• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Rides Jetstream to Early Arrival

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:04 am Reply with quote
Cave wrote:

GOD, I love watching the fandub~

We need sarcasm tags Sad

Quote:
You know it was only done by two people?

Yeah, but sometimes I like to think it was one, because I dont like the truth Sad

Quote:
Seems like the are taking out the honorifics - oh no~~ bad idea for any sports anime. T.T Now it's not going to make much of a difference if Momo is Momo-chan, Momo-chan-sempai, Momo-sempai.... Anime cry But that's Viz for you *sigh* Thinks all the people watching are idiots. They give fans no credit whatsoever.

No, it's just keeping suffixes in a dub is generally a retarded thing to do. Not that i've seen PoT but those sorts of things can be worked around.

Quote:
God, every a kindergartener could pronounce the names better. Sasebee, no. Sa-sa-be, yes. Ri-ou-ma, no. Ryou-ma, yes. They completely butchered Momo's first name too, but I can't remember.

English actors vs. Japanese words vs. One take because they're being cheapshits = odd sounding words.

Quote:
And I can't watch it again since I HAVE A MAC THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I was lucky and had a friend over who brought her Windows laptop so I was able to watch it. I'm sorry, but how fekking selfish can you get. This proves my points over and over about Viz. If they actually cared two craps about their fans, maybe the quality of their work would be even semi-decent and you wouldn't have third-rate voice actors mispronouncing the name SASABE! It's not even difficult! If it were Tezuka where they said TeZUka, I could even understand... but Sasabe?

Toonami Jetstream is sort of maintained by Toonami/CN/Time Warner and not Viz. It's not a case of Viz wanting it to be PC only, so don't blame them Wink
DoubleWide

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quote
So far, I've only been able to see Hikaru No Go, MAR & Megas XLR (which I hate with a passion). My page doesn't load properly, even downloading the newest version of Flash didn't help. Tried emailing them, but as yet gotten no response. Perhaps I need IE 7. What is strange, I was able to see the promo videos on Firefox.

I downloaded IE 7.0 beta 3 & Windows Media Player 11.0 beta and still can't watch PoT or Samuari Jack. *SIGH* edited 8/4/06
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6