• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ginga Kikōtai Majestic Prince (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote
fantastic teamwork once again. I really do hope that second season gets green lit.
Scytalle
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Awesome fight sequence here, and it looks like its only going to get better next episode. I am happy that Izuru hasn't run out there yet, though I know it's going to happen at some point. Give the rest of the team their chance to shine.

I also love how Ange has been completely reduced to random character that shouts and fires guns randomly.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 23

This episode's ending had both Tamaki's and Kei's voices singing the song in duet fashion, which sounded really good.

The stakes keep rising. There was no spoiler[choice but for Izuru to help], but it was handled quite well. I had already theorised they were going to spoiler[ram the space station, The Star Rose, to really take it out], which seems good story wise as we very often spoiler[got shots of it] throughout the show.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I managed to finish this show despite tempting to drop it at one point. For a mecha series though, this was a bit meh for me. Whenever the action picks up though, I find it decent but when it shifts to a more slice of life style, I find it less appealing. As for the series itself, the artwork kinda throws me off as I'm more into the mature style of the earlier Gundam series. Well, I guess the first OP song makes up for that. I was actually happy they played it during the final moments of this episode.

Regarding the finale though, I had to ask myself if there was more left...especially with those final moments. I am glad spoiler[that Izuru survived that battle. It looked like he is heavily injured but survived. At one point during the finale, I think he went into a SEED-like state.] The battle itself was decent though I guess. However, the series itself was kinda meh to me overall.

Rating this: so-so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 24 (final)

The action in this episode was good, it would be a real treat for a HD version as they seemed to go all out, kind of like how I think the series grabbed some attention earlier on. Izuru spoiler[shifts into hunter mode as he struggles by keeping up with his DNA uncle as his body starts to, well die like how he was told not to fight]. Having Kei spoiler[lead a charge to bring him back to his senses, with everyone coming to aid once she manages to and receiving damage trying to break the fight]. We eventually have Izuru spoiler[turn into some opposite version where he gets awesome angel wings], and the fight gets real.

After a few explosions and a cool moment of spoiler[dumping the armour for a nimble strike, we and the whole crew are looking to see if Izuru made. And while the search] we get the nice atmosphere of the first opening song, and when they spoiler[found him I was happy along with them, and all of them calling out to him]. I might have skipped it, but another good part I thought was that Izuru spoiler[broke out of his rage hunting mode by his team mates throwing jabs at him]. I think that really plays into the thing that to spoiler[say such things you really have to care], and seems to have been pretty major in the series.

The rating.... without trying to think too hard, I would rate it a solid Decent. I will be honest and say that I don't think it was that great a lot of the time, the style felt dated, characters could get annoying, and as Stark700 said, in general it had some problems at the slice of life stuff. Perhaps there could have been some work at making the world more interesting. But despite all of that, despite at times wondering if I really wanted to watch this, I had a good time, I would hold interest over the next episode being released and wanted see what happened.

This felt very much like an end, but despite that they left some dangling strings that it is not over yet, there is room for a sequel despite not taking the chance to tease us at the last second. I would probably compare it in some way to how Rinne no Lagrange left me feeling in that regard.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was pretty good overall; it's one of the shows I look forward to every week. There's a hint that the story isn't quite over yet, but we'll have to wait and see if they'll continue it. I wouldn't mind watching a sequel.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote
Just watched the last episode and I'm sad that it's over. Really hoping we'll get another season because I really want to see more. But what a great last episode. For a while I thought that it could only end with spoiler[Izuru's death or with him being presumed dead, but I'm glad that they found him and that we got to see him smile so that we knew for sure that he wasn't dead.]

All in all, considering how much I looked forward to seeing new episodes, how much the characters and all their little quirks grew on me over time and how much I loved the story and all the tiny little revelations that we got as the story progressed, there's only one rating that I can give this show and that's Excellent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6