• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Natsuyuki Rendezvous (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:22 am Reply with quote
ep.10
spoiler[
well with got all happen sure hazuki see himself in snow white casket til it al ghost husband doing so punch the ghost husband.

then some talk ghost husband push hazuki to fall & wake up see notice he now a floating ghost see ghost husband is his body with glasses & hair cut with rokka having rice balls.

some more talk give want body & also ghost husband talk rokka with him to afterlife give hazuki still watching him & oh rokka notice it was ghost husband doing all the things as hazuki just to ask where is hazuki's spirit?

one ep to go.
]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Wow! Hazuki even turned into Shimao now.]
Looks like staying in the sketchbook for too long had some consequences.
spoiler[The whole snow white thing was just weird.
Shimao & Hazuki heart to heart was just no good for Hezuki.
Rokka was enjoying having Shimao back from the dead.
The only loser in the whole situation was naive Hazuki.
Seems like those two switched places.]

I was surprised she even asked about the real Hazuki whereabouts..
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
i cannot wait for hazuki to get his body back
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 10

He is such a good dead husband, saying that he would spoiler[rather kill his wife then lose her again], I think my previous comments on him stick. He really has been quite selfish, but luckily it seems that she has asked for spoiler[where the Hazuki she fell in love with is.] A step in the right direction at the least.

You're right, Shimao has definitely turned from being confused and slightly selfish into utterly reprehensible in this ep. spoiler[The ep11 preview with him holding the scissors was quite shocking], and almost a swing too far for me to buy into. spoiler[We're talking about a guy who wanted her to sign divorce papers before he died, and got rid of all his crap in his room so she could forget. Now suddenly he wants to shank her in the back so they can be a happy ghost couple?]

I dunno, just seems to go against how they've built up the characters and story up to this point. I really hope they avoid depicting a clear hero/villain divide by the end.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Pixelationist wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 10

He is such a good dead husband, saying that he would spoiler[rather kill his wife then lose her again], I think my previous comments on him stick. He really has been quite selfish, but luckily it seems that she has asked for spoiler[where the Hazuki she fell in love with is.] A step in the right direction at the least.

You're right, Shimao has definitely turned from being confused and slightly selfish into utterly reprehensible in this ep. spoiler[The ep11 preview with him holding the scissors was quite shocking], and almost a swing too far for me to buy into. spoiler[We're talking about a guy who wanted her to sign divorce papers before he died, and got rid of all his crap in his room so she could forget. Now suddenly he wants to shank her in the back so they can be a happy ghost couple?]

I dunno, just seems to go against how they've built up the characters and story up to this point. I really hope they avoid depicting a clear hero/villain divide by the end.

No,to me this episode made it pretty clear that while he was alive his rationality not his emotions was telling him that it is better for her to let him go.
Quote:

“I think it’s inconceivable when you’re alive… But you should learn that the feeling of not being able to handle something become overblown if you’re dead. As long as you have a physical body, rationality wins out.”

Now since he has dies the only reason why he "stayed alive " was due to his impulses, his strongest emotions are things that are keeping him going.That is why it might be more correct to say that ghost Shimao is not a real Shimao but Shimao only left in bare state.
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
What sucks the most is that spoiler[he nailed Rokka with Hazuki's body before Hazuki himself did], that's unforgivable man, not cool...
Pixelationist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
So I love the ED theme of this show and fancied listening to it just now, I did a search for anata ni deawanakereba (not directly linking just in case of legal reasons) and hit the vimeo link, and omg... What a surprise! Not quite what I was expecting...

This changes the meaning of the song somewhat. I don't think I can listen to it any more without unsavoury thoughts surfacing.
dan7el

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Poignant final episode. Very satisfying overall, though. I rather enjoyed this series overall.

I wonder if spoiler[ Shimao ever passes beyond the veil or if he hangs out on earth for eternity?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Well I did not enjoy this show as much as I was hoping to, so I gave it a ratting of So-so, I would say some of it on it not being my type of show. I was not a fan of the opening or ending song, which I said in another topic can affect my thoughts, they just created the urge to skip as soon as they started. Actually I honestly do not think I listened to the whole ED song until the last episode, and I found the "everything" and "anything" bits are actually nice, the problem probably was in the designs.

It was not the worst thing I have watched this season, that honor goes to a certain show. I wold say that I did not mind seeing a new episode come out some weeks, but at times it felt like a chore. I guess I also found some of their motivations and decisions confusing, or did not agree with them.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Felt like the story could have been condensed and sped up enough to comfortably fit in a 2 hour film. After Colorful, Literature Girl, Poppy Hill, and others in that vein, it's not completely out of line to think such a thing would be possible, telling this story in 11 episodes stretched it out so thin that playback at 1.5x didn't feel unnatural.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
ep.11 aka finale
spoiler[
well the story has ended seem all works out fine at least.

while hazuki watch rokka confess to her ghost husband she love hazuki give all remember & ghost husband staying with rokka.

give ghost husband will give hazuki his body if rokka go with him yet hazuki trying tell rokka to stay ghost husband seen him back to storybook wonderland with mini heart queen rokka.

after seem like could be "end" but it time to move on so rokka live give one last gifts a bite kiss on neck with cheeks grab & give hazuki his body back.

now hazuki back in body telling storyland with mini rokka then see real rokka mention married.

cue 65 yrs later rokka & hazuki's daughter talking with Atushi's sister now old lady give both rokka & hazuki later pass on mention on shop & room.

& oh rokka & hazuki's grandkid meet ghost husband with ghost husband telling grandkid clean the room & move on.
]
stinknasty344

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:49 am Reply with quote
Does anyone else think that spoiler[ The girl they had was when Shimao had sex with Rokka? That's why he wants the little boy to call him grandpa? I'm thinking it could be true, but also thinking that Hazuki would want a kid with Rokka and they only had one. so there's that.]

Overall though I really enjoyed this series. The pacing was slow but perfect, creating a good amount of suspense. I hate Shimao, but then can understand him at the same time. He's a good bad guy and I really enjoyed his character. I also liked Hazuki and Rokka.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote
Lot of flashbacks and sad feelings..
Looks like Shimao was the one to let go first in the end.
Finally, Hazuki came back! About time too.
Guess it was about time those two lived their lives together.
Nice final episode ^^
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:41 am Reply with quote
Tbh, I thought this series was alright. It wasn't anything special or a smash hit of the Season but ultimately, it's one of those rare little gems that Noitamina threw at us this summer.

Only problem I had was the pacing of the series in the later episodes or rather latter half with a bit too much screen time on Shimao. That, and the spoiler[very ending of the grandson rather than some dramatic moments between Hazuki-kun and Rokka-chan seemed underwhelming to me.]

So ultimately, my feelings for the series is a bit mixed. Well to say the least,spoiler[ I am glad that Hazuki finally got his body back in the finale as Shimao decides to move on and leave them be.] Watching Hazuki-kun struggle in the initiating episodes were a bit painful to watch. Got a "very good" rating from me. Shame it's only 11 episodes but oh well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
In a (much-less-serious-than-death) way, I could relate to Rokka and Atsushi's troubles and hang ups. The constant reminiscing and hesitation shredded my heart, and the catharsis in episode 9... well, I admit I cried too. The characterization was quite subtle, but I feel like I've gotten to know them instead of simply assigning archetypes on them. Now that I've watched the entire show, I can say that I really liked how it approached characterization. It makes me want to watch it again.

However, I would be tempted to skip the scenes involving the storybook world. They felt extraneous as more episodes went by, and they made Hazuki look more like his role was simply to be a catalyst than anything else. If I could, I would wish for Miho to get more screen time instead; she was cool.

Lastly, this show has one of the best "minimally animated" ending credits I've ever experienced. (It's tied with Kurau's for first in my head.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7