• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-02-02

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
bonbonsrus wrote:
Hunter Sopko wrote:
Wow. I liked this comic already... It takes a certain amount of class to make a Leiji Matsumoto reference. Props to Robin on this one.

I have to echo this sentiment as well...
I wonder how many people didn't actually know this reference by sight, which I would guess is a fair amout, and I am sure it still plays out as funny.
I simply love how you changed Nina's whole look to conform to the image, and the outfit has a lot of nice details in it...
this is a really wonderful comic, it was so great, I'll forgive the use of more blood with Nina...
(but please...no more bloody Nina after this!)

I agree with bonbonsrus completly. Although the reference was well made, like the Ah My Goddess reference, I really hope there will be no more blood after this comic. I really don't like the fact Nina is being hurt, even though this is a comic. Though Robin you are an excellent comic writer, I am sure you'll think of something.

More Ulimate Mop Daisuke DX perhaps?
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I suggest he branch off and start making fun of more genres

(I recommend he strike Shojo next)
ryoga2pchan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:24 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
That reminds me, I need to get Queen Emeraldas on DVD... for the sole purpose of owning an anime that starts with a Q. (then once I get Zegapain, I'll have the alphabet covered. Laughing )

Unfortunately, I dont think "Queen Esmeraldas" was ever available on DVD. At least its not now. In fact there is no R1 anime starting with a Q. Its also the letter I need for the full alphabet and probably will buy just about any anime that comes out if it starts with a Q for that sole purpose.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Ahahaha, terrific. This is my favorite recent Nina comic!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ilkz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote
NINA RULEZ LOL. And don't forget to check out the UMD manga on right turn only. They got some awusome review.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:
I suggest he branch off and start making fun of more genres

(I recommend he strike Shojo next)

A re-read of back weeks (and the related forums) might help ya a bit there.

Calculusman wrote:
Nice.

And for those that say that teeth don't equal scissors...scissors don't work either anyway, sooo.... I usually takes me a nice long, sharp kitchen knife to get those stupid packages open sometimes (and I'm talking about things like earphones or other things in bubble packages as well.)

I am kind of frightened that I might actually see an Ultimate Mop cosplayer when I go to Otakon, though...lol

Not volunteering, but here's to hoping more than one (need at least a full group.)

Finally, the most important, and as yet unaddressed issue ... why is she removing it from the container? That's akin to driving a car off the lot!

PS - Grats on the A+ review, but points deducted for 3 straight weeks of 2-row sets. This ain't the Post, weeklies need 3 rows to breathe.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Very funny stuff and the Esmeralda homage at the end was a cool touch. Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quote
ingram_pilot wrote:

I've also been trying to get the whole alphabet, since I'm an obsessive completionist. Although I don't have any titles in the Qs yet, I do have Zs. If I can make a small suggestion, before you go out and buy Zegapain, look up Zipang. It's an excellent show and despite what people say about the english dub, it's not that bad. I was so caught up in this show that after the first episode I stopped noticing the flaws in the dub. I ended up watching the whole 26 episodes in two days.

I'll keep that one in mind Wink

I honestly think part of the reason Queen Emeraldas goes for so much used is that it's one of only 2 Q-named anime released in the US... and other's a hentai, not making it a popular choice. You'd think they're be more than that...
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Sad thing is that Queen Emeraldas used to be a pretty regular run on Encore Action, along with DNA Sights 999. Good fix for Matsumoto when there's nothing else around....

And I completely agree on the absurd packaging these days. Idiotic blister pack, second plastic tray inside of idiotic blister pack, impossibly entwined twist-ties holding figure to second plastic tray inside of idiotic blister pack, and all of it still means that the accessories will end up flying beneath the refrigerator upon opening.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
By far your best work yet. Keep it up!
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
The instant I saw there were going to be action figures involved, I knew it'd be Daisuke! Anime hyper

Hilarious comic though. I wish I could get an awesome scar like that! Chicks'd dig me then. Cool But then again, I guess I've already got my hako-chan fangirling over my "eyepatch," if some of you from the FF know what I mean Wink

Well, we all know Hako adores you..... ^.~ But, when did you get an eyepatch?? Or did I just forget that part?

Awesome strip, this week. I really like ANNina. She makes me smile with all her crazy otaku antics. Anime smallmouth
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Not a Jellyfish wrote:
Well, we all know Hako adores you..... ^.~ But, when did you get an eyepatch?? Or did I just forget that part?

Well, to try and not go too OT Wink it's in the "everyone talk to each other" thread, probably a few pages back (can't remember exactly). It's basically when we got started on the roleplay, but it was taking over that thread so I decided to move it to it's current thread. Anime smile + sweatdrop
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote
ryoga2pchan wrote:
DuelLadyS wrote:
That reminds me, I need to get Queen Emeraldas on DVD... for the sole purpose of owning an anime that starts with a Q. (then once I get Zegapain, I'll have the alphabet covered. Laughing )

Unfortunately, I don't think "Queen Esmeraldas" was ever available on DVD. At least its not now. In fact there is no R1 anime starting with a Q. Its also the letter I need for the full alphabet and probably will buy just about any anime that comes out if it starts with a Q for that sole purpose.

It's out-of print, but it's out there... here's the Amazon link. It's not prohibitively expensive yet, just more than I want to spend... although I'll probably break down and get it anyway...

(Kind of a familiar pose on the cover there, huh? Do you suppose Nina has this DVD? Laughing )
Serafuku

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:43 am Reply with quote
Oh god that was funny. I laughed. Also, the Bome figure packages are indeed difficult to open. I had to use a knife to release Misty May from her blister package bondage.
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Funny stuff!!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6