• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Air DVD 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
What's with the Key hatred? He was supposed to review the first volume, not the entire series. Just because he didn't like the first volume doesn't mean he is wrong, he just has a different opinion. Just because one person likes it doesn't mean it's the best anime out there, it just means that person likes it. (Same with if someone doesn't like it, vise versa) I'm sure there are plenty of anime shows he thinks is amazing, yet some people think is garbage. The world isn't black and white people, there are shades of greys.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
mistress_reebi wrote:
I'm sure there are plenty of anime shows he thinks is amazing, yet some people think is garbage. The world isn't black and white people, there are shades of greys.

Quoted for truth. I really wish you could apply the same logic to some of your own posts. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
daedelus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote
There is one more positive thing I'd like to say about this volume.

For me, one of the funniest parts has to do with the borrowed "Gao Gao Stegosaurus" T-shirt. I laugh out loud every time I think about it. Laughing

Yeah, some people think I'm cracking up. Wink
jgreen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:43 pm Reply with quote
fxg97873 wrote:
If any of you guys want to check out the first episode of Air TV, it's available for free at ADV's site.

http://www.advfilms.com/free-episode.aspx

After watching the first DVD, I actually thought to myself, "Man, I hope ADV doesn't stream the first ep of this on their site, because so little happens in the first ep that if I saw that, I probably WOULDN'T have stuck with the series." Here's hoping it doesn't have that effect....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Judging from the posts on that thread, I'd say that some people are sufficiently hooked. I'm going to rent it mostly because I want to know what everyone's going on about.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Seems like my comment upset some of you. Sorry about that.

Well honestly, I can wait as long as it takes for the main premise of the story to make itself known. Some books I've read lately kinda stretched the beginning a bit to introduce the world in them more clearly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5