• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across the Blue (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:58 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
You'd think that Masaya would be considerably rustier than that considering he hasn't played FC since elementary school.

Sensei too. Apparently it's just the kind of sport you don't need to train often for.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:59 am Reply with quote
Sensei is also using general use grav shoes instead of competition ones.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:59 pm Reply with quote
EVERYBODY FLY!!!

Anime hyper I didn't predict that at all but it was a good surprise.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Lol they cut Asuka's match to make room for Saki vs Misaki. Honestly, I wish the match lasted longer. Oh well, good try Misaki. I almost had a feeling that she might of win. Seems like Saki might finally break out of her shell of following her coach's orders every episode. Might be interesting for the finale between her and Asuka.

Eh also, what happened to Aoi?...I was expecting to see her in action this week? Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:16 pm Reply with quote
We kind of got nothing about what was so hype at the end of the previous episode, which makes me think we will some of it in the final match. For similar reasons I was reasonably sure Misaki would not wind the match, but she did manage to break free.

Surprised no one else thought that flying upside down would be good foil for the bird cage, I thought it a bit obvious. Although I have never flown upside down with anti gravity shoes before.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale):

Wow, that was actually a good match. Got everything what I had expected from Saki and Asuka. Maybe they'll become good friends from now on judging on the aftermath. I'm a bit surprised that Asuka improved so much in such a short amount of time though.

Also, I was really hoping their teacher would actually fly or compete. The teasing....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quote
That was pretty spectacular. A great ending to a fun show.

It's not unheard of for a visual novel adaptation to remove the romance (I believe Dramatical Murder was like this) but I wouldn't expect it with a show like this. It's choice to be more of a sports show than a romcom isn't a bad one, but if you were hoping for some shipping take your pick:

Odd how Asuka doesn't have a kissing CG...
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I thought the two ending episodes were the worst the series had. Overall had some fun with the season, though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I would say that it was not such a bad end, the whole FC game was pretty cool to watch that it did make us feel that it was the end point of the journey the show had taken.

The show really has not been anything special, but in general I think it has been rather decent. The emotional points of the characters (Misaki especially) having to face the loss did have some nice drama attached. Barely something review of the series, but the character I liked most was Mashiro, to me she felt like a multi-layered character that could be comedy, but also had her own arc of wanting to be better. She started out only really following Misaki, but stayed when Misaki started to stop turning up.

I am going to rate the show as Decent (6/10). I did not lose my time watching this, and I enjoyed it. Not really top tier show, but alright.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I am SO salty about them taking all the romance out. I understand why Little Busters did it but we still had RinxRiki!!

Why the hell did they take ALL of it out in this show!?

It was a stupid move.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5