• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KonoSuba – God's blessing on this wonderful world!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:54 am Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
True, although ironically his good luck (plot armor) is actually explained in the story by his high luck stat which is not something that usually happens to most mc's heh

Oh, contraire. There are two types of MCs in anime - the kind with unusually high stats overall, or the kind with low overall ability, but extreme proficiency in one unorthodox stat or ability.

... Come to think of it, it's a little odd that Kazuma himself has never mentioned this, considering his status pre-death.

killjoy_the wrote:
Steal is completely reliant on Luck. If his luck wasn't so high, who knows what he would've stolen. A sock, maybe?

Considering how worthless his opponent truly was, a (probably dirty) sock most likely would have functioned just fine.

Last edited by GeneStriker on Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
That is particularly evident with the arrival of Kyoya Mitsurugi, his Cursed Sword Gram, and his party/groupies on the scene in the middle of episode 5. Nothing about him looks sharp or even all that appealing; the designs have a clunkiness to them reminiscent of amateur-designed computer RPG characters.

It seemed to me like that was intentional. His entire roll in the episode was to make a big joke out of the white knight trope. If he is suppose to be an insert of a trope, it makes sense that he would be bland and generic. I thought that hands down was the best part of the series so far.

I have to say I think this is the series I'm enjoying most this season. I also don't think the visuals are that bad. Sure, they're on the lower end, but still substantially above the level of something like Sky Wizards.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
oh man that poor dullahan. al he wanted to do was sit menacingly in his castle, indirectly terrorizing the citizens but then explosion girl bombed his castle every single day Anime hyper.

I sincerely hope the dulluhan makes a return cause he was the funniest character to me. The first time he threw his head in the air i just knew it was gonna get stolen and kicked around. And of course the damages would exceed the reward, alot of the events are predictable but it unfolds so enjoyably like when aqua insists the money be split 90/10 to be hit with the debit later.

I also loved how the nonchalantly added that aqua can revive just fallen adventurers, i would think that would be a rather BIG thing or a rare talent but its just passed off like nothing.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
I also loved how the nonchalantly added that aqua can revive just fallen adventurers, i would think that would be a rather BIG thing or a rare talent but its just passed off like nothing.

Well she is a God in charge of making people who just died live in different worlds. Makes sense in hindsight, but yeah, wonder why no one made a big fuss.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:37 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Calsolum wrote:

Well she is a God in charge of making people who just died live in different worlds. Makes sense in hindsight, but yeah, wonder why no one made a big fuss.

lmao not gonna lie but i totally forgot that was her original role. i suppose like kazuma all i can see her as is a useless goddess 99% of the time
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:48 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:

As I wrote before I think Kazuma is sitting on a talent pool that is much better than he is giving them credit for. Not only did Aqua break an otherwise fatal spell but she did (once she got motivated) manage to purify an entire lake.

I think her bit where she tries to pump up her status reports in an attempt to get permission to return to the after-world is hilarious. The receivers of that probably don't even want status reports.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:49 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:

Keep in mind that *only* Kazuma (and the sword-jerk guy) know that. To everyone else, she's just an 'arch-priest'.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:02 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Keep in mind that *only* Kazuma (and the sword-jerk guy) know that. To everyone else, she's just an 'arch-priest'.

Which is why I wondered why there was no fuss. Kazuma and White Knight can make sense of it or just brush it aside, but to everyone else, she just revived dead people. Either that's a surprisingly common skill or people just really don't want to interact with this party.
GrimaH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

Which is why I wondered why there was no fuss. Kazuma and White Knight can make sense of it or just brush it aside, but to everyone else, she just revived dead people. Either that's a surprisingly common skill or people just really don't want to interact with this party.

They're still in the beginner town, and to most of the residents a party of three advanced class players that (at first glance) have good class matchups is probably an instant attraction, so the expectations are already there that they'd know and be able to execute their core class skills. Aqua in particular is well known due to her high profile at the guild inn and her frequent odd jobs, and none of them have really seen how bad she can fudge up when it counts.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:09 am Reply with quote
I think the Dullahan knight has become my favorite character. Too bad we *presumably* won't be seeing any more of him!
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:33 am Reply with quote
I felt bad for poor Verdia the whole episode. Poor guy.

On the topic of character revival, Aqua's class is the highest tier healer. Of course she can learn a revival spell. I'm just surprised she learned that over more party tricks...
Key

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
But getting to consider stuff like that is one of the charms of this series, isn't it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:40 am Reply with quote
GeneStriker wrote:
On the topic of character revival, Aqua's class is the highest tier healer. Of course she can learn a revival spell. I'm just surprised she learned that over more party tricks...

I don't think she learned it at all. I *think* that she could do it simply because she's a goddess. The only spell we're shown that she actually learned was that party trick spell. It might be that there are some abilities that you get simply by being an archpriest, but I still think it's more due to her being a goddess than anything.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
GeneStriker wrote:

I don't think she learned it at all. I *think* that she could do it simply because she's a goddess. The only spell we're shown that she actually learned was that party trick spell. It might be that there are some abilities that you get simply by being an archpriest, but I still think it's more due to her being a goddess than anything.

she did say that she dump her points into kachou after learning all of the priest skill.

and as for why she can learn all of the priest skill you should read the book Wink

and as for why nobody believe her it won't be explained in the anime and it haven't reach that part in the comics (it's at vol 4) but it basically boils down to the axis sect eccentricity
myskaros

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy with the pace of the show; unless they do some anime-only multi-episode arc to cap off the season, we should be getting the "wife swap" (party swap) episode Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9