• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Streams Code Geass on YouTube

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:10 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
dragoneyes001 wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:
Why the hell would America try to get Canada to change laws?

Take it up with England, who will then force Canada to change their laws. Bribe the queen with one of those Long John Silver Fish and Chips things, the Queen makes new pirating laws for Canada, everyone's happy.

your not very up to date are you?

the queen and england don't make canadian law and have not had any direct power for a number of decades.

Quote:
I don't know about that, I find it unlikely that Funimation would risk losing their licenses by releasing a series in regions they don't have the license for. honestly I don't think any of us truly knows whats going on, maybe this is a snub on Bandai's part maybe some Canadian law is preventing them form steaming here or maybe some one screwed up when uploading and it all a mistake.

funimation has the rights to air in canada and Bandai has the North American rights so they also have them they simply decided to exclude canada from their sites broadcasts.

The Queen of Canada is still head of state, which apparently checking Wikipedia, makes me more knowledgable about Canada than 95% of Canada.

If Elizabeth doesn't do something Canada may very well revolt

lol your talking about the governor general which is appointed by the queen of england as per the recommendation of the prime minister. basically the referee in the house of commons which can veto bills to stop a law from being enacted but does not actually make the bills that will become laws.

Quote:
Canada being a sovereign nation, the British government cannot advise the Queen or her Governor General on Canadian matters, or otherwise interfere in Canadian affairs.

from the same wiki page you looked up!
Fabe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote
Good news,it looks like Bandai has lifted the regional restrictions on Canada. I've just started watching Code Geass.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7