• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Moe Manifesto

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
@Zac:
The problem is, coming in with the "It's unhealthy/self-absorbed/narcissistic" angle doesn't really add anything to the discussion, other than that you think it's self-absorbed and narcissistic, which is fine, but then don't pretend that you're trying to have a discussion on this and that the people pulling out articles & statistics, providing counter-arguments, and recounting personal experiences aren't.

When you start with "It's unhealthy and self-absorbed," and return everything to "It's unhealthy and self-absorbed," for every argument, it looks like you're only here to talk about how unhealthy and self-absorbed you think this phenomenon is. It's 100% a-ok if that's your perspective, but don't accuse the people who dispute that as not being interested in discussion. That's dismissive.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Timeenforceranubis wrote:
@Zac:
The problem is, coming in with the "It's unhealthy/self-absorbed/narcissistic" angle doesn't really add anything to the discussion, other than that you think it's self-absorbed and narcissistic, which is fine, but then don't pretend that you're trying to have a discussion on this and that the people pulling out articles & statistics, providing counter-arguments, and recounting personal experiences aren't.

When you start with "It's unhealthy and self-absorbed," and return everything to "It's unhealthy and self-absorbed," for every argument, it looks like you're only here to talk about how unhealthy and self-absorbed you think this phenomenon is. It's 100% a-ok if that's your perspective, but don't accuse the people who dispute that as not being interested in discussion. That's dismissive.

You really think "no you" is the best possible argument in every situation, man. Every time; this is #2 in this thread alone. "No it's you who lack empathy" and "no it's you who doesn't want a discussion". It isn't this rhetorical trump card you seem to think it is. You're a smart guy and I respect you but this is super repetitive.

None of that "evidence" was particularly compelling to me, but I did read all of it and took it into consideration. Aside from the statistics - which I've seen before - it's mostly rejecting even the idea that this is a little self-absorbed. There is zero acceptance or admission that any of this is even somewhat unhealthy. Which is why I argue the way I do. What I see is denial. So I keep trying to make my argument, which is probably a waste of time.

When your position is "this is potentially unhealthy and seems rooted in self-absorption" and not a single person on the other side of the discussion even kind of accepts a kernel of truth to that or even seems to hear what you're saying - rather they cast you as a bully and put words in your mouth so they can feel insulted - it's frustrating. I accepted that there could be and obviously have been positive side effects; where's the admission that this at least could be seen, and not unfairly so as a phenomenon of narcissism? It isn't there. There isn't even a good explanation as to why that idea is absolutely wrong, or why nobody will cop to it. Which is why this isn't a discussion. Anything less than positive acceptance and encouragement from me is seen as evil bullying and a sign that I lack basic human empathy.

So we're all talking past eachother and nobody's listening anyway.
Hektor6766

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
The moe term is so undefined and insubstantial, I'm not even going to bother commenting on it. I still don't know if we're talking about evocation, manipulation, Socratic Celestial Love, big-eyed lolis, interactive game characters, goddesses on call, inter-relational commitment and support, or retrogressive waifu. Consequences from such a nebulous concept can be positive or negative. The comments already, not surprisingly, are all over the map from aberrant psychology to global macroeconomics.

merr makes an excellent point, although I think the differences between Japan and the West regarding success, failure opportunity and the impoverished are less pronounced than he/she claims. Ganbaru is used a lot in Japanese culture, and the "poverty is the fault of the impoverished" meme suppresses second-chance success in the West.
moepig

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Your explanation (and certainly TEAnubis' explanation which I think I've heard approximately 700 times now) isn't new to me. It isn't a perspective I haven't heard before - in fact it's the most repeated "take" on the subject I've heard over the last decade or however long this has been a thing.

What I said was directly in response to someone who is clearly a true believer on this matter coming in and telling everyone that 1. this is perfectly healthy and helps people and 2. don't ever raise questions about it or express your concerns about this lifestyle with anything other than deference, positivity and acceptance, otherwise you're a mean stupid bully who doesn't get it and is victimizing us.

I expressed how I feel about "waifuism" pretty plainly, laid out the mental health issues at play, why retreating into fantasy isn't a particularly good way to grow as a person, and then left it at that. I didn't call any names, I didn't victimize anyone, I didn't subjugate anyone or try to force anyone to change their lifestyle, but the way some of you argued against me, it's like simply having the opinion I did was somehow doing all that and more. Like it's dangerous and mean and abusive for someone to say "this doesn't seem healthy, here's why". If you're that fragile about your lifestyle choice, why are you going into a discussion thread, insisting it's 100% A-OK and nobody should question it ever, and then proclaim that everyone who takes issue with it is a mean bully who lacks basic human empathy? You do understand that people are going to take issue with that in particular and push back against it, right?

If I'd said "what a bunch of stupid neckbeard losers" like you tried to claim earlier, then maybe I'd get the outpouring of "you're mean and you don't understand us!!" but this seems like an overreaction to someone having an opinion that you don't agree with. I do understand "waifuism", it isn't a particularly complicated concept. Being told I don't get it because I don't share your view of it is just another "you don't agree with me so you're intellectually inferior and objectively wrong" internet posturing thing and it's disappointing that you still apparently can't have a conversation about this subject at all without it immediately turning into "you're bullying me! you don't have any empathy!". Doesn't matter what I say - you're not interested in a conversation or a debate, you just want me to parrot your opinion, celebrate your lifestyle, make you feel good about it and walk away. Any language other than that is verboten, apparently.

By all means, live whatever lifestyle you want. My opinion on the matter doesn't change anything and doesn't impact you beyond having read something you don't agree with. I don't think people who subscribe to this lifestyle are a danger to others, and they'll keep doing what they're doing regardless of what I or anyone else says about it on the internet.

But don't pretend like you want to actually have a discussion about it, because you clearly don't.

It's astonishing just how many words it takes you to say "I'm not a bully, guys!" I never said you were, and I never said that you personally mock people with waifus as pathetic virgin weeaboo neckbeards. All I said was that it's condemned by society and such scorn is a common occurrence.

Zac wrote:
You really think "no you" is the best possible argument in every situation, man. Every time; this is #2 in this thread alone. "No it's you who lack empathy" and "no it's you who doesn't want a discussion". It isn't this rhetorical trump card you seem to think it is. You're a smart guy and I respect you but this is super repetitive.

None of that "evidence" was particularly compelling to me, but I did read all of it and took it into consideration. Aside from the statistics - which I've seen before - it's mostly rejecting even the idea that this is a little self-absorbed. There is zero acceptance or admission that any of this is even somewhat unhealthy. Which is why I argue the way I do. What I see is denial. So I keep trying to make my argument, which is probably a waste of time.

When your position is "this is potentially unhealthy and seems rooted in self-absorption" and not a single person on the other side of the discussion even kind of accepts a kernel of truth to that or even seems to hear what you're saying - rather they cast you as a bully and put words in your mouth so they can feel insulted - it's frustrating. I accepted that there could be and obviously have been positive side effects; where's the admission that this at least could be seen, and not unfairly so as a phenomenon of narcissism? It isn't there. There isn't even a good explanation as to why that idea is absolutely wrong, or why nobody will cop to it. Which is why this isn't a discussion. Anything less than positive acceptance and encouragement from me is seen as evil bullying and a sign that I lack basic human empathy.

What, you're backpedalling from "it's unhealthy because I say so" to "b-b-but it's possible that it's unhealthy, why won't you accept that"? We have long since agreed that anything taken to an extreme has that potential (which, by the way, is a worthless truism that applies equally to real relationships). Perhaps if you'd actually read this thread you'd see that. Instead you've done nothing but spout armchair psychology, strawman arguments and projection (actual projection, not whatever you seem to think it is). You've ignored almost every post directed at you. You say we aren't here to discuss? I say "no, you".

With that, I'm done here. Feel free to have the last word.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote
moepig wrote:
I never said that you personally mock people with waifus as pathetic virgin weeaboo neckbeards. All I said was that it's condemned by society and such scorn is a common occurrence.

You said I implied it and then tried to have the "conversation" from that angle.

Quote:

that does not make one a pathetic virgin weeaboo neckbeard loser to be demonized, and to imply that people with a waifu are such is downright offensive.

Said in direct response to me, complete with pearl-clutching offended tone and victimhood status. You apparently don't remember what you said very well.

Quote:

Perhaps if you'd actually read this thread you'd see that. Instead you've done nothing but spout armchair psychology, strawman arguments and projection (actual projection, not whatever you seem to think it is). You've ignored almost every post directed at you. You say we aren't here to discuss? I say "no, you".

With that, I'm done here. Feel free to have the last word.

OK forums user 'moepig'. Have fun going door to door trying to convince people that adults having imaginary lovers based on regressive fantasies of subservient women is a healthy way to deal with social anxiety.

What a productive conversation this has been, and somehow it managed to get completely derailed by having one or two people not fall in complete lockstep with the moe militarism crowd. Funny how that always happens.
Draneor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Aside from the statistics - which I've seen before - it's mostly rejecting even the idea that this is a little self-absorbed. There is zero acceptance or admission that any of this is even somewhat unhealthy.

It's an issue of priors. IMO,

#1 Nothing wrong with being self-absorbed at times in the privacy of your own home provided it doesn't harm others.

#2 I only consider behavior "unhealthy" when it harms someone other than yourself.

Obviously, you disagree. We don't all share the same moral foundations (perhaps Haidt's Moral Foundations Theory is relevant).

More to the point, from these discussions, what I don't think you're getting is this.

For me, it's not about other people being flawed nor do I look at them through "Holden Caulfield-esque bitterness aimed at everyone around you." I genuinely like other people: flaws and all.

What it is about is me being irredeemable flawed from birth and learning to cope with that. While I am very aware of my flaws, I still desire friendship--to be liked--to be loved. To at least pretend to be who I always wanted to be. Escaping into fictional worlds is the sole reason I have survived as long as I have. Judge if you must, but I made the choices I did because of the life I had to live. The same is, of course, true for every other person on the planet. Most of whom, I'm more than willing to acknowledge, had it worse than I do.

So we're back to harm. Watching anime harms no one and keeps me alive. I wish you wouldn't look down on that, but I can't stop you.

Zac wrote:
When your position is "this is potentially unhealthy and seems rooted in self-absorption" and not a single person on the other side of the discussion even kind of accepts a kernel of truth to that or even seems to hear what you're saying - rather they cast you as a bully and put words in your mouth so they can feel insulted - it's frustrating.

I'd argue it's not personal--more it's because of a sense of lack of respect--which sometimes turns into mocking--towards fans from both the anime media and the industry. You want our money (eyeballs, etc) but don't actually like us. How it goes, I guess.

Honestly, I can even kind of see where you're coming from (you usually deal with the most vocal fans--who are often not the nicest of people just by the nature of who comments). Sometimes, I get frustrated with my customers too. But it can be kind of off putting when all that stuff is public, you know?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:

#1 Nothing wrong with being self-absorbed at times in the privacy of your own home provided it doesn't harm others.

#2 I only consider behavior "unhealthy" when it harms someone other than yourself.

Obviously, you disagree. We don't all share the same moral foundations (perhaps Haidt's Moral Foundations Theory is relevant).

I don't disagree with either of these things. Everyone is self-absorbed to a degree, absolutely, and waifuism in theory hurts no one. You're right about that; my response wasn't an attack on the entire concept, it was a response to being told that it's healthy and helps people and really has no negative effects at all (and that everyone who thinks thusly is a bully and lacks empathy).

I do think the personality side effects that could result from gleaming self-confidence from an echo chamber of your own imagination could potentially harm others, but we're getting into root causes of destructive attitudes and antisocial behavior and that's a larger discussion.

Quote:

For me, it's not about other people being flawed nor do I look at them through "Holden Caulfield-esque bitterness aimed at everyone around you." I genuinely like other people: flaws and all.

I can appreciate that, and thank you for saying as much. Most of my interactions with people who subscribed to the idea involved a sense of personal superiority on their behalf. The 2D>3D thing. I've seen that everywhere, and if it isn't rooted in outright hatred for women who can think for themselves, it's based in deep egocentrism that the world isn't good enough. Maybe these are all edge cases but it is the majority of the attitudes I've seen from people who are really in to this.

Quote:

What it is about is me being irredeemable flawed from birth and learning to cope with that. While I am very aware of my flaws, I still desire friendship--to be liked--to be loved. To at least pretend to be who I always wanted to be. Escaping into fictional worlds is the sole reason I have survived as long as I have. Judge if you must, but I made the choices I did because of the life I had to live. The same is, of course, true for every other person on the planet. Most of whom, I'm more than willing to acknowledge, had it worse than I do.

So we're back to harm. Watching anime harms no one and keeps me alive. I wish you wouldn't look down on that, but I can't stop you.

Escaping into fictional worlds is something most everyone does to take the edge off. You explain it in very relatable and reasonable terms that anyone could understand, and on the level you're talking about here, I fully agree. But enjoying the escapism of watching anime and getting involved in the worlds it allows you to imagine yourself in is very different from deciding that one of the characters in the show is your girlfriend who you have a special relationship with.

I don't look down on anyone for watching anime. I think deciding that real women are too difficult to deal with and instead escaping fully into a fantasy where an anime character is your girlfriend who does nothing but encourage you, and is subservient to your whims and sexual desires, could potentially really screw up your head. Based on plenty of the reactions I've seen from people who embrace the idea, it has screwed up plenty of heads and has resulted in some really toxic attitudes toward women, toward society and the world in general. "2D>3D because it's easier to handle and never questions or challenges me" isn't a healthy way to deal with adulthood. That obviously isn't who you are, and you're one of many examples where the idea isn't taken to that level, but that level is what I'm reacting to.

Quote:

I'd argue it's not personal--more it's because of a sense of lack of respect--which sometimes turns into mocking--towards fans from both the anime media and the industry. You want our money (eyeballs, etc) but don't actually like us. How it goes, I guess.

When you proudly wave your freak flag, people sometimes laugh. They ask questions. They express concerns. Sometimes they aren't very nice about it, sometimes they inadvertently insult you. A lot of the time they don't understand - or they do, and they don't come to the same conclusions you do. It's all part of the risk of telling people something like that, something private.

The expectation that you can tell someone every last thing about your private life - your sexual fetishes, your fantasies, everything - and they're going to react with nothing but warmth, empathy, respect, celebration and encouragement isn't realistic.

Quote:

Honestly, I can even kind of see where you're coming from (you usually deal with the most vocal fans--who are often not the nicest of people just by the nature of who comments). Sometimes, I get frustrated with my customers too. But it can be kind of off putting when all that stuff is public, you know?

I do think, especially after this exchange with you, that people like me, who feel the way I do about it, would do a lot more good by simply saying nothing except in the most extreme cases. It isn't like my opinion on the issue isn't known by most people coming here to discuss it, and talking about adult emotional development never really seems to take the conversation anywhere anyway.

You've heard my opinion and me saying "hey, this isn't healthy" over and over again isn't going to change anything, so I should probably just stay out of it and simply make sure the conversation doesn't get too heated as administrator of this forum. If anything, that is what I'll take away from this.

Thank you for taking the time to explain your view in a manner that at least left some emotional space in there for me to exist in the conversation without being branded a bully.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
EvilTaxi wrote:

Hate to break it to you, kid, but the world is not fair. Never has been, never will be. Everyone who doesn't follow along is essentially dead weight and will be either kicked to the curb completely or given just enough platitudes to give them the illusion of happiness.

Have any of you tried to, I don't know, see a psychiatrist? I'm pretty sure they're well versed in treating anxiety and other social disorders, or at least know which pills help with that.

Not sure what the public has to say about a person's private life. You normally never see people tout their waifus and husbandos in public unless it's some anime festival. Honestly, I have had it with what the 'rest of the world' thinks. I think people can live honest and healthy and balanced life in their own terms. Some people can get by with the 'normal' ways of life but not everyone can.

And I don't really believe in using pills as it can wreck the hormonal balances and make emotional issues more severe. And psychologists are not cheap either (and yes, I have tried a few).
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of the whole 'it may be selfish' talk, maybe it can be though I don't think it's a hugely negative thing. It's not like you are really impacting anyone other than yourself and being into moe doesn't mean you automatically castigate real life relationships. I think people are getting combative about it because there's always this talking down to people who are into moe like there's no other way of viewing it. I believe you can be a well adjusted and healthy adult being into almost any kind of a hobby subset and it really depends on the character of the individuals, not really as one subset of a fandom indicative of some sort of directly causal deficiency or inability.

Not to mention that not everyone who 'escapes' into fantasy do so out of luxury. It can be tough, getting through a harsh day, mingling with people you don't like, having a slate of bad luck or bad experiences socially. I think it sure as hell beats flat out depression at least. Speaking from experience anyway.
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I dunno, I've had a few really bad relationships myself. At least you know your waifu will never cheat on you or anything. I imagine people can get pretty sick of relationships and in the end decide it's just not worth it and stick to self-pleasure and fantasy. Lot less drama and stress and for what end? Not everyone needs validation of their own lives through other people on a romantic level.
Timeenforceranubis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Your "no, you" thing is irrelevant when I've demonstrated how the people you're talking about are trying to conduct a discussion. If you don't find what they're saying compelling, that's cool and the Gang, but you can't say they're not trying to have a discussion.

Also, this isn't taking turns, Zac. It's not, "I admitted you're a bit right, so now you admit I'm a bit right." This is a discussion. Perhaps they don't find your arguments compelling, or they think you're just plain incorrect, or they find the point that this phenomenon is unhealthy and narcissistic irrelevant. You accepting parts of their arguments doesn't require them to accept parts of yours (Even though, from what I've seen, people are accepting the potential for 2D relationships to become unhealthy.).

Here's my thing: Plenty of things plenty of us do can be considered "unhealthy." I probably drink way too much lemonade than is "healthy" for me, but I still do it because lemonade tastes amazing. Saying that something is unhealthy doesn't say much about it. Likewise, plenty of us do things that can be considered narcissistic, and that often depends more on the observer's perspective.

Here's the rub, though: Is it healthier to form a romantic connection with a fictional character, or to put oneself out into the dating world and face constant rejection from the opposite sex, breaking you down bit by bit? Because that seems to be what a lot of these people are facing.

That's what I'm talking about when I say a "lack of empathy." It's this focus on how it's "unhealthy" and "self-centered" when the alternatives (Loneliness and constant rejection) might very well leave that person worse-off emotionally and psychologically.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Here's the rub, though: Is it healthier to form a romantic connection with a fictional character, or to put oneself out into the dating world and face constant rejection from the opposite sex, breaking you down bit by bit? Because that seems to be what a lot of these people are facing.

The correct response is "examine why you are failing romantically and improve yourself" but nah, that takes effort.

Your entire argument is literally "I'm going to put forth zero effort in the dating game but demand women party attention to me anyway, and when they obviously don't WAIFU TIME"

Like I don't think that's what you're intending to say but that's what you come off as.
Draneor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
The 2D>3D thing. I've seen that everywhere, and if it isn't rooted in outright hatred for women who can think for themselves, it's based in deep egocentrism that the world isn't good enough. Maybe these are all edge cases but it is the majority of the attitudes I've seen from people who are really in to this.

My personal opinion of the whole "2D>3D" is. #1 it original started as a joke, #2 I read the arguments of people stating the joke was offensive, #3, they were right, and #4 so I stopped. I think, living in the world we do, we all inherit certain--biases. Sometimes they do need examined and challenged by others. Certainly, I have not been perfect. Similar example from gaming is the whole "that's what she said" (which IMO was never funny).

I'm not gonna defend anyone that seriously believes it though. It's one thing to have a preference (nothing wrong with preferring to be single if you want to) and another to use that to hate actual human being.

Quote:
Based on plenty of the reactions I've seen from people who embrace the idea, it has screwed up plenty of heads and has resulted in some really toxic attitudes toward women, toward society and the world in general. "2D>3D because it's easier to handle and never questions or challenges me" isn't a healthy way to deal with adulthood. That obviously isn't who you are, and you're one of many examples where the idea isn't taken to that level, but that level is what I'm reacting to.

We could quibble about whether the attitudes existed prior to, were amplified by (and if so, by how much?), or caused by anime culture, but I don't deny some people like that exist and probably need help (or stopped when if it causes harm to others). I don't think it's most, but I also don't really want to argue about it either.

Zac wrote:
The expectation that you can tell someone every last thing about your private life - your sexual fetishes, your fantasies, everything - and they're going to react with nothing but warmth, empathy, respect, celebration and encouragement isn't realistic.

This is, of course, correct. I filter discussion of my hobbies to people who are interested in it. While I have no doubt some people lack appropriate social filters, I think most are generally good at it. OTOH, this is a anime news website and ANN does report on all kinds of anime (and anime goods). I think it's kind of expected that, if you run an article like this, some of your readers might think it's pretty neat to celebrate an anime character's birthday. Others probably don't.

Zac wrote:
I do think, especially after this exchange with you, that people like me, who feel the way I do about it, would do a lot more good by simply saying nothing except in the most extreme cases.

I'd certainly agree when people are using their hobbies/fantasies to harm and/or demean others they've gone beyond the line of "tolerance" and there is nothing wrong with calling them out for that. I just think we live in a world were most of the extreme cases are the vocal ones.
Rextyn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote
As loathe as I am to get into this since I don’t really have a proverbial dog in this hunt and am for the most part a “live and let live/do what you need to do” sort of person. I won’t get into any of the other issues that have been hashed out since they’ve already been discussed. And all of the following comments are presented in what I consider to be good faith.

The part that I have a hard time getting past is the “well it doesn’t impact anyone else so who cares” defense. On a surface level, fair enough. Do what you gotta do. But digging deeper, entertainment media (anime, video games, movies, etc) and the surrounding culture don’t exist in a vacuum. From an outside perspective this all seems to be enshrining an “ideal" of women (who are real human beings and do exist and have rights) which is very regressive - passive, no agency, don’t need to take their point of view seriously since they live to entertain men, etc. And that can absolutely impact the wider “real world" culture. These are points of view that already actually exist in society to the detriment of half of the population.

Put bluntly, as an observer, I have a hard time separating (and am willing to be corrected) the whole stated “we’ve internalized the media we consume and like our entertainment women a certain way so get lost and leave us alone” mindset of the waifu culture from the very real angry mobs that come out of the woodwork to actually harass/attempt to shout down actual women (or men who are perceived to agree with them) who critique media in a way that threatens their point of view. I’ve seen it happen on the ANN forums and I’ve seen it happen all over the internet in different contexts. On one hand, I see angry mobs of men lashing out at real people (and ongoing positive social change) in an attempt to maintain the regressive status quo in their media of choice. On the other hand, I see folks honestly wanting to do their thing and be left alone.

So, in good faith, work this out for me. Really. It is terribly difficult as an open minded individual to not connect these two phenomenons.
rockman nes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Timeenforceranubis wrote:

WOW... You seem to have an incredibly narrow view of dating dude...
OF COURSE not everyones going to like you. You just have to learn to accept rejection and move on. You are not the only person who gets rejected (even completely sociable, physically attractive people get rejected. Just look at Robin Thicke). It's almost like people's perception of you vary from person to person.

In a planet of over a billion, if you seriously think there's not ONE person out there willing to give you the time of day, then you truly are lost TEAnubis.

You're essentially giving up on yourself and the world when you subscribe to this moe girlfriend lifestyle (atleast, that's how I see it)

Better start believing in yourself, because no one else will do it for you
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7