• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
An interesting point to add to that is the Amerian revolution is where the world of Geass deviats from our history. Where Britain ended up retaining the control instead of America gaining inderpenance.

Actually, human society depicted in Code Geass split way back around Caesar's time. Indeed, the universe itself was never part of our own. In their dimension nuclear fission is significantly retarded (especially regarding the ease of propagating the chain reaction), and they have sakuradite and Geass, both of which we don't have. All three would rely on the fundamental laws of the Code Geass universe being different to our own.
Well I just read that one of the main changes was that the English Empire didn't stop growing, though England itself ended up being taken by the EU and America becoming the Britanian homeland. Still I would realy like to see more on C2 the fact that her Geass made spoiler[people love her] realy made me think that there is quite a lot more to the character interesting.
mrcuteguy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know the name of C.C ?
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Ah dubbing. Some view it as the completion of an anime, while others see it as the Second Coming of Sephiroth. Whatever the case, one of the most popular is definitely Bandai's dub for the two Code Geass anime seasons.

I personally find the dub mediocre, but now that Funimation has the license to the franchise, I would really like them to dub the Akito the Exiled OVAs. With Britain's release of the first two episodes planned for December, such a dub is becoming increasingly likely (though I hope they don't pull an Escaflowne and re-dub everything because most of the voice actors are still in business). So I was wanting your predictions/desires as to who will play who in the series.

I've actually made a list for predictions on every single major speaking role, but I set some ground rules for myself. First, all actors have to have a good-enough relationship with Funimation to where they can go ahead and record without possible scheduling conflicts in California. Second, they must not have acted in the original series if voicing a new character, so no one like Travis Willingham, Vic Mignogna, Laura Bailey, and Bryce Papenbrook. Third, only one actor per character. And Fourth, if any character from the original series appears, their role shall be reprised, which is definitely possible since there are only four of them, meaning the cost won't be too much. For the sake of space, I'll only give the really major ones.

Micah Solusod as Akito Hyuga

Trina Nishimura as Leila Malcal

Mike McFarland as Ryo Sayama

Aaron Dismuke as Yukiya Naruse

Cherami Leigh as Ayano Kosaka

Eric Vale as Shin Hyuga Shaing

Brina Palencia as Jean Rowe

Monica Rial as Anna Clement

Kent Williams as Gene Smilas

Ian Sinclair as Claus Warwick

Jason Liebrecht as Oscar Hamel

Todd Haberkorn as Ashley Ashra

Austin Tindle as Johanne Fabius

And of course:

spoiler[Johnny Yong Bosch as Julius Kingsley

Yuri Lowenthal as Suzaku Kururugi

Kate Higgins as C.C.

Spike Spencer as Rolo Lamperouge
]

Feel free to add your own, or to ask questions on mine. Also, you can make up your own rules or use none at all; I don't mind.
GeassedbyLelouch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Now that the third and final of the new Code Geass movies has been released (in Japanese theaters), it's a good opportunity to address the great debate which has surrounded the anime for over a decade: Lelouch, dead or alive?

For those who are unaware, there are several fan theories which assume that Lelouch has gained immortality at the end of the show and thus survived his death. But is this theory what actually happened or is it tinfoil?
Therefore a compilation of all the information we have has been made: all the official statements, from old interviews to very recent tweets, the official guide book, live commentaries, the new epilogue from the official ZR movie blu-ray, etc.
Additionally, code theory's points have been scrutinized to see how they hold up against these official statements and against the anime itself.

The resulting text is quite large, as there is a lot of official information about Lelouch's fate, and code theory has a lot of various points, and the compilation text is as thorough and complete as possible.
The text is, however, well worth reading for all Code Geass fans.
You can find the full text here.

For those who want a TLDR:
- Lelouch has been officially confirmed dead many, many times
- There have been interviews where the creators have explicitly denied some key points of code theory
- Code theory is contradicted by the anime itself as it violates the lore of the anime.
I do, however, strongly recommend reading the full text, as it has all the argumentation and sources.

And finally, regarding the sequel which is confirmed to follow the new movies and not the original series: it is true that the sequel is an AU, however it is important to note that spoiler[Lelouch's fate is unaltered in the movies, Zero requiem still happens and he still dies, the changes in the movies are not directly related to Lelouch himself,] and thus these statements about R2's ending are still very much relevant
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 60 of 60