• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: No Grand Prize Winners, Honorable Mentions Announced for 7th Kyoto Animation Awards

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
#844903 wrote:
I recommend reading ultimatemegax's comment above...I believe all scientific publications in the world will disallow it. And I think the submission rules of all Japanese literary awards are based on the rules of submitting scientific publications. I also had a post related to this question 4 posts above.

Okay. I take it that it means Kyoto Animation does NOT always adapt something from the contest each year.

As for me, I can definitely submit the same script to multiple contests, provided that the rules say that I remain the owner of whatever I submit. I am only restricted to submitting a script to only one contest if the contest rules say that they become the owner of all works submitted in for it. (If the rules don't say so, I assume that I forfeit my ownership of whatever story I submit; that's the norm from what other people who enter these competitions say.) It's a lot like how writers will pitch their ideas to a studio, and if they say no, they just go to another one. The creators of Phineas and Ferb were doing this for 14 years until they went to The Disney Channel, whose executive said yes, for example.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
#844903 wrote:
But I hope you get what I say especially #2.

I did, very much so. Which is why I felt no need to address it. Your point was well made, in my eyes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5