• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation licenses Fullmetal Alchemist

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:20 am Reply with quote
Naiomi wrote:

As long as they release a unedited, uncut Japanese with English Subtitles DVD, I'll be satisfied, but if not, let's organize a protest at their headquarters!!

They are. That's been confirmed. So now you can stop complaining, right?

Right?
Naiomi

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:33 am Reply with quote
True, but that doesn't stop my friends Confused My friend China is currently searching for all otaku's neat FUNimations headquarters to raly and maul them.
Blood_rein

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:39 am Reply with quote
That's good or else I would have started. Would it have been possible that Del ray could have gotten rights too?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:45 am Reply with quote
Well that stinks. I enjoy watching FMA, it is a pretty good series.

But oh well, I am still gonna buy it. I just hope they give us a pretty package with the DVD + boxset that is somewhat close to what people in Japan normally get. Like picture books, t-shirts, and posters, you know the cool extras that they get in Japan.

From what I hear, they did a pretty good job with Tenchi GXP, so why the doubt? Tenchi Muyo has a large fanbase in America, and is still popular. FMA has a large fanbase, or at least a growing one that will be large by the time it is released, do you think that FUNi will give less attention to that notion? I don't think so. They already know it is popular, or at least getting towards popularity. And I am pretty sure that they realize that us fans want it uncut and so on. Just the same with Tenchi GXP. And they delivered that promise, of uncut, with Tenchi GXP.

Let's wait before we crit. them, ok?

Last edited by SuperOnizuka on Wed May 12, 2004 9:56 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood_rein

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:50 am Reply with quote
FMA has a growing fanbase here in NC USA. At riverside highschool I think, all I dunno if there is any Tenchi GXP but I know alot of people who love Tenchi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kamui124

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:36 am Reply with quote
well i'm really excited Very Happy that fma is licenses and also that cartoon network is going to air this fabulous show, but the only thing thats worried's me is that funimation is the one that licenses this show i mean they kind of ruined show great shows,specially with the music, Twisted Evil i hoped the uncut part kepts all the original music, opening and endings everything that makes this show great Mr. Green i'm from NC and i loved Hagane no Renkin Jutsushi
Blood_rein

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:40 am Reply with quote
I'm from NC aswell, I can't wait for them to show FMA either, but I disagree on the part about FUNimation screwing it up, they may have screwed up DB but this anime is way better, so they better not screw it up. Or we'll have alot of angry fans.
Naiomi

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:25 am Reply with quote
Or the fans (I bet many people here included) shall band together, get rides down to FUNimation's headquarters and MAUL them.
Blood_rein

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:27 am Reply with quote
Lol....*packs into a van* coming??
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:30 am Reply with quote
Naiomi wrote:
Or the fans (I bet many people here included) shall band together, get rides down to FUNimation's headquarters and MAUL them.

Well, if you think you can take on the fangirls who are *REALLY PLEASED* with Fruits Basket...and myself, who is *VERY MUCH ANTICIPATING* Spiral, in the words of our Wise and Fearless Leader, "bring it on" ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Naiomi

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:31 am Reply with quote
Of course ^-^.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:34 am Reply with quote
Naiomi wrote:

Yeah like that would help the situation. Rolling Eyes

Oooh..let's maul them and get our asses arrested because they licensed a show that I enjoy! Cry for me! Plan therapy sessions! FMA is being licensed by..OMG! FUNimation.

Away from sarcasm, it is only Anime. Entertainment. Something to please the senses. It isn't something that you live on, like food and water. It isn't something that will nourish your body. So stop complaining, stuff happens.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood_rein

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:38 am Reply with quote
SuperOnizuka wrote:
Naiomi wrote:

Oooh..let's maul them and get our asses arrested because they licensed a show that I enjoy! Cry for me! Plan therapy sessions! FMA is being licensed by..OMG! FUNimation.

Away from Sarcasm, it is only Anime. Entertainment. Something to please the senses. It isn't something that you live on, like food and water. It isn't something that will nourish your body. Stop complaining. It happens.

True. Very True, actually I'd prefer FUNimation over any of the other crappy american screw ups.
Naiomi

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quote
Blood_rein wrote:
SuperOnizuka wrote:
Naiomi wrote:

Away from Sarcasm, it is only Anime. Entertainment. Something to please the senses. It isn't something that you live on, like food and water. It isn't something that will nourish your body. Stop complaining. It happens.

True. Very True, actually I'd prefer FUNimation over any of the other crappy american screw ups.

True, they might be better than *shudders* 4Kids enterntainment, but ADV or Tokyopop (Now with Anime Flavor joining Manga flavor )would have been better.
Blood_rein

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Naiomi wrote:
Blood_rein wrote:
SuperOnizuka wrote:
Naiomi wrote:

True, they might be better than *shudders* 4Kids enterntainment, but ADV or Tokyopop (Now with Anime Flavor joining Manga flavor )would have been better.

Tokyopop, yes. But what about Dark horse?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8