• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High School DxD New (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
Cenobite451 wrote:
Now taking bets - will Issei's childhood pal end up spoiler[a rook, or a bishop]?

considering what Xenovia said about Irina's faith, I'll go with option C, and that she becomes an Angel, assuming they have a system set in place like the devils do

Last edited by getchman on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't spoiler[Xenobia's] decision to join the devil team a little, I don't know, extreme?

spoiler[She] just meet them, knows there are other factions out there and even if spoiler[God is dead {business as usual though}], losing one's humanity and joining the opposing force is very final.

Well, she certain was having second thoughts.

Still, there wasn't much choice. She knew something she wasn't supposed to know, so returning to the church was out of the question. Joining the fallen angels is obviously not an option so she went with the devil she knew.

Asia sets a pretty good precedent too. I'm glad Xenovia had the sense to apologise to her.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Well, she certain was having second thoughts.

Still, there wasn't much choice. She knew something she wasn't supposed to know, so returning to the church was out of the question. Joining the fallen angels is obviously not an option so she went with the devil she knew.

Asia sets a pretty good precedent too. I'm glad Xenovia had the sense to apologise to her.

Second thoughts are for going with the bagel over toast, this is not something decided on a whim with an afterthought of "then again...".

And neither Asia, Yuto or Issei made for a decent precedent because they all were either dead or dying {Asia was turned against her will, remember? Her choice in the matter was her role of Bishop, not the whole "devil incarnate" thing}. Furthermore, if they're examples then Rias killed Xenovia when she turned her into a Reborn Devil.

On the plus side, she's now immortal. So now instead of just living a regular lifetime where's God's dead, she could get an entire eternity of it.

In a series of magic and monsters, memory magic doesn't exist? She couldn't just leave the game completely? She couldn't reach the decision of "God's death is still part of God's plan... My place is still to fight for righteousness regardless."? And she went with the devil she knew ... for about a week? Whom she swore to join, protect and obey for all of eternity, at the cost of her life and human future?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:34 pm Reply with quote
you bring up a good point. do you need to be dead to become a devil, or can you be living when the change happens?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
And neither Asia, Yuto or Issei made for a decent precedent because they all were either dead or dying {Asia was turned against her will, remember? Her choice in the matter was her role of Bishop, not the whole "devil incarnate" thing}. Furthermore, if they're examples then Rias killed Xenovia when she turned her into a Reborn Devil.

I meant it more in a "follower of God is happy being a demon" way.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't spoiler[Xenobia's] decision to join the devil team a little, I don't know, extreme?

It sounded to me that the spoiler[church might want to get rid of her since what she knew could destroy the entire faith], and through the events she realized that these spoiler[demons are not as bad as she thought]. She also had some experience seeing just how spoiler[hypocritical the church was at using member or forbidden knowledge], and see that both Yuuto and Asia were also used and thrown aside.

A group that includes a kind understanding leader with a loyal number two, two others who went through similar things she did without hating the world, another pretty morally ok who will stand up for her friends, would be a good place to go. The only downside would be that spoiler[she gets headaches from prayers], and Issei is there, although we know that she is going to want his baby or something soon (it is that kind of show).

Also, is it just me or did the queen imply that fell in love with Isei too, I took that to be what she meant when she apologised.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Also, is it just me or did the queen imply that fell in love with Isei too, I took that to be what she meant when she apologised.

Yup, Issei not giving a shit about who spoiler[Akeno's] father is and then attempting to defeat Kokabiel for being mean to her made her realize what a great guy Issei is and is now falling for him
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:07 am Reply with quote
So Issei's current client turns out to be spoiler[Azazel, the leader of the fallen angels.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
EP 7

A jealous Rias was fun to watch. Her brother is a pretty chill character. I didn't remember much about him from the first season. It was a little surprising to see him give spoiler[Issei perverted ideas like using his power on Ria's chest.].

Based on the ending song, it looks like spoiler[another new girl will be soon added to Ria's group.]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quote
That new Opening tells me we get to see spoiler[Koneko's] backstory and possibly spoiler[Akeno's] as well. should be interesting if true

WhiteHairGirls wrote:

Based on the ending song,

dat ending

Last edited by getchman on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
I don't like the new OP song tbh. I thought OP song 1 was more catchier. However, one noticeable thing to take notice of is the face of a new character inserted in there.

Ah the latest episode 7 sure hit hard in the fan service department. (uncensored too!) Lol, that lucky bastard Issei-kun. He got spoiler[Akeno's affections along with Xenovia's willingness to make kids with him]. LOL.

Anyways, I expect plot progression next week with spoiler[Vali].

P.S. Dat new ED song. It's legendary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Ah the latest episode 7 sure hit hard in the fan service department. (uncensored too!)

so was it broadcast uncensored, or do you have access to ATX?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
and Issei is there, although we know that she is going to want his baby or something soon (it is that kind of show).

*link fitting picture*

Episode 7

I really liked this episode, I usually try to stay a little tame with not wanting too much ecchi, but this episode just worked for me. Actually, also connected to something I posted the other time this episode heavily focused on spoiler[Akeno's new attraction to Issei], it was very sexy. Although somehow Issei seems spoiler[blind to the fact that they were fighting over him]. Actually the episode was filled with more harem antics than usual, spoiler[Kiba sounded like he was getting involved at one point, to Issei's] dismay. Even Koneko is saying that spoiler[she is feeling uneasy too, probably place this on the fact the dragon said that it attracts]. So that is the spoiler[entire group down].

Also Rias's Brother totally trolled Issei, well he is a demon after all. For some reason I barely remember him, and also for some reason my interest in this season actually been raised higher than it has in the past, I am actually considering to get the first season now on DVD. I guess that I am a little excited about it looking like the little dragon thing will be making a return.

The new opening was not as the best out of the series so far, but the ED was great, way better than the first one of this season and close to a certain ending involving a pole. Oh, it also seems to imply that spoiler[they will end up with a new female member].

Demon girls rock! Twisted Evil
Wait, I am not losing respect points from people by declaring one of my favourite fetish am I?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Even Koneko is saying that spoiler[she is feeling uneasy too, probably place this on the fact the dragon said that it attracts].

that's not it. He gave her a genuine, non pervy compliment over her spoiler[choice of swimwear], while he was his usual pervy self with the other girls. A very out of character moment for Issei, something that baffles her
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Even Koneko is saying that spoiler[she is feeling uneasy too, probably place this on the fact the dragon said that it attracts].

that's not it. He gave her a genuine, non pervy compliment over her spoiler[choice of swimwear], while he was his usual pervy self with the other girls. A very out of character moment for Issei, something that baffles her

More like she lost the women battle. She doesn't like his perverted side, but she was also the only one that got a normal response. A lose-lose situation for her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10