap we already knew in between.

And then in the finale it comes down to, spoiler["I knew they were in love but I pushed my way in the middle, anyway."]

Fine. I really don't care what happens to these three drips, anyway. I'm confused over the ending - spoiler[will Touma still be going to Europe? Have Setsuna and Haruki broken up?] Who knows? Who cares.

Shoulda dropped this one early on.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:47 am Reply with quote
Why do you think that's the ending?

There's still one more episode to go.

And not to mention the whole 'nother sequel VN that follows it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
Oh, I thought 12 was the finale. I don't recall seeing a preview for next week. I don't ever watch VNs so a sequel there is meaningless to me. I suspect an anime sequel to this title would be just as meaningless. These people are simply too boring.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I feel like 12 eps are not enough for this anime. They just threw away Ogiso the last 3 eps. Even though i like Touma better, i think they should spend sometime for Ogiso too.

They have to fit so much stuff into 12 eps, they have to skip alot of op/eds too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Damn I gotta admit, I feel sorry for spoiler[Setsuna this episode after everything that has happened. The finale was intense in the beginning, I mean wow. No holds barred people.]

spoiler[Dat kisses...wow, more than just that :O]

I wonder if that will be uncensored when BD's are released. Anyways yeah. I don't have much else to add to this. I was a Touma fan though so I was happy to see how the episode went but again, I feel sorry for Setsuna as well. Great to hear the OP song at the end though. It's one of my favorites this season.

Rating this as very good!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Was it just me or spoiler[she couldn't walk straight the next morning?] Overall I thought it was pretty good for a romance. At least I didn't want to shoot the characters in the end (only hit them hard).

Since this is just the first part of the vn and the sales seem to be good, I expect there'll be a second season next winter.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quote
ahh, that was painful, but in a well written, only logical outcome for three teenagers acting like real teenagers painful. And just like a poster in the WA2 TVtropes forum promised, I haven't felt this way since finishing Rumbling Heats. I look forward to the closing chapter should sales be decent. Giving this an Excellent
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
do i have to play the game for the real ending now?
One of my top 3 anime this season. It probably won't sell. Same with Kyousougiga. Sad
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
volume 1 went on sale Christmas, so well see how well it has done on Tuesday.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 13:

So...what the crap happened spoiler[they just cut away after Kazusa and Haruki were insensitively making out in front of poor Setsuna and suddenly they're looking at a plane fly off. Argh!! More info is needed than that, like did he break up with Setsuna for Kazusa? Did Kazusa leave for good or will she be back? Did Setsuna just win by default? Ouch, hollow victory is hollow.] I really don't like the way that was handled, even if there might be more like others have inferred.

Oh well, at least we got spoiler[a nice sex scene] out of this episode spoiler[even if they were being unfaithful and duplicitous to a mutual friend].
jl07045

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:58 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
spoiler[More info is needed than that, like did he break up with Setsuna for Kazusa? Did Kazusa leave for good or will she be back? Did Setsuna just win by default?.]

spoiler[Well the story wasn't that much about who's gonna win, but can they all stay together. We saw that even if Kazusa were to stay, there would be no happy harem ending. But judging by the ending Setsuna isn't done with Haruki yet.]
Nayu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:54 am Reply with quote
That's just the ending of the introductory chapter of the eroge, right?

There's plenty of room for more story here. Smile
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
spoiler[More info is needed than that, like did he break up with Setsuna for Kazusa? Did Kazusa leave for good or will she be back? Did Setsuna just win by default?.]

spoiler[Well the story wasn't that much about who's gonna win, but can they all stay together. We saw that even if Kazusa were to stay, there would be no happy harem ending. But judging by the ending Setsuna isn't done with Haruki yet.]

I don't know I thought Haruki's narration from the first episode made it pretty clear that spoiler[a happy ending and everyone getting along was not in the cards] Though, yeah, that's a given about spoiler[Setsuna not seeming like she's given up. Perhaps she'll embrace her self-perceived role as the man-stealer though more likely she'll play the role of "comforter" while Kazusa is gone.]
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Whew, I finally finished this show. I had stalled it at episode 8 due to work/class commitments but I'm glad I found the time to catch up. It was a really emotional ride for me; I was cheering for Touma the whole time and I had problems digesting the events when Setsuna was "winning." Once the turn of events occurred I was doing a slight victory dance and smiling.

Even though I was cheering for Touma, I find it hard for me to hate Setsuna even if she admits to being the one at fault. The interesting thing is the three main characters blame themselves for the problems and don't seek to blame each other -- Touma and Haruki belive they betrayed Setsuna; Setsuna states she strole Haruki from Touma. An even more interesting thing is that the supporting cast of WA2 support Setsuna (as seen from Io's talk with Setsuna on the rooftop, and Takeya warning Haruki of his choices). Touma gets no love from anybody besides Haruki and her mother.

Anyways, hopefully we'll get a Closing Chapter adaption and then CODA. Unfortunately, I've heard sales aren't that great yet but to be optimistic, maybe it'll be enough to justify an adaption of the remaining story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7