• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Gunslinger Girl Airs in Spring with Pinocchio Arc

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quote
@ hentai4me: Anime needs more fanservice like Gunslinger Girl's! You're spot-on in that it delivers such a perfect emotional powerhouse story that it makes the fans very happy. Couldn't agree more.

As I posted before, I too hope the new season will be longer. Personally, I wouldn't a little filler on the level of what was in the first season. The Elsa episode and the one with Claes toward the end were so well done, it didn't matter they weren't in the manga.

I'm surprised to learn that the Japanese cast won't all be back. That's a real shame for Japanese dub fans. (Of course, we English dub fans don't have everything sugar and daisies either. Hilshire's VA, Dameon Clarke, moved to LA so there's no guarantee we'll get him back if Funimation gets GSG 2.)

I don't know if the anime will be completely upfront with Triela's back story or not, but they didn't water down Henrietta's much in the first season.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Except for a few images, in the manga we see Henrietta in a wheelchair missing one or both of her legs (I can't remember if it's both or not and don't have it to hand) while the anime just showed her in a wheelchair with a view that didn't encompass her legs at all.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I certainly hope they will go fro 24-26 episodes and make some "filler" because they would have to cut out almost everything that didn't directly relate to the Pinocchio arc in order to fit it into 13.
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:48 am Reply with quote
@Richard J. I wouldn't worry. Voice actors will travel for work. JYB traveled to Texas for just one episode of FMA. If Funi gets GSG2 and they want the original cast, I'm almost positive Dameon will come to Texas. From all of the conversations I've had with various VAs, they want to work, and will travel to do so.

The primary concern is whether or not Funi will get the rights. Of course, ADV could get it and they could do a reverse FMP:TSR with Funi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5