• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shiki (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aylinn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
I sympathize with Sunako, but no to the point that I'd say she was right to do this crap. Yeah, I understand he dilemma and I understand that she was being selfish, but when you try to see things from her perspective, it's not too far fetched. I found her to be a very interesting character. Seishin on the other hand... had no reason to sympathize with the Shiki so much.

Well, for me it was mind-boggling that she was in position of leadership. She had no charisma, weak character and was rather stupid. I wonder how she gained it and I would prefer that the author didn't make her a leader, because she thought that it would be cool to have a loli as a leader.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Aylinn wrote:
louis6578 wrote:
I sympathize with Sunako, but no to the point that I'd say she was right to do this crap. Yeah, I understand he dilemma and I understand that she was being selfish, but when you try to see things from her perspective, it's not too far fetched. I found her to be a very interesting character. Seishin on the other hand... had no reason to sympathize with the Shiki so much.

Well, for me it was mind-boggling that she was in position of leadership. She had no charisma, weak character and was rather stupid. I wonder how she gained it and I would prefer that the author didn't make her a leader, because she thought that it would be cool to have a loli as a leader.

Eh, good point. It would've been better to have Tatsumi as the leader. Hell, Seishin even points it out. "Why do you follow Sunako when you're clearly stronger?"

"Ho ho ho! It's not about strength."

...kay Tatsumi. So why did you follow her?!
Ignatz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
He did explain his reasoning. You should rewatch that scene.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
He did explain his reasoning. You should rewatch that scene.

He explains it better in the manga when he's dying. He tells Natsuno that he doesn't follow Sunako out of respect. He's just a nihilist who wants to see the humans and Shiki wipe out each other.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure I remember that line being in the anime as well.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I'm pretty sure I remember that line being in the anime as well.

It wasn't there from what I recall, he just implies that it's out of respect or friendship for Sunako.
Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Tatsumi, Yoshie, and Mr. Kirishiki follow Sunako. The other shikis follow Tatsumi and Yoshie. We have now reduced the problem from "How did Sunako get so many people to follow her" to "How did Sunako get 3 lunatics to follow her?" The second does not necessarily require an in depth explanation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 41 of 41