• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation: Fractale Simulcast Returns on Monday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote
I'm glad they got the simulcast back. I mean it doesn't really effect me either way since I still can't watch it, but it's nice to hear regardless.
Miyazawa_Lulu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
@Paploo: you're right, I wasn't defending anyone, just saying that streamed anime is not a very popular way of distribution here yet :3 They tried to start a trend with Fullmetal Alchemist, but I think it didn't have much success, sadly. Not going to blame anyone for that, though, it's always the same discussion and it gets old after a while.

But you're right, our situation regarding licensed anime here isn't as good as in the US (and by good, I mean having a fair number of licensed series with many recent aquisitions, such as Durarara!!), but it's fairly decent: in fact, I own those .hack//SIGN boxes, along with quite a few more (X, Arc the Lad, Chobits, Outlaw Star, Noir, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time... to name a few, and I'm so looking forward to Summer Wars *__*). But sadly, Animax is our last reduct of anime in TV, and there were better times in which the variety of series they offered was much wider, they were more recent and the channel broadcasted ONLY anime, while now anime series co-exist with other types of products (since an anime-only channel wasn't profitable enough, or so they said).

I think the only thing that I don't like much from our licenses is that the public here asks mainly for series out of nostalgia, such as anything Mazinger, Dragon Ball, or Saint Seiya related, and they're our top sellers and the most viewed on TV. Also, authors and manga-kas invited to the biggest convention here also follow the same pattern, and it's those series that get the biggest promotion. But hey, I don't plan on moving out of this country soon, so... ^^u

[/ends off-topic]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote
VDZ wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
While originally I only had mild interest in seeing this show, I'll definitely start watching it this week and support their efforts.

For some reason, I just can't shake the notion that this might just have been something like a marketing trick to achieve this exact result.

Unlikely. How many of the people who jumped ship to fansubs for the second episode are going to return to FUNi's low res streams and adverts? I'm pretty sure they will lose more than they could hope to gain over this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6