• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:58 am Reply with quote
I actually enjoyed this series more then I thought I would, and what I thought was actually funny was that Kosuda actually did get some actual look at what Yamada is actually like. I think it was spoiler[in the hospital she started to get very pushy, lol that must have hurt when she got angry.] I actually ended up enjoying the use of the little chibi 'sex gods', for example when spoiler[Yamada's was giveing directions to a blindfolded Kosuda's], also an interesting use for censoring dureing the grab.

Well it has been 12 episodes and Yamada is spoiler[is yet to have sex is with one person, not that she didn't try, several times in fact in the last episode, which I guess makes it funnier.]

I agree that an OVA might be a good adition.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:40 am Reply with quote
Great series!

Although, I would have liked a more complete ending. Either a spoiler[love confession or them actually going through with the act] would have been good. While it did provide a good amount of closure, it wasn't really enough for me to give it a masterpiece rating - even though that's where it was headed for me. So, it gets an Excellent. Would definitely watch again and again. Should it ever come out in the states, I would purchase it (even though I'd be really embarrassed).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:10 am Reply with quote
I agree with you about the ending, Bento-Box. I guess my inner sap was hoping that Yamada would finally have a moment of clarity and go, spoiler["Hey, it turns out I don't really want 100 sex friends after all - I actually just want one good guy and you're it."] Oh well.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I agree with you about the ending, Bento-Box. I guess my inner sap was hoping that Yamada would finally have a moment of clarity and go, spoiler["Hey, it turns out I don't really want 100 sex friends after all - I actually just want one good guy and you're it."] Oh well.
I don't think she was quite there yet, though she probably isn't too far off, well spoiler[the other episode had her starting to realise that she liked him for being him. Actualy I just had an intersting idea of comparing this to pokemon, at first she wants to 'catch them all', but also gets really attached to her 'first' and also just keeps repeating past mistakes often forgeting stuff she knew before. (insert ball joke)]
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Finally got round to watching the last two episodes...

I think I'd given up hope of a 'firm' resolution about halfway through the series, spoiler[so I wasn't too let down that it didn't really deliver one. That said, the amount of progress made in the last two episodes more than hints that they'll get jiggy with it sooner rather than later.] OVA? Yes please!

Overall, it was good, throwaway fun, and I enjoyed watching it. Some genuine belly laughs to be had, which is what you want from a comedy series. It had its strengths and weaknesses, so I'm giving it a 7/10. Which isn't bad, considering I'm judging on a harsher scale these days!
By_the_Jelly_Beans?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
Looks like this hasn't been updated for awhile so in case someone doesn't realize it this series has been released in the US. Funimation picked it up and released it.

I found the series hilarious and the dub was pretty good in my opinion.

It depends on you're taste if you find it a laugh riot or not. If I would compare it to anything American mainstream it would be American Pie. Yes there is fan service but not as much as you would think.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
This show really impressed me. I also figured it would end entirely unsatisfying and honestly, just picked it up out of boredom, but I gave it an easy 8/10 rating and sometimes consider moving it up even more. Unlike most comedy/ecchi shows, the story progression was marvelous. Just when I was worried that it was going to devolve into a pointless comedy with no plot advancement they would move it a little further. I actually really liked the ending as well. I'm very glad that funimation picked this up. I have it in my wishlist and hope to pick it up in the next couple of months... though, as others have mentioned, it does feel kind of weird buying a teenage sex-comedy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6