• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Riddle Story of Devil (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
That spoiler[brief kiss scene] was okay I guess. The latest episode bought out the spoiler[riddle from this show. Still, I found the riddle to be easy and already suspected about the birthday right when sensei went to celebrate. The brief back story relating to Suzu's friend also was a huge hint there. The ED song imo was decent though.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
This is a group of the most half assed assassins I have ever seen. What possible reason is there for Suzu to play fair with her target? All she really had to do is set the bomb for 5 minutes after fitting and go order a drink. Yet she went and set up an elaborate puzzle that just like all of Batman's villains. And three tries no less.

I could have bitch-slapped Tokaku for spoiler[falling for the super obvious red herring.]

And I still find it eerily macabre that Haru walks around casually and cordially rubbing shoulders with girls eager to find out if they get to be entertained by seeing her head explode.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Maybe she noticed the same thing you did: that no one really wants to commit to actually killing her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

There can be only one!
The spoiler[riddles] were at least good. I knew that it would be spoiler[too obvious to just use what the deck did not have], and the mention of spoiler[proverbs and forest] was a good one.

The scheme was a bit spoiler[Riddler] like in that there was no needspoiler[ to provide the answers, but she lived a long life], if they are killed if they fail then perhaps she decided it as Haru should live. The story was touching though.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
It has been a long time since my last visit here. I am loving this anime. Loved the girls' ED songs. spoiler[Episode 6 made me shed tears]. Next week is very likely to be Mahiru/Shinya's turn. Cannot wait.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I feel bad for Clueless-Sensei.

Does anyone know if that facilitator chick is an assassin or not? If she is, then there are four assassins left. If not, there's only three.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
She is indeed an assassin since the description of the show states there are 12 of them which would count her. I'd say it's very likely that she will be the final boss though since she hasn't shown any motivation to go after Haru herself yet.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Thankee for the confirmation. Yes, it seems to make sense that she'd be the FB.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I am still holding out that spoiler[the one we all expect to not have killed anyone, is really an assassin and final boss in the whole scenario.]. That would be an interesting twist, one that is reducing in liklihood after every episode. Sad
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:33 am Reply with quote
Did anyone see the PV for this week's episode today? spoiler[Looks like it is Isuke's turn.]

spoiler[I kind of disappointed, though. I was hoping for Banba to spring into action, at least we will see her spending quality time with Hanabusa.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Plenty of assassins left.
Haru is so gullible ^^"
The typhoon gave this episode a nice setting.
Looks like the remaining three are the stronger ones.
It was unusual to see Azuma run instead of taking her out.
This one needed some effort.
Nice they upped the game a bit.
Two at the same time, now that is a challenge.
Can't wait to see next episode!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Tbh, I like spoiler[Bamba's ED song quite a lot. I thought the episode would of seen more of her though fighting but I think we will see that next time because Inuke takes the stand against Azuma.]

This should be kinda interesting considering the fact that spoiler[Haru will be alone and fighting for her life next time.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:38 am Reply with quote
This episode sure had me fooled.

spoiler[Turns out this episode (and the next one) has Tokaku and Haru taking on two tough bosses, Isuke and Shin'ya. Both girls were great, especially Banba and her split personalities talking with each other. Love her ED. Her quality time with Hanabusa is sweet. It will be painful to see these three girls go, though. Sad ]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
This show has some girls in it with serious mental issues.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Isuke's spoiler[adoptive father] describes himself not only as an assassin, but a hitman, he wears an unassuming black suit with presumably plain red tie, has short leather gloves and uses a silenced pistol. They might as well have made him bold and throw on a barcode tattoo.

Those spoiler[knuckle busters with an ejecting knife] were pretty cool, I feel like I have seem it in something. Plus the whole absurdity of spoiler[the hammer] worked too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8