• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Infinite Stratos (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Actually I wonder if they will chuck in an American for good measure. For some reason when I thought about it this character popped into my head: That is a female jacket

Anyway I don't get the American hate towards the French, didn't they basically one of the big reasons the US got independence, what did they do that Americans usually insult them for. Well the topic is negligent, Charlotte is hot.

it's mutual hatred. It stated between both government.
France would veto anything US present to UN.
this was a big issue back then.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2838269.stm

After that US started to hate France more and more. the hates went to sport competition too.

Like French swimmers trash talked on how they were going to beat US and lost.
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/swimming/news/story?id=3528865
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one hoping to see the Japanese girl getting a personal whatever and beating the crap out of every other girl (besides Frenchie, of course)?

It's quite rare to see my ranking change, but so far my favorite seasonal character is like this:
Victorique > French fries > Satellite
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Nope, I'm stilling waiting for Houki to get a personal IS. Also, I'm dying to be in Ichika's shoes right now! I want to be in the same room as French-chan!

So, German-chan fits in with the Nationality thread's description of German people. Tough, strong, and hate on a person/thing.

Anyone else notice the headgear on the IS pilots when they "transform" into their IS suits? German-chan's headgear looks like bunny ears, I find that amusing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
The one thing I do not understand is how German girl keeps getting away with things, she has assaulted a student first minute in class, started to pick fights. And now spoiler[attacked two representitive students unprovoked and to the point she put their lives in danger and damaged their personal IS to the point they are out of a championship.] Like seriously I would have guessed an ethics code would have been a major part of IS use, but they just keep letting her get away with it.

My guess is that spoiler[Ichika and Charolotte will win, I actually guessed that Charlotte would win when I guessed who would cause the most stir with winning the prize of a date with Ichika.]
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh, logistics. German girl gets away because she's not in front of me, otherwise I'd strangle her. She clearly had two lives at risk.

-guyver
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I really like this series. It's a fun mecha series, and it was one of the series that I wanted to watch when this series was revealed to be happening.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RahlEH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:01 am Reply with quote
I just finished watching episode 8, and I think they've officially flopped the series for me. I was liking the setup and where they were going with it, but then in this last episode we were fed a big piece of predictable pie and I think I'll be dropping this show as of now...
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:14 am Reply with quote
RahlEH wrote:
I just finished watching episode 8, and I think they've officially flopped the series for me. I was liking the setup and where they were going with it, but then in this last episode we were fed a big piece of predictable pie and I think I'll be dropping this show as of now...

Well too bad. I 'm still enjoying this show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quote
I am likeing it, in terms of fanservice it is hitting the level I expected it to hit, characters are falling into line and I find them rather enjoyable (looking forward to more of Laura) and the fights are much better then I expected them to be. Although the main character's idea that he must do it all himself gets a bit frustrating, but so far I don't mind him not being able to see the girls coming on to him, well hopefully he understands what Laura said at the end of the episode.

It is kind of interesting that I had been finding Laura a bit whiney and such dureing much of this episode, but spoiler[her jumping into the classroom and making him her husband] made up for it. Still like Charolotte quite a bit, she at least makes it feel like the main character is not alone in all of this, not falling into the too standard female character type. Hopefully spoiler[that will not change with her declaring herself female, but I too thought it was a bit funny timing when they all knew what they went to the baths the previous night.]

Battle was not bad, a bit of strategy in their such as spoiler[knowing they would not work as a team and pulling of those surprises as Laura also underestemates her opponent.] You know what, I expected that battles would go down to being pretty crappy animation after the first episode, but it has been rather delightfull so far.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8 was great, loved the action and the low amount of fanservice. Oh, Ichika, you lucky [cuss word], I want to be in that male's bath with Charlotte!

Wait, what's this? Ichika's suppose to be the spoiler[wife of Laura?]

Beach episode next.

Oh, if you guys want, I can try and post up specs of the Infinite Stratos, but it's a lot of information.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
What Laughing

He's going to be her wife? I wanna be her wife too. That has to be one of the best tsundere melting ever. Oh, damn you, Ichika, you and my dream harem.

Was that bath scene censored? It has to be. Man, can't wait to watch the BD version!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Oh, damn you, Ichika, you and my dream harem.

Wait your dream harem includes girls who attack you with mecs if they think you have been screwing around or something. Well you are currently useing Ferris as an avatar so that makes sense, a bit of M indeed.

Also I feel a bit silly that I did not realise she said he is her wife, kind of makes me think of another series where the girl imagined herself the groom and the poor faced guy as the bride.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:16 am Reply with quote
I swear if I was drinking something when the "You'll be my wife" line was said I would've spat it out lmao.

Gotta say Houki has been improving, also of course Charlotte <3
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9's start...

GOD DAMN IT ICHIKA! FHASOIFHA!@#@!@!$!@$!!@$!!!@!

Ok, I let my jealousy out. That must have been a nice moment... spoiler[Sharing a bed with German-chan.] So yeah, the side effects of having a harem started kicking up.

Charlotte in a bathing suit Laughing *laughs with pleasure*

But to be honest, I didn't really like anything from this episode besides some fanservice in the beginning, and Charlotte in a bathing suit. I was expecting spoiler[an IS attack] or something.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Unacceptable! Unacceptable, Ichika! Must ... kill. Now that you think of it, German girl is younger than I thought. Perhaps it's about time she stop wearing her Hitler trouser?
Either way, this episode flew by. French girl was just as awesome.. but I don't like the fact that even she is becoming tsundere. Oh, yeah, also liking the bunny sister. I hope she plans on staying.

And to think this is only 12 episodes too. Wtf? I thought something besides Gosick would stay with me for longer, but no. Looks like this spring will be a major reset on my anime schedule.

Oh, man. This anime makes me feel so horny. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10