• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation's Senran Kagura Release Does Not Include OVA Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:18 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Truly the exclusion of some OVA's of a crappy adaption of a crappy fanservice beat-em-up is a cause for great concern.

Christ. The show and game are both braindead pablum anyway.

Now pretend this isn't Senran Kagura we're talking about, but your beloved shota crossdressing shows.

People aren't necessarily defending the show here as much as they're railing against bullshit from FUNi. Your inability to grasp this astounds me, aren't you supposed to be smart?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
tangytangerine wrote:
This kinda reminds of the Anime Classics release of "Is This a Zombie" back in March. No one knew until they started receiving the orders that the BD version was missing the OVA. Meanwhile the DVD that was in the same package had it on the disc. I know that was probably some licensing issue, but it was never mentioned that it would be missing from the BD.
Wasn't that one of those OVAs that only came out on DVD in Japan? Funi can't release HD versions that don't exist if the JP companies don't let Funi create their own.

Of the three OVAs so far, OVA2011 (bundled with the 8th volume of the light novel) and OVA2012b (bundled with the 6th volume of the manga series) both had bluray versions later.
OVA2012a (bundled with the 10th volume of the light novel, chronologically episode 00 of the second series) has still to get such an upgrade.

Not first or last time that happens. For example all OVAs of The World God Only Knows that were originally bundled with the manga, got bluray versions later...
Rainrix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quote
Senran Kagura was terrible so the less we get of it the better.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote
Rainrix wrote:
Senran Kagura was terrible so the less we get of it the better.

One would think that since anime among english speakers is not a mainstream form of entertainment it would be natural breeding grounds for camaraderie or at the very least, a basic understanding that people can and will like things you do not. But the more comments like these I read, the more I think many anime fans are like the guy that sent those letters to thwart kuroko basket, they are little pricks that thrive in schadenfreude.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
There will always be those that aren't happy, if you like something they don't or even something they despise.

It makes them happy to put you down. Just like in real life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6