• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime tattoos?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Hey! A Birthday Massacre fan! Awesome! *high five*

I didn't notice that since I was far back at their show. Anime cry

Anyway, I thought about getting an anime tat. I can't think of one at al. If I was to be safe I'd go with the rose symbol from Utena.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Whoa she must be a Sailor Moon fan^^ It's Hotaru!
Mistress9
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Wow the Birthday Massacre person's Hotaru tattoo is very awesome. I plan to get a Wickedlady/Blacklady tattoo From Sailor Moon eventually. She is my all time favorite Sailor Moon character and is usually my online handle so it will have double meaning. (it was taken when I sighned up for these boards.)

Anyways back more on topic. Here is a few pictures of my one and only (so far) anime Tatty. Its based off fan art of the Ouran twins, who I love so very much. Enjoy everyone. I got this one in late Feb 08.

Screw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:14 am Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Glad to see people are still discussing Ink and Anime. Well, this is my latest addition....about 2 months ago.
Ryofu Housen from Ikki Tousen.

the image looks a little out of proportion because of where the tattoo is and the curves on my skin, so pics tend to make it look strange..
carolsama

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:18 am Reply with quote
That's my tattoo... This is the lovely bitting cat: Kamineko from Azumanga Daioh.

Hope you guys like!
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:35 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I'm also planning to get another tattoo inspired by a manga. There's a quote in Imadoki! by Watase Yuu that I just love "a cherry blossum is a cherry blossum, and plum blossum is a plum blossum. They are both different, but beautiful. Everything blooms according to it's nature" (or something close to that, I don't feel like pulling it out and being exact). I think it's a really lovely way of expressing acceptance and so I'm hoping to get something off it when I have the money to do so.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

The reason for this is that I just got this tattoo done on Thursday and wanted to share it. As I said above, it's inspired by the above quote from Imadoki! The flowers are a sakura/cherry blossom and a dandelion. The reason for the latter is because it's the name of the main character of Imadoki, plus I like dandelions, but mainly because plum blossoms actually look a fair amount like cherry blossoms.

True, it's not quite as anime-inspired visually as my wings, but this idea came more from manga than that one, because I came up with the idea for wings before getting into anime (but X definitely let me decide what type of wings to get).

Anyway, here is the picture. It's on my left leg, right above my ankle.

Note: this picture was taken less than 24 hours after getting the tattoo, so the colours aren't exactly what they'll be once it's healed (they should become brighter).
gasteropod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Screw, I really like your Rei one. Smile
Hajime99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow, you guys are intense. Couldn't imagine ever gettin an anime tattoo
Nandeyanen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:41 am Reply with quote
Personally I don't think I'd get a tattoo (shudders at the thought of what the tattoo'll look like on wrinkled, 75-year-old skin), but it'd be awesome to see someone with a Hell mark (from Jigoku Shoujo) on their chest/back/wherever. Probably not so awesome for them, because that'll mean that they're going to Hell, at least according to the anime Razz
Screw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quote
gasteropod wrote:
Screw, I really like your Rei one. Smile

Ahh, thanks much. ...it was a tough design to work around because of how much white was in the original pic.

Rei.....<3<3<3<3
nick0991

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote
In April when I'm 18 I'm getting the words the boondock saints on there hands on my bicep with a celtic cross between them. im also getting a heartagram on the back of my neck (HIM is my favorite band and if it wasn't for there music i might be dead. long story) A angel on my other bicep for my aunt who died. I have a surgical scar on my right for arm that looks like a zipper so im getting the head of a zipper right above it.

back on topic. I'd maybe get a Geass symbol on my wrist with CC in cursive under it cause my best friends initials are C.C.C.(funny i know) But in all seriousness i'd consider it because she has made me into the person i am today.

if it obvious i aint gonna get a desk job. i'd rather be a fry cook than kiss up to some a-hole for 20+ years. Basicly my carrier choices will be halved for when i graduate this summer. Very Happy
Lirin-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:18 am Reply with quote
Hey i admire you all for having the courage to get a tattoo Smile they are alll very good i like most of them Smile
Screw is one of yours tattoos from Kite? the girl with the gun?
i dunno if im right or not xD Embarassed
Screw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Lirin-Chan wrote:
Hey i admire you all for having the courage to get a tattoo Smile they are alll very good i like most of them Smile

HAHAHA!!!!! WOW yes you are right and the first one to recognize her!!

Sawa, the child assassin. Kite and Kite Liberator are cool animes though KITE is pretty hard core. Monica from Liberator is super cute.

It's kind of a dark picture and a cool story that goes along with that tattoo. I got it on a friday night in october of 07. I was playing in a local band then and had a gig the next night. Not earth shattering but i stood at my dad's for the weekend because my neighbor was getting forcefully evicted and i chose not to stick around for the show
So there i was on stage the next nigh jumping around like a nut not realizing my new INK was bleeding like crazy !!! i didn't notice till the 3rd set!!!!!!!! haha....but i couldn't get any treatment for it till 3:30 am sunday morning when i finally got to my dads after the gig.

The scene that tattoo comes from is when she is pointing the gun at her, um, friend? fellow assassin? whoever the young guy was with her there. ..they were talking about life and she was trying to make a point.
Midi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I doubt that I'll ever get it, but I think it'd be cool to have Fai from Tsubasa's tattoo.

Isn't it pretty? :

[scanlation sites not allowed]
Lirin-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Screw wrote:
Lirin-Chan wrote:

HAHAHA!!!!! WOW yes you are right and the first one to recognize her!!

Sawa, the child assassin. Kite and Kite Liberator are cool animes though KITE is pretty hard core. Monica from Liberator is super cute.

It's kind of a dark picture and a cool story that goes along with that tattoo. I got it on a friday night in october of 07. I was playing in a local band then and had a gig the next night. Not earth shattering but i stood at my dad's for the weekend because my neighbor was getting forcefully evicted and i chose not to stick around for the show
So there i was on stage the next nigh jumping around like a nut not realizing my new INK was bleeding like crazy !!! i didn't notice till the 3rd set!!!!!!!! haha....but i couldn't get any treatment for it till 3:30 am sunday morning when i finally got to my dads after the gig.

The scene that tattoo comes from is when she is pointing the gun at her, um, friend? fellow assassin? whoever the young guy was with her there. ..they were talking about life and she was trying to make a point.

oh wow...yaaay i thought it was her cause of the earings Very Happy
haha yay im smart:P
thats pretty hardcore the bleeding xD but i mean you had to act like a nut Very Happy i love concerts and gigs and anything that is with music Very Happy
but getting back onto the topic it is quite nicely done Razz looks exactly like her
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8