• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: One Piece

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I know we'll have a couple more weeks in Wano (and probably an obligatory recap), but can we realistically expect to jump into the next arc or will we get our first legit filler arc in some time? I know the anime loves it's slow pacing but it seems like it's really not too far behind the manga at this point.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
I know we'll have a couple more weeks in Wano (and probably an obligatory recap), but can we realistically expect to jump into the next arc or will we get our first legit filler arc in some time? I know the anime loves it's slow pacing but it seems like it's really not too far behind the manga at this point.

I fully expect a filler arc. One Piece always does one after each arc...it's just that Wano lasted so long that it has been years since we got one (not counting movie tie-ins).

On the other hand, the current manga arc could end in literally the next few chapters, so maybe they'll power just through.
light turner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:00 am Reply with quote
I don't mind filler arcs but the anime seems to shy away from them these days. Although now that we have actual ending themes back, maybe that's going to change as well...
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:54 am Reply with quote
Filler is far better than recap, another one next week. Theyve averaged a recap every 5 weeks since last Spring with 9 during this arc almost all of them this year.

On the plus side op and ed are both good at the moment, been a while since we last had a good song and One Piece used to be fairly reliable for them up until the Whole Cake arc.
allnightclerk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:33 pm Reply with quote
WatcherZer wrote:
Filler is far better than recap, another one next week. Theyve averaged a recap every 5 weeks since last Spring with 9 during this arc almost all of them this year

At least the recaps are easy to skip.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:41 am Reply with quote
while we all know that luffy was gonna be an emperor ONCE he defeated kaido, the real question is:

HOW IN THE BLEEPING HOLY HIGH HELL DID BUGGY THE CLOWN BECAME AN EMPEROR OF ALL THINGS?

WatcherZer wrote:
Filler is far better than recap, another one next week. Theyve averaged a recap every 5 weeks since last Spring with 9 during this arc almost all of them this year.

On the plus side op and ed are both good at the moment, been a while since we last had a good song and One Piece used to be fairly reliable for them up until the Whole Cake arc.

considering that the filler featured the ultra luffy fan bartolomeo the cannibal and his plan to increase his reputation ( which was similar to how he and cabbage tried to do that by having him declared the 5th emperor after the whole cake island arc) I have a REALLY BAD feeling that rooster might end up doing something SO VERY VERY STUPID that his actions will end up being his undoing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:49 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
while we all know that luffy was gonna be an emperor ONCE he defeated kaido, the real question is:

HOW IN THE BLEEPING HOLY HIGH HELL DID BUGGY THE CLOWN BECAME AN EMPEROR OF ALL THINGS?

By gathering a a large number of pirates to his cause.
That Little Rapscallion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:26 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

By being one of the strongest and deadliest characters, obviously Laughing
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Buggy's gonna fall ass-backwards into finding the One Piece before this is all said and done, mark my words.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:59 am Reply with quote
Uh oh, next week’s episode is apparently mostly anime-original content, still on Wano. Most manga readers agree that Wano’s epilogue needed a bit more, though, so we’ll see if that’s true.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm an anime-only pleb, but I've heard that the manga had the Straw Hats leave Wano directly after the events of last week's episode. I'm glad the anime stepped back a bit and took the time to give a proper goodbye to the entire Wano cast, some of whom we've known for hundreds of episodes. I'm honestly surprised Oda skipped past that, since he's usually very good at giving the end of a long arc a proper chance to breathe.

(Sadly my "Carrot for nakama" dream seems to be dead and buried. Crying or Very sad )
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
I'm an anime-only pleb, but I've heard that the manga had the Straw Hats leave Wano directly after the events of last week's episode. I'm glad the anime stepped back a bit and took the time to give a proper goodbye to the entire Wano cast, some of whom we've known for hundreds of episodes. I'm honestly surprised Oda skipped past that, since he's usually very good at giving the end of a long arc a proper chance to breathe.

(Sadly my "Carrot for nakama" dream seems to be dead and buried. Crying or Very sad )

im not. its definitely something oda would do!

but the real head scratcher is , why is oda allowing a remake of the series when the current one is STILL ongoing!?

i mean, there have been zero news that toei got replaced by studio WIT whose doing the remake, but this really doesnt make sense at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

Seconding the above post, from my experience with the manga so far, this isn't unusual for Oda, but he'll probably be revisiting the characters in cover stories in the future, like he did with Ace, Hachi, the Baroque Works cast, Eneru, etc.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:31 pm Reply with quote
flamemasterelan wrote:
Top Gun wrote:

Seconding the above post, from my experience with the manga so far, this isn't unusual for Oda, but he'll probably be revisiting the characters in cover stories in the future, like he did with Ace, Hachi, the Baroque Works cast, Eneru, etc.

personally i hope the info is wrong and its actually a new movie thats being done by studio wit which is based off of romance dawn and not an actual remake of the anime series thats currenty ongoing
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:02 pm Reply with quote
The new opening may be the best one yet, I'm genuinely impressed.

The people who thought the animation quality would drop after Wano are, so far, fortunately mistaken. This episode looked pretty darn amazing. Hopefully Toei can keep it up, since this is the final saga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 47 of 49