• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Berserk (TV 1997).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Berry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I think he meant he wanted a link to the site where you heard the original rumor, so he could see the context himself. I'd like to see it too, just for fun. I'm assuming you didn't hear it on Skullknight, because I think I would have seen it there myself.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:29 am Reply with quote
There's nothing really legitimate about this imformation unless there is some kind of site or magazine article that talks about this.
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
There's nothing really legitimate about this imformation unless there is some kind of site or magazine article that talks about this.

Exactly, so there's really no point in linking to some random forum that I read this on.

I'd like to see the series continued, I just don't expect it. Plus it might be kind of hard to keep it close to the manga with the graphic sexual content, but it could end up more like the first series, toned down a bit.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:16 am Reply with quote
Post anime volumes tell about spoiler[1. Guts travelling around, finding out Casca has gone dumb, having to battle more demons, finding out he had a kid which was demonized by Griffith. 2. Joining up with him is the little fairy, he also battles this demon who was kidnapping this villages kids and turning THEM into demons. 3. He meets this witch hunter who is apparently a masochist, whipping herself and then masturbating, and almost gets herself butt-raped by a demon possessed horse had Guts not saved her. 4. He joins forces with a brat and later a witch in training, and he also encounters Griffith and the "new" Band of the Hawk. 5. He gets his berserk armor. 6. They get involved in the Cushan war. 7. These "holy" men try to burn Casca because they think she's a witch (due to her behavior).]

I just realized this but they're out of order.
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Post anime volumes tell about spoiler[1. Guts travelling around, finding out Casca has gone dumb, having to battle more demons, finding out he had a kid which was demonized by Griffith. 2. Joining up with him is the little fairy, he also battles this demon who was kidnapping this villages kids and turning THEM into demons. 3. He meets this witch hunter who is apparently a masochist, whipping herself and then masturbating, and almost gets herself butt-raped by a demon possessed horse had Guts not saved her. 4. He joins forces with a brat and later a witch in training, and he also encounters Griffith and the "new" Band of the Hawk. 5. He gets his berserk armor. 6. They get involved in the Cushan war. 7. These "holy" men try to burn Casca because they think she's a witch (due to her behavior).]

I just realized this but they're out of order.

And darn it, I loved every page of it. The one problem I see is that I don't think a lot of animation could really do justice to some of the incredible things Miura puts down on a page.

It'd have to have a really big budget and a ton of talented animators to even come in the same ballpark as Miura's recent art.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:26 am Reply with quote
They would also have to find a studio to TAKE ON the project. Trying to make the rest of the series is probably costly, because you've got 16 volumes worth to try and animate. They got vol. 3-14 in what, 26 eps?
GloriousPikachu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:04 am Reply with quote
You can't stop it.
It cuts through everything in it's path.
It will have it's sick and twisted revenge
It will last forever.
It is......STUPID BERSERK SEASON TWO RUMOR #438200485822002353214252646364!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:12 am Reply with quote
GloriousPikachu wrote:
You can't stop it.
It will last forever.

You are actually cracking me up with this one Laughing
But lets face it, unless somebody announces it, don't count on Berserk: Season 2 and that goes for Fruits Basket as well.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:55 am Reply with quote
The closest thing to support the rumor would be his interview on the Berserk DVD, where he says something to the effect that he would like to do a second season. It's been a few years since I've watched this extra, but it is on one of the R1 discs. I think it's the same interview that he mentions that like the Guin novels (100 books) he wants to keep the story going for many years to come. The only other thing that points towards MB wanting to fund more episodes is that the box set is refered to as Season One. Both of these facts are very old news.
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quote
GloriousPikachu wrote:
You can't stop it.
It will last forever.

In a way, perhaps, but none of us here are thinking this rumour is true.

So essentially you kinda wasted that post. We're talking about more Berserk, not expecting it. Why even bother posting here, dude?
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:59 pm Reply with quote
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spoiler[Does it really end like that, with Guts pinned down and Ceska being raped by Grifith. I just finnished eppisode 25 supposedly the last eppisode. Please tell me this isnt how it ends!] Hmm well if it is, great anime series with a compleatly open ending. But Im still pissed that there isnt more to the story. Please tell me that I missed something. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nirvana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
Well, in this case, tspoiler[he beginning is hte end of the anime. I dindt read thsi msyelf, but my friend has told me that Gutz gets rescued by someone and Caska goes off to have Griffith's half demon baby and she forgets Gutz and goes crazy... Anyone else know more? (This might be accurate, I got this info second hand.)]

PS: Do i have to put spoiler tags when he has them in the title?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:44 am Reply with quote
I never have really understood how we do spoilers in a thread, it may be better just to put spoilers on them altogether.
spoiler[Yes, Guts and Casca are rescued by the Skull Knight, and they are taken off to heal their wounds, etc. Casca, due to the trauma of watching all her friends be butchered by the God Hands demons, and being raped by Femto, apparently goes "dumb". She also cannot recognize Guts and now has a disliking for him. This is due to when she had their baby, Guts grabbed it away from her at seeing the horrendous sight of it. And it disappeared. Both Guts and Casca have been branded with the seal of the God Hand, now they will forever see demons until either they die or they defeat God Hand.]
jousha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote
I suggest reading the manga . . . it is worth your while.

As for the ending? Yes, that's how it ends; though some like to argue the ending is the first episode, that is how the anime ends.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quote
The ending is just like any of those other anime's where the endings will have everybody going "What?!" over it. It's a hanger and not a very good one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10