• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Soul Eater Anime to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 am Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
Really? Sigh. Between the two I'd rather have Thundercats rerun.

I'd rather it be Sym-bionic Titan since apparently not everyone has seen it when it came on Cartoon Network. For some reason, there are still people who apparaently have only seen this video and not the show and think, "why did Cartoon Network air this?!" I hope it's run on Toonami changed that misconception somewhat.

Besides, just because it's confirmed Sym-bionic Titan is rerunning doesn't it's confirmed Thundercats isn't. I'm merely telling you what was told here.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
StrawHat313 wrote:

A question for anybody who watched this before. Who's the real main character in this show? I know the girl is holding the guy as a weapon, but who does the show tend to focus more on. Or is it that they're both equally main characters. This is a question from a guy who's never seen one episode btw.

Excalibur

Perfect answer.
partysmores

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
partysmores wrote:
They do that so that people will actually tune in to that deadly shonen poison they call Bleach to see the new show promo.

I've honestly lost all tolerance I had with the people in this forum that piss all over anything about Toonami and quite frankly have come to expect much of the criticism about the block in this forum.

If you don't care for or like whatever Toonami does, then at this point it doesn't even matter anymore. Whatever Toonami has been doing, good or bad, hasn't put them in enough of a position that they risk "failing". And that's another thing. I'm convinced this bs about Toonami not succeeding really boils down to the logic where, "they're not doing things the way I want them to do it or I think they should do it, thus they're autromatically failing."

What the hell? I just made a joke about Bleach pretty much being the laughing stock of Toonami. Check Toon Zone or 4chan some time during Toonami when Bleach comes on. I do not piss on everything Toonami. I like ThunderCats, I like Eureka Seven, I like Sym-Bionic Titan, I like FMA: Brotherhood, I like Samurai 7...you get the point.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I remember when FUNi was first releasing Soul Eater and [as] had plans to release 3 new anime on their lineup. Everyone was convinced Soul Eater was one of them and then was substantially disappointed when they learned they were wrong.

This is a great show.. but, like Samurai 7, I already own it on DVD. I have no incentive to watch it on the air. But regardless, it's still one of my favorites and I hope everyone here gives it a shot if they haven't already.

Paper Moon is still my favorite opening song/sequence to an anime that I've seen. Very Happy
Adamb15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:24 am Reply with quote
Someone help me out here.

If this is replacing samurai 7, what's replacing Symbionic Titan, which ends next week, and I think the thundercats which may end as well?
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:28 am Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
Fronzel wrote:
Tylerr wrote:
Watched it, it was alright.

But since AS only airs dubs i won't bother rewatching it.

That's a shame; this has quite a good dub.

In fact, I was so put off by Chiaki Omigawa's performance as Maka I switched to the dub in episode 1 and never looked back. Laura Bailey does a great job.

Yeah i do agree that she had a terrible VA.

i was like WTF? But i pushed through it and i'm glad i did, the dub does not do Excalibur justice. All the other characters were pretty aswell.
Seriously! I love Chiaki Omigawa's voice. It's quirky and adorable.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
Tylerr wrote:
Fronzel wrote:
Tylerr wrote:
Watched it, it was alright.

But since AS only airs dubs i won't bother rewatching it.

That's a shame; this has quite a good dub.

In fact, I was so put off by Chiaki Omigawa's performance as Maka I switched to the dub in episode 1 and never looked back. Laura Bailey does a great job.

Yeah i do agree that she had a terrible VA.

i was like WTF? But i pushed through it and i'm glad i did, the dub does not do Excalibur justice. All the other characters were pretty aswell.
Seriously! I love Chiaki Omigawa's voice. It's quirky and adorable.

Which is why I like her later performances as Hotori in Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru and P-ko in Arakawa Under the Bridge. Her unusual voice really fit those characters, but a serious, even sometimes somewhat dour character like Maka was a bad fit. She was especially bad at providing yells for action scenes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6